What's new

Forget the poll - Jazz just DID sign Raja Bell

ok, im just coming fron the bar. im ****ing drunk. yeah im still on hiastur until next week.

i repsect yb but **** him. **** tarertots too. they hVE ISSUES with raja for wehatever reason. i guess they dont liek players thaty hbabe some ****ing fire.

bell is a competitor. plain. he clotheslined kobe when the refs woudlnt do ****. thats ****ing pride..thats respect.

bel;l is here. get over it f you ****ing hacks. if bellbrings us closer to competiting thn i am all for it. simple.

aLSO, faT **** BALLOOU was whing about wiping his ***. does anyone reallt care about him or hsi fat ****ing stomach? in two months he'll be banned from the board, so who cares.

"Sources said Bell's familiarity with Utah and comfort level playing for Jerry Sloan were the clinchers."

"Before free agency began, I asked Raja to give me a short list of teams and the Jazz were on it. He really wants to play for (coach) Jerry Sloan again!"

Aint read alla this here thread. It's probably done been said 100 times already, but, what the hell, ya know?:

Sloan, he ROCKS, eh!?

ok, im just coming fron the bar. im ****ing drunk. yeah im still on hiastur until next week.

i repsect yb but **** him. **** tarertots too. they hVE ISSUES with raja for wehatever reason. i guess they dont liek players thaty hbabe some ****ing fire.

bell is a competitor. plain. he clotheslined kobe when the refs woudlnt do ****. thats ****ing pride..thats respect.

bel;l is here. get over it f you ****ing hacks. if bellbrings us closer to competiting thn i am all for it. simple.

aLSO, faT **** BALLOOU was whing about wiping his ***. does anyone reallt care about him or hsi fat ****ing stomach? in two months he'll be banned from the board, so who cares.

Is this well typed for a drunk post or not? I'm actually kind of curious. Somewhat readable.

Tough as nails and smashed Kobe, excellent signing.
I'm back after a long absence, like the signings so far just need one more wing -Barnes, Brewer

I would've voted no in the Bell poll, as there were a number of other options, but now that it's done, signing Bell does seem to make some sense.

As the team currently stands, with Jefferson in, that pushes Millsap to back-up PF again and AK mainly as starting SF. That puts CJ at starting SG and Hayward as first wing off the bench.

So the Jazz only really needed a 4th wing, whether that was Brewer or Shannon Brown or whoever. That the Jazz went with Bell shows they prefer a veteran and somebody who cares about defense, which will come in handy in crunch time and the playoffs. Bell will likely be just a 20-minute sub but also a mentor-type to young wings like Hayward and even CJ.

I'm guessing a lot of you don't remember the 2004-05 season when Raja Bell would take 12 jumpers outside the flow of the offense and then throw the rest of the team under the bus after the game for not playing team ball.

Yeah, he's a veteran who plays great D at times; but he's also a hot-head who plays real dumb at times too. He's an ok guy to have in a limited role; but the subtraction of Matthews and Korver and the addition of Bell makes us nowhere near better at the 2 (and don't try to tell me Hayward is going to play any meaningfull minutes at the 2 - that's crazy)

Amazing! Who'da thunk it?

I like Bell, and I hope he's got some game and attitude left. I'm heartbroken about my boy Wesley though. Still, the hotness factor is about equal.

I'm guessing a lot of you don't remember the 2004-05 season when Raja Bell would take 12 jumpers outside the flow of the offense and then throw the rest of the team under the bus after the game for not playing team ball.

Yeah, he's a veteran who plays great D at times; but he's also a hot-head who plays real dumb at times too. He's an ok guy to have in a limited role; but the subtraction of Matthews and Korver and the addition of Bell makes us nowhere near better at the 2 (and don't try to tell me Hayward is going to play any meaningfull minutes at the 2 - that's crazy)

I agree, I remember that season. The thing is, as we stand right now, we have 2 backup wings one of whom is just a rookie, an unproven commodity(could be better than Mathews was last year or could be worse) and another one a 34-yr old guy coming off an injury. It is a big roll of dice there. WE could be better off, but it is nowhere close to a guarantee.

I think Millsap and Jefferson start along with CJ and AK. Memo will come off the bench. I see a bench rotation of Bell, Hayward, and Memo (once he's healthy) with Bell and Memo logging big minutes. At least that's how I would do it.

I hate, hate, hate this move. I very much remember Bell's so-called leadership, throwing team mates under the bus, and selfish play. I was overjoyed when he left. Can't believe we brought him back.

I guess you don't remember that the team you mentioned ****ing sucked. Very little talent and had a PG that did not pass the ball at all. As a competitive player it absolutely sucks to be on a team like that. They won some games but it was Bell, Harpring and AK that basically dragged that team to wins.

I really like this signing. Jefferson, Bell and Hayward are absolutely an even trade at worst with the possibility of it being a good sized upgrade from last year. Just the fact this team added toughness with all three players is a positive for this soft team. I don't know if Hayward is tough but how could he be softer than Korver?

Given the options out there, I would not have chosen Raja. Maybe 4 years ago but he has lost a step on both ends of the floor. And his shot selection was always suspect. Not sure I get this move. Sure he is a hard nosed defensive player but that doesn't do a lot unless you can back it up.

I'm not a fan of Bell overall. But I'm even less of a fan about Matthews contract. Bell can hit a trei which we desperately need, play a little D, and give minutes at the two. If it pisses off Kobe, then all the better. The problem with Matthews coming back would the very real danger he was a one year wonder. Bell > Matthews right now.

Also for those worried about Bell being a cancer, I'm pretty sure Deron would knock his dick in the dirt quicker then the Roadrunner on crack.

I can't stop remembering.

It's just frickin' lovely to hear everyone reminiscing over Bell's toughness and leadership. The former generally manifested itself in him picking up a retarded technical foul any time he got beat late in the game, which crippled the team in several games over the course of a season. And his leadership was a combination of yelling at other players to get him the ball for an idiotic jumper during the game and calling the team out for not running "the system" and "passing" afterwards.

He's going to go into full-on schmooze mode now that he's back, talking about how much he missed playing in "the system" and for "Coach Sloan," but he wasn't that concerned with that when he left the team, leaving for another opportunity as quickly as possible and throwing the team under the bus when he was with Phoenix.

The most important thing to Raja Bell is not the team or winning. It's Raja Bell.