What's new

Game 58: Jazz at Thunder, Feb 22 7:30pm mtn

Ricky tripping turning it ovee
Favors throwing it out
And mitchell dribbling it out

Thats how we lost. We had the game.

Okay so whose hands do you want the ball in if you don't want it in the hands of our best offensive player? Who is creating and getting us a good look if not Donovan? Nobody.

You're blaming Donovan when the problem isn't him. The problem is that we lack a second option who can create or at least be a threat to create. We can run sets all day but in those situations the opponent knows it's going to end up in Donovans hands anyway because he's our only creator so I don't mind Quin calling Iso and just letting Donovan try to get mismatches with screens.

We just need a secondary creator and scorer man. That's the issue. If we had one Donovan would be much more efficient and effective because he'd get better looks and be able to save some energy
Sigh, fondly remembering iso Joe Johnson. A guy like that would be a difference maker for this team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Reactions: SCS
I don’t care what anybody says....

Mitchell is the most overrated and overused offensive player in the league.

Last 10 games
92/236 - 38%

He’s actually similar to Westbrook in terms of shooting this season which pretty much says it all.

So basically Mitchell is a non rebounding / playmaking version of Westbrook....

Yeah, this was an amalgamation of key mistakes by multiple Jazz players at different times, some more than others. As much as you can point at Ricky, 6 assists/8 TO's, Rudy lost focus a few times, Mitchell had his bad moments etc. We truly lost this one as a team.
Team is everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

What a game. I really hate watching Ricky Rubio. 3 TO in the last few minutes and OT. He is the reason we lost this game. If Neto had been in we win. Rubio is the 4th best PG on this roster. Mitchell, Exum and Neto are all better players. Please bench that bum.
Yeah, this was an amalgamation of key mistakes by multiple Jazz players at different times, some more than others. As much as you can point at Ricky, 6 assists/8 TO's, Rudy lost focus a few times, Mitchell had his bad moments etc. We truly lost this one as a team.
BS. Rubio is the reason we lost. He handed this game to the Thunder on a silver platter. He needs benched for good.

Heart breaking, I hate Westbrook

On a side note, in NBA 2k I lose with Rubio and start winning when I bench him. Maybe the jazz should do the same ? Lol

I don’t care what anybody says....

Mitchell is the most overrated and overused offensive player in the league.

Last 10 games
92/236 - 38%

He’s actually similar to Westbrook in terms of shooting this season which pretty much says it all.

So basically Mitchell is a non rebounding / playmaking version of Westbrook....
You mean MVP Westbrook? Our second year player who has no help offensively?

Thanks for giving me some optimism

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can we all finally come to agreement that the team has regressed from last year? I've been making that argument all season and people have been very defensive about it. I'm not saying we're bad. I'm just saying we've regressed.

Agree mostly because Ricky Rubio is worse but also because Mitchell has been inefficient at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donovan tried to do what he could but maybe it was Quinn's fault for not trying something else (?). All we did with Donovan was him isoing and bulldozing into the paint AT LEAST 8 times.

Agree I hate it when we do that. Why not run the offence and get some easy shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a game. I really hate watching Ricky Rubio. 3 TO in the last few minutes and OT. He is the reason we lost this game. If Neto had been in we win. Rubio is the 4th best PG on this roster. Mitchell, Exum and Neto are all better players. Please bench that bum.

BS. Rubio is the reason we lost. He handed this game to the Thunder on a silver platter. He needs benched for good.

You are not more stupid because you do not train

Really really stings.

This season has been heart breaking. But with a team that played so well last year our expectations can be crushing.

We are still painfully close to being on of the big teams in the west. It looks like Conley would have been the answer.
I hope Exum comes back, and helps. We can and probably will make a monster run.

I just don't have complete faith in Exum, Rubio, etc to lead.

Checking the box score I see jingles played 46 minutes. That has to be a career high. (And it was the highest on the entire team)
Royce played 17 minutes
Korver played 11 minutes

Rubio played 41 minutes
Neto played 12 minutes. (Raul was a +15 in this game. Second highest on the team behind favors +16)

Hindsight is 20/20 but seems like something should have been a bit different with the rotations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Let's see, because here in this forum you like to criticize and look for guilty that if, "all sitting on the couch." If you are looking for a guilty party for having lost with a very good team, then you should focus your criticism towards QS. Do you know when jazz loses this game? ... They lose it when they stop playing as a TEAM. Everything else, opinions of little boys who spend the day playing 2K

Let's see, because here in this forum you like to criticize and look for guilty that if, "all sitting on the couch." If you are looking for a guilty party for having lost with a very good team, then you should focus your criticism towards QS. Do you know when jazz loses this game? ... They lose it when they stop playing as a TEAM. Everything else, opinions of little boys who spend the day playing 2K

Excuse yourself! This makes since, you are Daughter

Your boy sucked *** last night. Our floor general passing maestro can't make a decent pass and not turn it over in critical moments to save his life. Let's not even go into bricking wide open 3s and missing layups. And everything he's been touted being good at is pretty much a lie at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been on the Rubio hate train. Just disappointed by the fact he can't figure out how get it rolling at the start of the season since it cost us a lot games especially this year. Now I'm not even expecting anything the second half. I'm on the hate train at this point. I'd only want him back as a backup but I think little Ricky would be too hurt by that and it hurt the team even more. He better be gone after this year . Yes I'm probably overacting but the guy isn't taking us anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: