What's new

Game #60 Clippers at Jazz Feb 27,2019 7pm

Aren't they all from here on out?
I want the 3 seed. Denver in the second round would be our path. That's what hurts so bad about the poor play of the first of the season. We SHOULD be the 2-3 seed but inconsistent gaurd play killed us.

I want the 3 seed. Denver in the second round would be our path. That's what hurts so bad about the poor play of the first of the season. We SHOULD be the 2-3 seed but inconsistent gaurd play killed us.

The only difference between having the 6 and having the 3 in that scenario is an extra road game. We won a road playoff game last year vs. OKC, I think we could do it again. It seems like we're looking at either Portland or Houston in the 4/5 matchup, or OKC in the 3/6 matchup. Give me OKC again in that scenario, because you're right, winning means you play Denver in the 2nd round instead of GS.

The only difference between having the 6 and having the 3 in that scenario is an extra road game. We won a road playoff game last year vs. OKC, I think we could do it again. It seems like we're looking at either Portland or Houston in the 4/5 matchup, or OKC in the 3/6 matchup. Give me OKC again in that scenario, because you're right, winning means you play Denver in the 2nd round instead of GS.
Yeah but we are more likely to get the 4-5 than 6th at this point. Getting too and holding the 2nd/3rd seed should have been much more realistic than it is now.

Must win?

Not at all. They should win though and it is a big game but at this point im not worried about making the playoffs anymore. Our last 18 games are easy. I think we will go 15-3 or 14-4. Something like that anyway. The teams behind us arent catching us.

So its not a must win from a getting in to the playoffs standpoint, which is what determines must win for me at this point, but it is a must win if we are going for the 3 seed or even homecourt.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I want the 3 seed too. Okc will be tough to catch though. Hell it seems like portland and houston rarely lose. I still think we end up 4th but that might be the homer in me talking. Im sure the odds have us at 5th or 6th.
**** the odds though

This is a "should win" game for me. If we can't get up for this one despite being at home and having all the recent rest, then that's just frustrating. Considering how we have failed against undermanned Clipper teams late in the season in recent years, I want to win this one convincingly.

This is a "should win" game for me. If we can't get up for this one despite being at home and having all the recent rest, then that's just frustrating. Considering how we have failed against undermanned Clipper teams late in the season in recent years, I want to win this one convincingly.

Agreed

Im hyped for this one. The all star break still lingers. I need more jazz!

This should be an easy win. Hopefully we can get a big lead and rest our starters most of the 4th because tomorrow night in Denver is going to be really tough.

Jazz and Clips play three times this season. Jazz won the first meeting by 20 pts. Jazz are currently 6th in the west, Clippers 7th, so this could be an important tie-breaker for the Jazz.

Clips have won three of their last four games. In the last game their bench combined to score 72 points. Harrell and Lou Williams led the way.
Clips may be with out Luc Mbah a Moute and Wilson Chandler.

538 has us projected to get the 6th seed right now. They also have us finishing 5 games better than the 7 seed. That would be ideal in my mind.
That's why I'm not too worried about this game as being must win. We won't get passed by anybody. Our schedule becomes too easy for the 7th place team to catch us. Okc, Houston, Portland. We are playing one of them in the first round. They are all tough, but beatable, teams. We will probably be underdogs in Vegas against each them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app