What's new

Food we’ve made during the coronavirus

Keefe

upload_2020-4-10_18-2-54.jpeg

Lasagna: Olive oiled the dish. A layer of elbow mac on bottom, A layer of mixed grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, a layer of ground beef, a layer of elbow, a layer of Parmesan Romano sauce, a layer of elbow, a layer of shredded mozz. A tiny drizzle of honey on top.

upload_2020-4-10_18-3-54.jpeg

Liverwurst and mustard sandwich. Hold the onions.

upload_2020-4-10_18-5-0.jpeg

Braised short ribs with the carrot/tomato side (unbelievable flavor) and baked potato.

View attachment 9161

Lasagna: Olive oiled the dish. A layer of elbow mac on bottom, A layer of mixed grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, a layer of ground beef, a layer of elbow, a layer of Parmesan Romano sauce, a layer of elbow, a layer of shredded mozz. A tiny drizzle of honey on top.

View attachment 9162

Liverwurst and mustard sandwich. Hold the onions.

View attachment 9163

Braised short ribs with the carrot/tomato side (unbelievable flavor) and baked potato.
I knew I loved you. Liverwurst is one of my fave sandwiches. Although I like onion and on a robust bread like rye. But I've eaten many exactly the way you have it there.

I'm doing both 2 8lb pork butts and a turkey this weekend. Pulled pork and turkey for the next couple weeks. I'll post pics.

Of course on my smoker.

Totally agree on the rye. I just don’t have any.
I've been ramping up my sour dough game, apparently along with the rest of the developed world. Gonna have me some liverwurst on rye and whole wheat sourdough before long.

In fact, I really only had liverwurst on rye growing up at my Oma’s who was 100% German and lived there during WW2. I honestly don’t recall her ever having other bread. Usually with caraway seeds too. She did have pumpernickel too at times actually.

Last edited:
I've been ramping up my sour dough game, apparently along with the rest of the developed world. Gonna have me some liverwurst on rye and whole wheat sourdough before long.

I love sour dough. I feel like it can be a little too thick at times and overwhelm the stars of a sandwich though.

I love sour dough. I feel like it can be a little too thick at times and overwhelm the stars of a sandwich though.
That's why it's great for liverwurst and mustard and onion. All strong flavors, blend well. Great contrast of textures. I use sweet onions. Pretty awesome.

How r fried onions on this?
I've done it before, depends what you mean by fried. I've used the fried onions you can get for like a topping on that green bean casserole, so almost like an onion ring, and that works ok. But like sauteed onions tend to be too slippery and make for a weird mouth feel imo. But the flavor is good. Did fried onions and garlic and that was good. Again weird texture combo though.

I've done it before, depends what you mean by fried. I've used the fried onions you can get for like a topping on that green bean casserole, so almost like an onion ring, and that works ok. But like sauteed onions tend to be too slippery and make for a weird mouth feel imo. But the flavor is good. Did fried onions and garlic and that was good. Again weird texture combo though.

My idea is sautéed in oil or a balsamic or something. I think sautéing them in a little olive oil to the point of almost browning them might work well.

I've heated cans of soup and a can of chili. And scrambled an egg. I'm a foodie.

Pulled pork sandwiches.
Irish stew - yes, with Guinness. What am I, a barbarian?
Honey teriyaki chicken
Chicken tikka masala (but I make this all the time, anyway)

My idea is sautéed in oil or a balsamic or something. I think sautéing them in a little olive oil to the point of almost browning them might work well.
Give it a try. Like I said, flavor was good, texture, for me, was weird.

Pulled pork sandwiches.
Irish stew - yes, with Guinness. What am I, a barbarian?
Honey teriyaki chicken
Chicken tikka masala (but I make this all the time, anyway)
What is your chicken Tikka masala recipe? Been looking for a good recipe for this.