What's new

Game 8: Jazz vs Grizzlies 7pm Mountain Time

so CY i said conley is a mastermind at managing games and moving the offense...

you wana tell me how great rubio is again?

What you saw tonight is Conley completely out-class rubio, and then you saw shelvin mack...SHELVIN ****ING MACK torch rubio/exum.
Lmao, he didnt outclass Rubio. He and Rubio matched each other in the first half you ignoramus then the refs ****ed over Rubio with a bad 4th foul early in the 3rd.

Mike Conley was a -6 in the game. Rubio was +11. Rubio had 22 and 11.

I thought Rubio was good for the majority of the game, he just fell apart in the 4th. Don't think the Jazz are even in the game without him.

I'm more chaffed at Allen being in the game over Exum at the end when neither were having a good game offensively and Exum is the better defender. It's two games in a row now where Gobert has been abused by PGs drawing him out then getting past him, and it was pretty clear to me that Exum guarding Conley allowed Gobert to switch a lot closer to the paint when they did, or Exum just stuck with Conley the whole time and allowed Gobert to stick with Gasol more, but with Rubio guarding Conley Gobert ended up at the 3pt line trying to guard Conley a lot late in the game which makes the whole defensive scheme fall apart.

Cy, I feel like you are happy with mediocrity. You always seem fine with playing our same ole has beens so we can maybe scratch out one win in the 2nd round.

You always lack the balls to play younger players because some obscure stat which favors the vet. Well, Rubio is better than Exum on the ball because he has about 8 years more experience. Considering they are comparable is more of a credit to Exum. Simple logic tells you that Exum would get better with more consistent reps. And logic also tells you Rubio is more **** than sugar.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lmao, he didnt outclass Rubio. He and Rubio matched each other in the first half you ignoramus then the refs ****ed over Rubio with a bad 4th foul early in the 3rd.

Mike Conley was a -6 in the game. Rubio was +11. Rubio had 22 and 11.

are you blind?

are you watching jazz games via box score? conley was pure class out there...he is the PG the jazz need. NOT BRICKY TICKY RUBIO.

Cy, I feel like you are happy with mediocrity. You always seem fine with playing our same ole has beens so we can maybe scratch out one win in the 2nd round.

You always lack the balls to play younger players because some obscure stat which favors the vet. Well, Rubio is better than Exum on the ball because he has about 8 years more experience. Considering they are comparable is more of a credit to Exum. Simple logic tells you that Exum would get better with more consistent reps. And logic also tells you Rubio is more **** than sugar.

Exum plays smart. He just needs to learn how to shoot. He could be really good, but he'll never be without a shot. He had 4 AST only 1 TO but he was 1-6.

are you blind?

are you watching jazz games via box score? conley was pure class out there...he is the PG the jazz need. NOT BRICKY TICKY RUBIO.
No, I'm clearly watching the games because Rubio led us to a 7 point half-time lead then got in early foul trouble (like in the first 30 seconds) and left then the Utah lead vanished because of Exum's complete lack of half-court offensive ability.

Rubio was 9/17 from the field and 3/7 from 3 with 11 assist. He was our best player tonight.

I'm going to be 100% honest. I was only able to watch the 3rd and 4th quarters. Rubio was absolutely dreadful the entire time I watched. He was doing iso and PNR and not creating anything. He was terrible.

Allen forced some shots but he is young and I give him a pass. Exum got pulled almost immediately after he got in.

For the amount of time Rubio had the ball, the results were terrible. Not to mention his D was awful.

I am surprised there is so much Rubio hate so far after we went through this exact thing last year and he proved everyone wrong.

But it’s also true we didn’t have Exum last year, and his potential is exciting. But he had a really bad stretch tonight, so I don’t think tonight is the night to make the Exum case.

I would love to see Quin swap some rotations though. Even if the minutes stayed the same. Exum in with Crowder Ingles and Mitchell keeps the floor spaced and gives us two playmakers to take the ball out of Exums hands in the halfcourt.

And Rubio with Niang and Allen also keeps the floor spaced, but Rubio doesn’t have to think about who should be taking the ball up the court.

ehh exum is pretty dookie too. He looked lost in the sauce, his inability to have ANY kind of dribble pull-up game totally handicaps him.

Rubio was awful in the 4th quarter. Epically awful. He played exactly how Mack used to play for us and we couldn't get rid of the guy fast enough. I'm happy he played well in the 1st half, but the game was lost in the last 15 minutes. Rubio played a vast majority of those minutes.

No, I'm clearly watching the games because Rubio led us to a 7 point half-time lead then got in early foul trouble (like in the first 30 seconds) and left then the Utah lead vanished because of Exum's complete lack of half-court offensive ability.

Rubio was 9/17 from the field and 3/7 from 3 with 11 assist. He was our best player tonight.

you have a fair point that rubio was good in the 1st half, but in the 2nd he vanished. You saw the 2 man game and ball movement from Gasol+conley? Conley's ability to get to the line is huge and he was magnificent. He totally owned rubio. Then again so did mack...mack owned both our PGs.

conley is the better play and it's not even close. Exum on the other hand can't finish at the rim mainly b/c the paint is so log jammed due to his inability to shoot anything outside of 3 feet. He has the same problem ben simmons has against smart D, except Ben has stellar vision that Exum completely lacks.

The FG % were somewhat close. But they did drain 3's at a 12% better clip.

13-26 vs. 14-36.

They shot 50% from three. There's your difference right there. Among other things. FT's... etc.

Rudy was ineffective.

rudy isn't going to be effective when your PG isn't able to pull the defenses out. Now add favors to the mix and the entire paint is log jammed, we are having the same problems as last year early. Rubio picked it up last year towards the second half of the season. I just think this Jazz team is going to struggle vs a team like Memphis, they just match up really well. Their style totally takes us out of anything we do.