What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Kings - 8:00 PM MST

And with the caveat that +/- for a single game generally means nothing.... Royce was -25 in a 1-point game. Next worse for us was Bojan with -11.

I'm not sure people should blame Bogdanovic for Barnes' final lay-up. When the ball was passed to Bjelica, Bogdanovic didn't want to commit to rebounding, since that would mean leaving Barnes completely open. Thus, he hesitated for a blink of an eye, while Bjelica was shooting. At that point, he was not close enough to Barnes in order to simply put his body on him, though. Then, Bogdanovic, like everyone else, looked at the basket waiting for the result of Bjelica's shot. Barnes, though, antecipated that it could be a miss and run hard towards the basket. When Bogdanovic reacted to the missed shot, it was too late. At first sight, the play looks bad for Bogdanovic, but I think it would have been ill-advised to try to crash the board while leaving Barnes wide-open on the top of the key. Kudos for Barnes for making a great read and great play, though.

Last edited:
Not sure if our shooting has improved from last year. Our offense is awful to watch.

but I do know our toughness and rebounding is worse.

Last year’s team would’ve blown these guys out.
What? We have the same record so last year so far. We had a bad loss to crappy Memphis last year. After this that team went on a 4 game losing streak. That team has a losing record into January.

Also that loose ball foul after Mitchell's go ahead layup was big (and a peculiar call) - otherwise Jazz had a foul to give. Could have forced Sac to re-set.

Sacramento was out of timeouts. Its a big task for a young team to get the ball out of the net, and get it down against the clock. But never fear the NBA producers know how to rally the hometeam. So the foul call stopped the clock and allowed Sacramento a few moments to set.

Nevertheless shame on Bogey.

I'm not sure people should blame Bogdanovic for Barnes' final lay-up. When the ball was passed to Bjelica, Bogdanovic didn't want to commit to rebounding, since that would mean leaving Barnes completely open. Thus, he hesitated for a blink of an eye, while Bjelica was shooting. At that point, he was not close enough to Barnes in order to simply put his body on him, though. Then, Bogdanovic, like everyone else, looked at the basket waiting for the result of Bjelica's shot. Barnes, though, antecipated that it could be a miss and run hard towards the basket. When Bogdanovic reacted to the missed shot, it was too late. At first sight, the play looks bad for Bogdanovic, but I think it would have been ill-advised to try to crash the board while leaving Barnes wide-open on the top of the key. Kudos for Barnes for making a great read and great play, though.
This. It wasn't just Bogey watching rebounds and playing like they didn't want to be there. Blame goes to the entire team. Personally I wish Quin would do what Malone just did to Denver and call them out for being all talk. Give credit to Sac. for hustling but we beat ourselves.

Sacramento was out of timeouts. Its a big task for a young team to get the ball out of the net, and get it down against the clock. But never fear the NBA producers know how to rally the hometeam. So the foul call stopped the clock and allowed Sacramento a few moments to set.

Nevertheless shame on Bogey.

I smell a conspiracy theory.

Was at the game... such a nut punch to walk out of the opposing teams arena after a tight game. Was a great game... thought DM had won it for us... tough break.

I walked out of MSG after Starberry or whatever the hell is name is hit a fast break driving shot over a lazy Okur at the buzzer.
Was humiliating.