What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Heat 4 PM MTN

I really wish we could have got this one. Our next 4 games we've got the Spurs twice, Rockets and Thunder, I'm predicting we go 1-3. Games like this may come back to haunt us at the end of the year when we're fighting for seeding.

So if Rudy wants to be, and should be one of the leaders on the team, should he then say, ‘keep me out of this fellas , I was good today’?

If you go down, you go down as a team.

My point was that I'm not blaming Rudy on the game. How you construed that to suggesting Rudy should call out his teammates, I have no idea.

I think this is just Rudy letting off steam in a calculated way after inconsistency all year. He's not making excuses as much as expressing frustration imo.

Also does anybody have the context? What question was he asked?

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app
Inconsistency all year? Oh, wait maybe you were talking about the team.
At first I thought you were talking about Rudy. He has been the one thing that has been consistent. His best statistical year of his career so far.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Inconsistency all year? Oh, wait maybe you were talking about the team.
At first I thought you were talking about Rudy. He has been the one thing that has been consistent. His best statistical year of his career so far.

I think he meant officiating inconsistency all year.

Last edited:
We always take dumps against Miami. Even back in 2004 when we played like dump and AK47 got called for a terrible call on dwade after he blocked his shot. Just once I’d like to see us go into Miami and knock D wade and those hippies on their asses.

The last two games Favors has played just 19 and 18 minutes and tonight he was a -19. He's still a really good player, but he's a really bad fit on this team.

The last two games Favors has played just 19 and 18 minutes and tonight he was a -19. He's still a really good player, but he's a really bad fit on this team.

Who would we trade him for that would be better?

And who would serve as Rudy’s backup? Udoh? Bradley???

I get what you’re saying but I’m just unsure what we’d get in exchange

From my view this was the main problem tonight:

The Jazz tried too hard to work Korver in and the offense stalled out because there is a very limited amount of cohesiveness between the 4 other players on the court, Korver, and the playbook. This led to a prolonged offensive drought, which brought Mitchell back in the game. From there Mitchell felt like he had to take the offense on his shoulders and it led to bad shots and a lack of ball movement.

I really wish we could have got this one. Our next 4 games we've got the Spurs twice, Rockets and Thunder, I'm predicting we go 1-3. Games like this may come back to haunt us at the end of the year when we're fighting for seeding.
Spurs really aint **** tho. Neither are the Rockets.

And Locke pointed this out: Mitchell's moves typically are done to avoid contact and sneak around defenders horizontally instead of vertically vs Wade who really forces contact by jumping into people. Mitchell really needs to learn to draw fouls to take the leap into super-star territory. That dichotomy was shown on the last two layups by Mitchell and Wade.

nah i'd see us 2-2 the next 4 None of those teams are setting the world on fire

Best lineups in NBA (>140min) :
1. Raptors : Lowry-Green-Leonard-Siakam-Ibaka - 234min - NETRTG +16.1
2. Jazz : Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert - 192min - NETRTG +14.0
3. Grizzlies : Conley-Temple-Anderson-Jackson-Gasol - 222min - NETRTG +8.4
4. Timberwolves : Teague-Wiggins-Covington-Teague-Towns - 163min - NETRTG +7.6

And Locke pointed this out: Mitchell's moves typically are done to avoid contact and sneak around defenders horizontally instead of vertically vs Wade who really forces contact by jumping into people. Mitchell really needs to learn to draw fouls to take the leap into super-star territory. That dichotomy was shown on the last two layups by Mitchell and Wade.
He needs to draw contact better but I think the key difference between current Mitchell vs potential Wade-esque Mitchell is their ability to playmake for others. Heat ran a lot of PG-less lineups as well tonight and Wade ended up with 8 assists and had a nice two man game going with Whiteside, Mitchell needs to watch some Wade tape instead of Kobe's Detail videos that encourage him to chuck long 2s.

Havent read the thread but I hope someone is holding DM accountable for his defense on that last play...

How does a 64yr old D.Wade just find him self in the teeth of the paint like that?? ****ing garbage!