What's new

Game 42 - Jazz at Cavs - 1/21/15 5 PM Mountain Time - Root Sports

It's incredible how that Jazz didn't find a playmaker above the average since Deron Williams left!

I think the Jazz had to do all the possible to move up in the 2012 draft to take Damian Lillard! Just imagine this team with him!

Why don't you check back in FIVE YEARS when Dante is the same age as Lillard?

My god.

It's all Kanter's fault.

Nevermind the fact that he is our only starter who continuously continues to play when we are getting embarassed

He sucked *** in the first half, but ended with 24 pts and 17 rebs in 33 mins. How are you going to hate that?

Fools acting like we are supposed to win, even though we have Trey Burke at PG and a bunch of DLeaguers playing the 2 and backing hayward up at the 3.

Nope. Kanter's fault, because he had some hiccups after returning from injury.

Our big rotation is legit. Our perimeter defense and offensive balance was suspect before Alec and Hood got the injury bug. Do you think it somehow got better in their absence?

By the way, Favors only had one rebound tonight. Should we trade him for peanuts? **** no!

Last edited:
It's easy to look good at passing when you aren't looking for your own offense at all.

At some point this one has a reverse effect - opponents start noticing that all you do is pass and start covering the passing lanes ... or don't help on you 'cause they know you won't shoot and won't go to the rim and stay with their man, thus limiting good passing opportunities for finishers...

I thought Dante looked good today... not good as in "great play", but as in great effort and actually trying to create something in offense and in some situations succeeding... I'd be really happy if he keeps playing like that.

Kanter plays great and we get destroyed, color me surprised.

Quin knows what he's doing. Kanter is the only Jazz player who got more than 30 minutes tonight (while all 5 starters for the Cavs had more than 30 minutes) and he responds with 24 points and 17 rebounds. Even if his defense sucks, numbers like that will raise his trade value significantly over the next month.

Some stats of interest. . . Jingles and Burke combined to go 2/14 for 5 points, while Exum and Millsap combined to go 6/14 for 16 points. Dante had 5 assists and 4 turnovers. I'm actually encouraged by this. I'm not a fan of his, but Williams played a lot better than last time - 12 minutes and 10 points (3/3 from behind the arc.) The Jazz have three guys - Jingles, Millsap and Williams - that are a 27 year old international rookie, and two dudes on ten day contracts who combined for 60 minutes at the wing tonight. They shouldn't even sniff the floor. The Jazz are lucky that they didn't get blown out worse than 14. How in the hell did Jingles, Millsap and Williams manage to score 25 points tonight?

It's all Kanter's fault.

Nevermind the fact that he is our only starter who continuously continues to play when we are getting embarassed

He sucked *** in the first half, but ended with 24 pts and 17 rebs in 33 mins. How are you going to hate that?

Fools acting like we are supposed to win, even though we have Trey Burke at PG and a bunch of DLeaguers playing the 2 and backing hayward up at the 3.

Our big rotation is legit. Our perimeter defense and offensive balance was suspect before Alec and Hood got the injury bug. Do you think it somehow got better in their absence?

By the way, Favors only had one rebound tonight. Should we trade him for peanuts? **** no!

So you are saying we should still trade him, right? I don't like peanuts either.

Just made it to halftime. These BS calls on Rudy have got to stop. Clean steal on LeBron. Not that he "gets" that call when it's LeBron, be he should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the first time all year this team looked like a Corbin coached team.

Zero effort and terrible ball movement.

I think the lack of talent and playmakers is taking a toll. But that doesn't explain to me Favors taking a massive dump and G time looking like he didn't care. Also, what happened to Burke's shooting?

For the first time all year this team looked like a Corbin coached team.

Zero effort and terrible ball movement.

I think the lack of talent and playmakers is taking a toll. But that doesn't explain to me Favors taking a massive dump and G time looking like he didn't care. Also, what happened to Burke's shooting?
Way too many d leaguers getting significant minutes. We are tanking obviously. I hope this will be the last year of the scrubs

It's all Kanter's fault.

