Game 3 - Rockets @ Jazz

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by JazzMan4Life, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Houston's offense works because James Harden is one of the greatest offensive players to ever pick up a basketball and they've got a bunch of good shooters on the wings.

I don't think abandoning a system that generates the amount of open looks is the answer. The system works, we just need better shooting.

Ostertag>Duncan and NUMBERICA like this.
  2. RRJazz

RRJazz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2017
    My choice for crucial moment of the game was Mitchell and Rubio combining to miss 5 of 6 free throws early in the 2nd half. We were up 6 at the time, so that was a great moment to be up 11. Your starting guards can't do that. Oh well.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  3. Truth

Truth Active Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Having Mitchell play Harden's roll, pushing off, step back 3s, flopping, swiping for foul calls, driving into or jumping into people for foul calls until they are forced to play behind him, then driving into the lane looking to throw passes to Gobert /Favors for dunks, everybody else spotting up for 3's, but also taking 2s too when they are there, to keep the D off balance.

4. DouggYsTyLe

DouggYsTyLe New Member

Apr 20, 2019

keep crying u baby lmao wah wah wah stfu

5. Truth

Truth Active Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Seriously, they take 3 or 4 steps. How is that not a travel? If that's the rule now , then all the Jazz players should practice that step back. Do it just like Harden does. Exact same form. (or Curry)_ They'd probably raise their % like 10/15 points.

6. Sandman822

Sandman822 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    All I really got out of tonight besides disappointment is that Mitchell needs some help and some of the adjusts Gobert made defensively tonight are why he's the DPOTY. Everything else I just want to forget.

7. Bulletproof

Bulletproof All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Feb 17, 2017
    society has fallen?

As a Utahn, **** you! **** everything you mean in your post. You aren't Utah. I am. Please leave.

8. basketballer

basketballer New Member

Apr 21, 2019
    1485340582_1ib9fr.gif

9. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Dude seriously? Get a life !

10. Et tu Brute

Et tu Brute Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    You don't care about offending people with what they may deem blasphemy?
    Seems a little insensitive for someone sensitive to sexism and gender equity.
    Does being an atheist mean that because 'there is no God', it isn't actually offensive to use language that religious people would ordinarily deem offensive.

11. phippsj

phippsj Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Gobert showed up, Mitchell played with passion. Team overall had some fight finally. But we definitely need to hit those open shots to take some pressure off of Mitchell.

12. Et tu Brute

Et tu Brute Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017

Not enough pressure consistently on the rim.
    DM did a good job of getting to the rim, but not enough Rockets players are forced to defend their opponent attacking the rim.

13. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    What if Gobert netted an offensive allstar 4 or wing or a combo of an all-star and just below all-star level of those positions? Slide Favors to starting 5. Would you guys do it?

14. campaignist

campaignist Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Nope. He's too important to what the Jazz do on both sides of the ball. I'd have to hear specific names before even considering it and even then it would have to be hugely in Utah's favor.

The Thriller and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  15. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Deep down I feel like this series needed to happen. The notion that having the best defense is akin to having the best offense is a complete farce.

Unless The Jazz get players who can create offense, other than a 22 year old second year player, then this team is going to be terminally stuck in the middle of the pack.

Speaking of which, if The Jazz don't upgrade their offense soon, someone is going to get in Donovan's ear and things can go south very quickly. The luster associated with being the consummate small market water carrier will eventually lose its appeal with this kid.

LoPo, The Thriller, kabenac and 2 others like this.
  16. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I'm glad the Jazz showed up this game. They lost to a better team. And I'm so sick of seeing Harden flop. If they gave a tech every time that guy flopped he'd average about 5 MPG. He falls on the floor every time someone breathes on him.

footawn likes this.
  17. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Ricky Rubio needs to go. He should have been benched in this game. The Rockets dare him to shoot because it's the best defense against the Jazz. Really all they need is a PG who can shoot and create some offense for himself or others. Or make Mitchell the PG (not my preference) and find a wing that can shoot and create some offense.

The Thriller likes this.
  18. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Its insane D Lindz ever thought Rubio was a legit enough to "cut the mustard' here... George Hill for that matter too..

19. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    Exactly. Utah looks like a feather-fisted fighter such as Paulie Malignani or A Mere Con(Amir Khan) and Houston looks like a tough gizzled Terrence Crawford type who can easily eat our best punch and return volley way harder..

20. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    Where did the pick spent on Rubio land again? #20 in 2018??? Coulda had Anfernee Simons on a 4 year restricted rookie deal... Instead u got Ricky with one foot out the door already.

Literally made the same mistake twice... George Hill trade was a blunder too, that aged our roster a bunch and paid no dividends.... Sabonis, Hernangomez, Taurean Prince, Malik Beasley Caris LaVert, Pascal Siakam, DeJounte Murray, Ivica Zubac all on the board..

Ostertag>Duncan and The Thriller like this.