For all the haters and boo birds...

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by firegirl, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Rubashov

Rubashov Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Dec 24, 2016
    Booooooooo!!!!! You Suck! Booooooooooooo!!!!

Stoked, NAOS and Ron Mexico like this.
  2. Shad

Shad Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I actually really agree with ron.... and I never agree with him on just about anything

fishonjazz and Ron Mexico like this.
  3. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yikes. Bad day?

Ostertag>Duncan and Jingled like this.
  4. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The team benefits by having passionate fans. The thing with passion, though, is that it sometimes gets expressed in less-than-ideal ways. Pro athletes should know this, and should also be pro at expecting and dealing with it.

5. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    If Joe Ingles is so worried about players feelings maybe he should reconsider his relentless trash talk which could be construed as workplace bullying ?? After all the opponent he is belittling and dehumanising in front of both his teammates and a crowd of 18000 could suffer some kind of emotional trauma ?? I mean the guys he’s hitting 3 pointers on aren’t trying to play badly, they’re trying but they can’t win every contest ...

6. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Whoah!! Are you alright mate?

7. Et tu Brute

Et tu Brute Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017

Tbh, guys like Ingles get the greatest respect cause everyone thinks they're so chilled and cool.
    He is definitely trying to pretend like he hasn't changed etc over the years.. But even watching him carry-on to the refs every friggin time he drives the ball says he is pretty full of himself these days.

Not that it should matter - but I found his comments so unAustralian as well. I hope he is booed when introduced next game. Get his head back to what it use to be.

8. Et tu Brute

Et tu Brute Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    LOL

9. Dread

Dread Active Member

Jul 15, 2010
    If Joe or the team in general is supposed to be not so thin skinned about booing....doesn't that work the other way around too? Maybe some fans on here shouldn't be so thin skinned about Joe or someone else on this team making/showing their disapproval of the "fandom" playing out in the stands.

I don't get to watch the games in the arena but I'm sure if the team was sitting in my living room they wouldn't have liked my commentary :). However, what Joe said in his tweet doesn't bother me either...

10. Gameface

Gameface All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    That last line was obviously a joke.

11. Gameface

Gameface All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    So you didn't get any of the humor in my post, either?

But that line about people's little lives was arrogant and ugly. This isn't a big issue, the booing or his not liking being booed or the fact that he outed himself as thinking he's that much bigger and better than the people there to watch him. It did sort of shatter my previous image of him, but not that it matters, really. I was never going to be his friend. I watch the guy play basketball. He's good at it. If he's arrogant then he's like many of the other people that are really good at basketball.

NAOS likes this.
  12. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2018
    What self righteous nonsense. We boo opposing teams' players until our throats bleed. But when it's our team, it's just so dehumanizing. :rolleyes:

Don't play like *** and go down 21 in the first quarter, at home, against a terrible team, and you won't get boo'd.

13. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    I listened to Locke's analogies about booing on his podcast and they're so infantile. Booing professional athletes is akin to bullying the shoeshine boy at a country club, lol - get the **** out of here.

Naos put it perfectly in an earlier post - Jazz have as many emotionally invested fans as any other franchise Those emotions are not going to run one way 100% of the time. Does it sometimes come from a place of bad form or ignorance (like Wednesday night)? Sure.

But I can tell you as a guy who has been to NY Yankee games, Philadelphia Eagle games, NY Ranger games, Boston Bruin games, The Jazz are wayyyy ahead of the curve when it comes to positive re-enforcement from their fans.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Booing at a single player is a much uglier look I think than booing at the whole team because of lack of effort. The latter is common and should not be taken personal like Joe did, heck I even remember the Jazz causing a few boos to come out at other courts last year because they were dismantling the opposing team. It's part of sports and the fans passionately expressing how they feel about their team because they care. Would fans not showing up be better? I doubt mgmt would prefer that.

Utah Jazz fans are generally quite savvy, boos were coming from a quite visible lack of effort on defense which is inexcusable at the pro level.

checkbookdoc likes this.
  15. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    This.

Also, refs get booed way more than players. Like every game all game, **** em though right? Poor millionaire bball players though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ellipse and checkbookdoc like this.
  16. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Are you ok with booing bad calls by the refs?
    (I know you will say you are not)

I think many people saying we shouldn't boo the players and that booing is stupid would probably boo the refs.

checkbookdoc likes this.
  17. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Could booing just be a form of criticizing them when they are performing poorly at their work?

I get criticized if I perform poorly at my job. I could even be disciplined, suspended, or fired depending on how poorly I do. Am I being dehumanized when I disciplined for sucking at my job?

18. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    This

19. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    I love Joe but he went a bit over his head on that one.

20. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Snowflake culture is ruining this country.

Booing is not hurting anybody

Neither is calling out the fans who did

Grow up...