Well he did put up those stats when nothing else mattered TBH.

Then watch the game. The entire reason I booted up my computer was to see if anyone else noticed Exum's passing skills in this game. He is showing elite skill, he has an inate knowledge of when and where to pass the ball. One time he drove sideways into the lane then passed totally backwards to an open (by 20 feet) Ingles for a 3. His passing tonight gave me more hope about him than anything else I have seen.

It's easy to look good at passing when you aren't looking for your own offense at all.

At some point this one has a reverse effect - opponents start noticing that all you do is pass and start covering the passing lanes ... or don't help on you 'cause they know you won't shoot and won't go to the rim and stay with their man, thus limiting good passing opportunities for finishers...

I thought Dante looked good today... not good as in "great play", but as in great effort and actually trying to create something in offense and in some situations succeeding... I'd be really happy if he keeps playing like that.

Great point. I'm more than happy with the experience he's getting this year. Imagine if Sloan was coaching and Utah was playing for a playoff spot. Dante wouldn't see the floor for two years and he wouldn't be getting the experience he's getting now. Nothing wrong with baby steps.

Gobert gets 17 rebounds and not only does he have to start he is the greatest center in Jazz history. Kanter gets 17 rebounds and we should trade him for a bag of chips and some used toilet paper. Obviously, its because Kanter is a finished product. Wait Kanter is only a year older than Gobert and not a finished product. I just don't get why fans hate Kanter. Lets love both Gobert and Kanter.

Well he did put up those stats when nothing else mattered TBH.

Did you watch? He put up those numbers while we still had a fighting chance. His effort cut the lead before the halfm and then again at the start of the fourth.

Anyways, it was a **** game.

Kanter put up the worst 24 and 17 in NBA history
This may be true, but it was still better than anything anyone else on the team put up tonight

I wouldn't say obviously, we are really thin on players because of injury.

Being intentionally thin before the injuries was a clear tank move. I just hope that playing with these scrubs helps Rudy, Favors and Hayward feel awesome next year when the Jazz LOAD up. Gotta think there will be a huge boost in talent between now and next year. Jingles is starting, and if the Jazz are active and guys develop, he might not even crack the rotation next year. I could see him being Jeremy Evans in 2015/16.

Gobert gets 17 rebounds and not only does he have to start he is the greatest center in Jazz history. Kanter gets 17 rebounds and we should trade him for a bag of chips and some used toilet paper. Obviously, its because Kanter is a finished product. Wait Kanter is only a year older than Gobert and not a finished product. I just don't get why fans hate Kanter. Lets love both Gobert and Kanter.
I do love them both, and I loathe all of the "trade Kanter" hate threads. With that said. . . I think Rudy is a franchise center and I think Favors >>>Kanter.

Kanter has his value, but I just don't think he's a great fit and I'd hate to see the Jazz saddled with a max or near max contract for him this offseason or lose him for nothing. I hope he kills it for the next month and becomes the hottest asset in the NBA by the deadline.

I desperately want the Jazz to flip him (plus Burke and some draft picks) for a potential #1 option wing to go with Hayward. Then I'd like to see the Jazz aggressively use the cap space created by trading those two guys to go after a veteran PG (preferably Dragic) and a 3&D guy (preferably Carroll) for the bench. Add a top 7 pick from this draft to that group, plus a healthy Burks and Hood as well as a bigger Exum, and I think the Jazz can surprise a lot of people.

Go into next year with Kanter and Burke in the starting lineup. . . not so much. . .

Stats don't tell the whole story. It's all the little things that don't show up in the box score. Its how the player impacts the game that matters. If you think stats mean you are a good player, then you really arent paying attention to whats going on. Go look at the stats from the 76ers, there are a bunch of Allstars on that team in your eyes.

Kanter put up the worst 24 and 17 in NBA history

The fact that he's capable of putting up these kind of numbers should make it clear why Utah needs to manage him carefully as an asset. Meanwhile the losses increase the value of our pick. A little patience and Utah could be loaded for bear to take the next step.