What's new

Game Thread: Game #3: Utah Jazz at Houston Rockettes, Wednesday March 23rd (6:00 PM MST)

Dala needs to start today's game thread pronto. With rally churros and great asses galore.

I'm thinking Rudy comes out pissed off tonight.

in the first quarter when Houston was trapping and the Jazz offense got out of sync, Coach put in Trevor Booker and Booker bungled a couple of plays. I was yelling at the radio to put Lyles in. I thought Lyles shooting and driving ability would beat the trap. Fortunately, Coach Quin kept with Booker and got good results.

Locke talked about Quin's masterful job of managing his players earlier in the week and mentioned it again last night after the game. Quin has a nice mix of regular rotation, riding the hot hand, and sticking with match-ups.

Was he out of bounds? I couldn't tell if he actually stepped on the line or it just looked that way and he was on the balls of his feet with his heel raised over the line.
That's how I felt too. I never saw an angle that showed it good.

All calls are not equal. That one changed the outcome of what both teams were calling their biggest game of the year. Reverse it and there is an enormous emotional switch for both teams and fan bases.
Jazz still win in ot. Rockets too tired from the night before

I was at the game last night and sat near the tunnel the Jazz were coming in and out of. After the game, the Jazz were jogging back to the tunnel. I shouted each and every one of their names; "RODNEYYYYY, D-FAAAAAVEEEESSSS, CJJJJ, YO CJ, LOOK AT ME GORDON!!" and none of them paid me no mind. But my night was made when making up the rear was Dennis Lindsey, so I decided what the hell. "Lindsey! DENNIS LINDSEY!" Midway through an excited trot, dress shirt soaked in sweat and half untucked, he swung completely around with a huge smile on his face and pointed right at me. I pointed back at him and shouted "U DA MAN!!". In that moment Dennis and I were spiritually linked forever. I love me some Lindsey.

I was at the game last night and sat near the tunnel the Jazz were coming in and out of. After the game, the Jazz were jogging back to the tunnel. I shouted each and every one of their names; "RODNEYYYYY, D-FAAAAAVEEEESSSS, CJJJJ, YO CJ, LOOK AT ME GORDON!!" and none of them paid me no mind. But my night was made when making up the rear was Dennis Lindsey, so I decided what the hell. "Lindsey! DENNIS LINDSEY!" Midway through an excited trot, dress shirt soaked in sweat and half untucked, he swung completely around with a huge smile on his face and pointed right at me. I pointed back at him and shouted "U DA MAN!!". In that moment Dennis and I were spiritually linked forever. I love me some Lindsey.
Awesomeness

That Booker block doe

Would be awesome if against the thunder the jazz surprised everyone with Burks return to the rotation and then Burks, Gobert, lyles, and neto (all well rested) played great ave carried the jazz to victory so the big minute guys from last night could get a little rest.

A guy can dream

IDK from that view I cant definitively say if his heel is on the ground.
I can see why you would say this looking at one still frame, but when you look at it frame by frame you can clearly see that the heel is hovering over the line when he catches the ball, and then his weight quickly shifts back onto the heel which drops down and covers the line before he explodes forward. It happens so quickly that no one could be blamed for missing it in real time, but I think the video evidence is indisputable. That said, I've seen calls that I thought were indisputable go the opposite way in football, so there's always a remote chance this doesn't get overturned.

Jazz still win in ot. Rockets too tired from the night before
Good point. I forgot that the win wasn't at stake with that shot. If he gets called out of bounds the Rockets get at least an extra half second and they don't need to go for three on their final possession so they might end the game in regulation, but it's more likely that they miss and it goes to overtime. I agree that we would have had the advantage in overtime.

Very cool! You did the fan base right last night. We need to overcome the bad mojo of the stupid band wagon jumpers who are calling for people's heads. Thanks and repped!

I can see why you would say this looking at one still frame, but when you look at it frame by frame you can clearly see that the heel is hovering over the line when he catches the ball, and then his weight quickly shifts back onto the heel which drops down and covers the line before he explodes forward. It happens so quickly that no one could be blamed for missing it in real time, but I think the video evidence is indisputable. That said, I've seen calls that I thought were indisputable go the opposite way in football, so there's always a remote chance this doesn't get overturned.
I should have said there is a remote chance this call is not verified as incorrect. If it were to be actually overturned that would be unprecedented. The NBA would not pull **** like that on us..... would they?

Good point. I forgot that the win wasn't at stake with that shot. If he gets called out of bounds the Rockets get at least an extra half second and they don't need to go for three on their final possession so they might end the game in regulation, but it's more likely that they miss and it goes to overtime. I agree that we would have had the advantage in overtime.
Tbh, I was totally being a homer and downplaying the call. The jazz were on the road and were underdogs. Hood was cold. Rudy was ***. That missed call was huge. I would have thought the jazz would lose in OT.

I thought the jazz got allot of favorable calls throughout the game actually.

Didn't hayward get more free throws than harden? (I'm not sure on that but I think so)

d4885bf5082d78bd630cdab84f174972.jpg

Tbh, I was totally being a homer and downplaying the call. The jazz were on the road and were underdogs. Hood was cold. Rudy was ***. That missed call was huge. I would have thought the jazz would lose in OT.

I thought the jazz got allot of favorable calls throughout the game actually.

Didn't hayward get more free throws than harden? (I'm not sure on that but I think so)

Been out of the country for nearly two weeks with almost no internet and got home yesterday...watched the game...Rudy looked ****ing terrible. Has he been playing like this?

Mr. Lindsey gets around. Last weekend he was in Europe scouting, then home, now with the team in Houston.

Mr. Lindsey gets around. Last weekend he was in Europe scouting, then home, now with the team in Houston.
He lives a couple houses away from my dad. I see his family there all the time, but I have never once seen Dennis. I think the guy puts in some serious hours.

Been out of the country for nearly two weeks with almost no internet and got home yesterday...watched the game...Rudy looked ****ing terrible. Has he been playing like this?

He has been up and down. Good D but his inability to hold onto the ball and get to the hoop have been glaring to me.

He has actually been rebounding very well and his defense has been ok. His offense has been terrible though