What's new

Frankenstorm Set to Hit the East Coast Next Week

their (not "there" as you liked to spell it moran)
moron (not "moran" as you like to spell it dumas)
I was referring to the fact that you called them peasants. Millionaires are hardly peasants. And whether these politicians truly give a damn or not really means jack ****. Their actions and how they've dealt with this situation does. But keep trolling.

They are peasants as far as these high profile politicians are concerned, but if you prefer to believe the other..... to each their own.
Their actions have everything to do with the fact that cameras are always in their faces, and watch everything they do. Just like PKM described.
Are you sure you're not another franklin alt?

Signed,
Someone who doesn't look as if they've been transported from 1984

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd be the winner of a fashion contest between us..... meanwhile I'm in the back sipping a 5th of Gentlemen Jack with the female presenters.
Feel free to piss and moan, as I've only seen myself and dalamon ever post pics of ourselves around here.

They are peasants as far as these high profile politicians are concerned, but if you prefer to believe the other..... to each their own.
Their actions have everything to do with the fact that cameras are always in their faces, and watch everything they do. Just like PKM described.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd be the winner of a fashion contest between us..... meanwhile I'm in the back sipping a 5th of Gentlemen Jack with the female presenters.
Feel free to piss and moan, as I've only seen myself and dalamon ever post pics of ourselves around here.

I've posted pics of myself more than once, my wife, one of my daughters .. hell, I even posted pics of cake pops.

So, how bad is the damage? I'm leaving to New York in less than a month. :/

I'll leave the updates to Candrew, Wes, and anyone else living in the area. The damage was quite obviously massive in scope. I'm only guessing that a month from now things will be back to normal (other than cosmetically).

I've posted pics of myself more than once, my wife, one of my daughters .. hell, I even posted pics of cake pops.

I did see your wife and your cake pops lol. I may have jumped the gun a little, as I'm sure a few others have as well.

I haven't been anywhere except work, home and the gym since the storm hit.

You probably know as much about the condition of NYC as I do.

I will say a Power Company from Missouri is working on the telephone poles in the business park I work in. And yesterday I saw an Ohio Edison truck working on some power lines near my house - so I think everything that could be done right now is being done.

Remain clueless. Moran.

They are peasants as far as these high profile politicians are concerned, but if you prefer to believe the other..... to each their own. Their actions have everything to do with the fact that cameras are always in their faces, and watch everything they do. Just like PKM described.

Not only do we turn our noses to modern science but we are now psychic as well. Good to know. But hey, you're right, these politicians don't give a ****. They're only flying all over the place to assess the situation and talk to the people. They're only doing everything they can to get as much money and charity as possible to help expedite the the rebuilding and healing process...or as quickly as the insurance companies will allow anyway. Ya know, they're only doing their job. And this is coming from someone who loathes Christie.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd be the winner of a fashion contest between us..... meanwhile I'm in the back sipping a 5th of Gentlemen Jack with the female presenters. Feel free to piss and moan, as I've only seen myself and dalamon ever post pics of ourselves around here.

Who's pissing and moaning? I'm relishing the idea that you actually find it a good idea to not only post a pic of yourself on this site but do so looking like an unemployed meth addict who can't figure out why he can't get a job. Keep at it though bro. If that's what mom allows under her roof.

Who's pissing and moaning? I'm relishing the idea that you actually find it a good idea to not only post a pic of yourself on this site but do so looking like an unemployed meth addict who can't figure out why he can't get a job. Keep at it though bro. If that's what mom allows under her roof.

Why wouldn't it be chill to post a pic of yourself? Screw avatars, I am who I am.
Unemployed meth addict? Mom?
I'm a manager at a retail store, and I have two kids. Smart guy ;-)

I'm actually relishing the fact that you prefer to make up stories in your head about who people may or may not be, in order to restore your cute little ego.

Next time please insert a bunch of *******...... ******........ ****** and *****'s next time, so I can take you a little more seriously.

Why wouldn't it be chill to post a pic of yourself? Screw avatars, I am who I am.

Uh, because I'm not 16, this isn't MySpace and I like being gainfully employed.

Unemployed meth addict? Mom?
I'm a manager at a retail store, and I have two kids. Smart guy ;-)

I'm actually relishing the fact that you prefer to make up stories in your head about who people may or may not be, in order to restore your cute little ego.

Woah!

Next time please insert a bunch of *******...... ******........ ****** and *****'s next time, so I can take you a little more seriously.

Okay. Moran.

Uh, because I'm not 16, this isn't MySpace and I like being gainfully employed.

Ah that's cute. So I take it you prefer your ******* , ******, and ********'s posts to remain anonymous.

Okay. Moran.

get_a_brain_morans2.jpg

So, how bad is the damage? I'm leaving to New York in less than a month. :/

Friends and family on Long Island (north shore, eastern Suffolk Co.) are still without power. Gasoline is in very short supply, partly because many stations don't have power to run their pumps. Some grocery stores are closed entirely, others in the area are running on generators, nothing in their freezers and dairy and meat is very limited. Our friends say it feels as though they're in a war zone or third world country. Not a lot of property damage though, at least not significant damage. Flooding was not an issue for them- high winds were the cause of most of the problems. There are a lot of trees down.

My son is planning to visit at the end of next week. His friend at Columbia, which is in upper Manhattan, said things are OK there. He may have to skip the visit to Grandma & Grandpa on Long Island though. But hopefully by then they'll be back home with heat and lights!

It really is unbelievable though how long it is taking to get the electricity flowing again. And there is another storm brewing. Yikes!!!