What's new

Game #5 - Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers - 11/7/12 - 7:00 PM MST - Root Sports, 1280 AM/97.5 FM

Fun Game to watch......

After 5 games, I vote for the following "9 man rotation"

Mo. Williams
Millsap
Jefferson
Marv. Williams
Hayward
Burks
Foye
Favors
Kanter

I have no idea why we had LA Refs last night. We did take it to the hole, got hammered, no calls.
Hayward must have done something to the refs wife/daughter? because they did not let him breathe by fouling him out.

Burks should get Tinsleys minutes so he gets close to 20min/nite.

Hayward's defense was unreal, offense he couldn't hit broad side of a barn.

Favors is warming up.

Kanter warming up as well.

Like I said, let's tighten this rotation to 8 and bring Burks into it.

Last edited:
Fun Game to watch......

After 5 games, I vote for the following "8 man rotation"

Mo. Williams
Millsap
Jefferson
Marv. Williams
Hayward
Burks
Favors
Kanter

I have no idea why we had LA Refs last night. We did take it to the hole, got hammered, no calls.
Hayward must have done something to the refs wife/daughter? because they did not let him breathe by fouling him out.

Favors is warming up.

foye?

A few thoughts

#2 Jazz have no offensive identity right now. Big Al lacks the explosivness to be a go to person. Marvin, Millsap, and Hayward, just aren't go to guys. Favors and Kanter aren't. We literally only have 2 guys who can create, Mo and Burks. Unfortunately, one is playing while the other is not.

i think al looks quite comfortable sharing the scoring load. in some ways it might have even helped his defence (seems more active to me). we already knew he can't be the primary scoring option on a contending team but he can still score almost at will on a whole lot of nba centers.

mo's creativity and aggression with the ball is huge for this team. we need him to maintain his level of play and then get some other people going.

i would also consider hayward to be quite a creative offensive player. he's still figuring it out but he sure makes the game look easy at times. he's been far more impressive than favours to start the season.

i agree that burks needs to be playing with that second unit and finding his game. hopefully when our schedule is easier he will get some proper burn.

Fun Game to watch......

After 5 games, I vote for the following "9 man rotation"

Mo. Williams
Millsap
Jefferson
Marv. Williams
Hayward
Burks
Foye
Favors
Kanter

Favors is warming up.

Who is your PG on the 2nd unit? Foye or Burks?

You down on Carroll or just prefer the others above him.

Who do you have starting and who do you have in the second unit?

I really don't understand why Carroll is out of the rotation? Is he injured?

Carroll is a nice bench peice like Evans. Great in some situations and I love his hustle. However, when he's in it's 4 on 5 because he is not an offensive player. The opposing D can leave him to double any time they want.

So I would also have to say, he's not bad it's just that others are better or more rounded players.

3rp6ss

Good to see Enes showing the ability to match-up with Howard. He locked him up good. That was an important test for him after that Bynum match-up. Next game, Howard will be pushing him all over the floor for he has tasted his strength.

Had to give rep.... again

I just love that picture of the 4 at the bottom of your posts!

This is the difference between him and CJ. Foye is confident, while CJ is the weakest minded pro in the game, and no confidence. Foye may make me pull my hair out at times, but he will win us some games, which is something CJ never did.

Let the Foye experiment continue.

Amen. CJ is shooting 27.5% so far this year and 26% from 3pt range. His game gets weaker every year.

I like Carroll, Tinsley, Watson and they should not be playing over Burks. Burks is a better player and he is part of the future while the rest of these guys will be out of the league in a few years.

It should be so easy to run a 12 man rotation and get everyone minutes.. Why is Corbin so stupid?

I was looking at the nba highlights for this game. Man, if Favors had that block on Dwight....woulda been a top play.

I really don't understand why Carroll is out of the rotation? Is he injured?
He really doesn't deserve the minutes. He's an energy guy only. He shouldn't be in the rotation.
Amen. CJ is shooting 27.5% so far this year and 26% from 3pt range. His game gets weaker every year.
that's impressive. I would've thought it would've been harder to get worse from last year. Props to CJ.