What's new

Game Thread: Indiana/Utah

Why wasn't Dante in for the last few defensive possessions of the game?

Why wasn't Kanter in when the Jazz needed a bucket to bring the game back?

Those are my two biggest questions from this game.

The problem is Trey's 3 pointers are wide open and basically all catch and shoot shots. We need those buckets.

6T5D97.png

Please cite one fantasy trade I have EVER suggested that would never happen? Go ahead, look back through any thread dating back to last season or the previous one (or the one before that)? Waiting...waiting...

Utah does not have a third PG. But they DO have a roster spot. C'mon...A.J. freaking Price was just picked up off waivers and KILLED Trey and Utah. Jazz need to use their roster spot to bring in another PG. Cut Trey's minutes to 15/per at most. There is NO WAY in HELL he should be playing 36 mins. At some point (pun intended), Lindsey has to treat Trey like a "sunk cost." Burke was a huge swing and miss at #9. He's a bust: can't defend, can't shoot, doesn't get to the rim with any regularity. He just doesn't do anything very well. Oh, that's right...he's "clutch" inside 5 minutes.

FWIW, Price did just about as much of his damage on Exum as he did on Burke. But I don't see you calling him out. Like I said, unfortunately, we don't have a better option than Trey right now, and I doubt we're going to find one just sitting around on the streets.

Enes Kanter was 4/4 when defended by Hibbert... If he can fix his TO problems and increase his bb IQ, he could develop into a player, who is very hard to defend by anyone.

Gordon Hayward is shooting 71 % from midrange since the start of the season. Thats impressive...

FWIW, Price did just about as much of his damage on Exum as he did on Burke. But I don't see you calling him out.
This has baffled me. Trey has made defensive improvements this season, and is navigating screens far better than Dante.

He's getting the team into the offense, moving the ball appropriately, and taking open shots. They're just not going in. Yes, that may mean he won't ever be a particularly effective starter in the league, but the vitriol seems misplaced to me.

Marvin Williams > Booker

Bana da sorsalar

Anam genel forummuş. :D

I would choose Marvin too. More skilled talent wise. But right now, Booker plays like he has the world to prove. And this is everything when you are on court. So I think I would always love to have players that have the fire to win like Demarre Carroll, Trevor Booker or Al Jefferson.

I was at the game last night a few rows behind the Jazz bench. 2 things really caught my eye.

1. Hayward as a vocal leader - He was regularly coaching and helping his teammates. Even during timeouts while the coaches are on the court talking to themselves, he would be leading/coaching the player huddle.
2. Quins Coaching/buy in - Quin regularly coached all the players and the players really were accepting of it and responsive. Especially with Hayward it was like war planning. Hope it lasts, but this team really feels like a team...

Ugh, what an awful loss. That will probably be the last talent lineup we will play all season. Even Philly right now has more talent that what the Pacers had last night.

It is so tough pulling Hayward out of games in the second half. Every time we do it seems the other team goes on a significant run. I thought Quin let Hayward sit for too long into the 4th last night. The adjustments made in the 4th by Quin were the worst of the season I think. I'm normally all for Booker being in over Kanter but last night was obsoletely as exception. I'm really bummed we let this one slip away.

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with Trey? How can his shot be THAT bad? I wonder how his shooting in practice has been.

I don't like this story that Kanter does not end the games in the clutch time...it is already the third time he got benched in the last 4-5 minutes in a close game and we lose the game! Let him finish the games when he is inspired on offense!

Favors got schooled by Hibbert on defense...and it was the first game that he had to guard the best opponent big!

Last edited: