What's new

Free Agent Rumors Thread

Twin Towers

Trying to keep all rumors in 1 thread.
Here is a couple I have seen.

Tony Jones
can confirm Jazz interest in free agent small forward Trevor Ariza....perfect 3 and D type for Utah and new system

Tony Jones
league source says that Lakers power forward Ryan Kelly is one name the Jazz could be interested in as FA wears on

David Locke
Jazz fans two shooters to keep an eye on Jodie Meeks and Anthony Morrow. Also, Richard Jefferson. Jazz need vet wing who can shoot

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee
Trevor Booker is an unrestricted free agent & has attracted interest from several teams (MIA, MIN, UTA, BKN, NYK, ORL & WAS), sources say

per @Sam Amick
Expected "a lot of interest" in Gordon Hayward from Jazz, Suns, Celtics. Maybe add Lakers, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Grizzlies,

Tony Jones
Second league source tells The Tribune tonight that Marvin Williams loves Utah and really wants to be with the Jazz

Williams camp and the Jazz are expected to meet today, league source told The Tribune on Sunday

RT@AlexKennedyNBA:
Add the Jazz to the list of teams that have expressed interest in Kent Bazemore, per sources. ATL, SAS, PHX, BOS, DAL, LAL also interested.

@SpearsNBAYahoo:
The Jazz and Lakers free agent guard Kent Bazemore's camp have had some preliminary contract talks, a source said.

RT@mcten:
Source says the talks between Kent Bazemore and the Utah Jazz have moved past the preliminary stage, but the sides are not close to a deal

Last edited:
Ariza would be ****ing chill on the Jazz. That Jefferson thing is just a Locke troll.

Ariza would be ****ing chill on the Jazz. That Jefferson thing is just a Locke troll.

I agree. Locke just says things that pop in his head sometimes.

I love Ariza. Just doubt he wants to come here. Heard another report that he wants to live in a place with warm weather. Didn't like DC so he will probably go back to LA.

It will probably be a long, drawn out July with Hayward. I think he and his agent are comfortable letting the big fish go first, then sitting back and watching the (many) losers come a knockin'

What exactly does this mean?

That we just have everything to lose, regardless.

This season will be the mediocre season of all mediocre seasons. We will be more mediocre than white bread, Toyota Corollas, and Wednesdays. We will be the NBA team equivalent of Mr. Irrelevant. We will be the NBA team equivalent of Matt Harpring...Mr. Average. The most exciting thing this year will be fry sauce references ad nauseum. I can't wait!!!

That we just have everything to lose, regardless.

This season will be the mediocre season of all mediocre seasons. We will be more mediocre than white bread, Toyota Corollas, and Wednesdays. We will be the NBA team equivalent of Mr. Irrelevant. We will be the NBA team equivalent of Matt Harpring...Mr. Average. The most exciting thing this year will be fry sauce references ad nauseum. I can't wait!!!

I'm sure this is what suns, and Bobcats fans were saying this last year.

I just want to see good team basketball and hustle on defense. And improvements from the young guys.

The wins and losses I don't really care about. Watching quality basketball is what makes it fun for me to watch.

Watching ball movement and the team run like its 1. Like its a single living breathing organism on the court makes basketball fun to watch.

Wins an losses come and go.

Heck, no to Ryan Kelly. Watched him in the d-league and he was mediocre. This list is weak.

I can only see us trying to sign Ariza is GH doesn't return. Though Washington will probably work hard to re-sign him.

What exactly does this mean?

Basically i just don't think we are winning anything next year no matter who we can recruit and we have players at every position already that i want to see getting the majority of minutes

PG: Burke/Exum
SG: Burks/Hayward/Exum
SF: Hayward/Hood/Evans?
PF: Favors/Kanter/Evans?
C: Favors/Gobert

Every player listed there (even evans, sorry i just like him) i would like to see getting solid/heavy minutes, even though that team will probably not go anywhere next season i need to see these players getting minutes, especially in a new system under a new coach rather than seeing the richard jeffersons of this world running out and sitting interesting prospects on the bench.

Suck this year. Add Okafor. Sign free agents next offseason.

Exum and Okafor lead the Jazz to uber titles.

Basically, we don't need to tank but we also don't need to waste valuable minutes or salary cap space on mediocre vets just to help us win a few extra games.

Basically i just don't think we are winning anything next year no matter who we can recruit and we have players at every position already that i want to see getting the majority of minutes

PG: Burke/Exum
SG: Burks/Hayward/Exum
SF: Hayward/Hood/Evans?
PF: Favors/Kanter/Evans?
C: Favors/Gobert

Every player listed there (even evans, sorry i just like him) i would like to see getting solid/heavy minutes, even though that team will probably not go anywhere next season i need to see these players getting minutes, especially in a new system under a new coach rather than seeing the richard jeffersons of this world running out and sitting interesting prospects on the bench.

One of the youngest teams ever in the NBA?

I honestly don't want us to sign anymore that interferes with Exum, Trey, Burks, Kanter, Favors or Goberts minutes (include G-Time if he is signed).

The problem is I don't know what Snyder will do. Will we sign Marvin and play him over Kanter again. And make Kanter play back up C and have him protect the paint alone again? And blame Kanter instead of Corbin.....I mean Snyder?

Who knows. Either way this free agency period is nerve racking. Its been so painful to watch this organization waste development and chemistry between these players over the years. You never know what they will do this year.

I honestly don't want us to sign anymore that interferes with Exum, Trey, Burks, Kanter, Favors or Goberts minutes (include G-Time if he is signed).

The problem is I don't know what Snyder will do. Will we sign Marvin and play him over Kanter again. And make Kanter play back up C and have him protect the paint alone again? And blame Kanter instead of Corbin.....I mean Snyder?

Who knows. Either way this free agency period is nerve racking. Its been so painful to watch this organization waste development and chemistry between these players over the years. You never know what they will do this year.

Really though, all snyder has to do his first year is play all the young guys a lot of minutes and all of us will love him as a coach.