What's new

Game Thread? Jazz @ Warriors. 2nd Round. 1st Game. (8:30 MT 5/2/17)

Same with Hood, no? All of a sudden our young players are the only ones looking good. Kind of weird and unexpected.
Agreed all of our young players gave us a lot of hope going forward. Exum, Bolomboy, Hood and Lyle's showed a little something in this game.

All the arguing about the back up pg.... Hill licked balls tonight.

I'm proud of our guys tonight. They competed and that's all you can ask for. At some point you realize that the warriors have 3 superstars and outclass you at nearly every position. AI, West, and Livingston could still start for most of this league.

Felt like Ingles made some horrendous passes tonight.

Hood was awesome in the third, and a direct contributor to them putting the game out of reach at the start of the fourth.

No reason for Quin to just trot out the same ol all series. I say get weird with it. Lyles, Exum, and Bolomboy should get a chance.

Notes:

The warriors offense is just beautiful, they whip that ball around so quickly. Also, their defense is good.

Bolomboy!!!

Lyles made a couple shots!

Mack is good a driving, which Hill didn't do much of, but he gives up a lot defensively.

Hill is the worst imo of giving the ball to Gobert. Gobert is the one matchup we win and I don't feel like we used it enough. Especially when he either scores or gets fouled.

Hood was great when he stopped shooting jump shots and started attacking, but for some reason he decided to go back to shooting.

Curry burned Gobert, but is that a surprise? Really? Guards are supposed to be able to burn giants. That's why it's called a mismatch.

I think we missed diaw's passing in the starting lineup.

Without the to's the game would have been a lot closer, I take that as a positive.

I liked Gobert pushing Green, not sure it was a flagrant,but I liked it.

I'm excited for Thursday!

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

Reminder: Right now, Quin doesn't trust Exum as PG. Someone has to play that position on the court when Hill is on the bench.

Exum can defend PG, but Utah just needs someone else to be the primary ball handler, of which they have several capable players. This isn't really that big of an issue.

Can't be too upset. The Warriors are just that much better than this team. I'm actually pretty happy it was a game up until the 4th quarter at least. Sure, there were some things to be irritated about (like all the damn turnovers leading to points), but hey, this series is what it is.

Well everyone tends to play "horrible" against them. Their defense was top 3 in the league.

There just never seems to be any space for anyone when they're defending. Then it looks like they're all running around wide open on the other end, like one end of the court is bigger than the other or something. Quite incredible to watch.

Notes:

The warriors offense is just beautiful, they whip that ball around so quickly. Also, their defense is good.

Bolomboy!!!

Lyles made a couple shots!

Mack is good a driving, which Hill didn't do much of, but he gives up a lot defensively.

Hill is the worst imo of giving the ball to Gobert. Gobert is the one matchup we win and I don't feel like we used it enough. Especially when he either scores or gets fouled.

Hood was great when he stopped shooting jump shots and started attacking, but for some reason he decided to go back to shooting.

Curry burned Gobert, but is that a surprise? Really? Guards are supposed to be able to burn giants. That's why it's called a mismatch.

I think we missed diaw's passing in the starting lineup.

Without the to's the game would have been a lot closer, I take that as a positive.

I liked Gobert pushing Green, not sure it was a flagrant,but I liked it.

I'm excited for Thursday!

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

Great points. I loved Rudy shoving Green too. Sends a signal.

Based on this game I think we can win a game or maybe even 2. Hayward shot was off. We came out flat. We looked rattled and turned the ball over a lot and made little mistakes all over the place. Favors pretty much didnt play due to injury. Ingles looked worn out, injured or just off. All of that and we hung with them until that last run. Then our young guys came in and showed something. That was an upside. So was Hood getting into his old flow a little bit. Gobert started to show some dominance for a minute but needed more help and more to fight for. There were plenty of positives. Plus I dont think anyone got kicked in the Nuts by Green so that is always a win when you play GS in the playoffs.

If for some reason we are down 0-3 I think we should start Exum, Hood, Hayward, Lyles and Gobert and let them play for a decent amount of minutes together with no leash. They probably get blown out but there is nothing to lose at that point. Wont happen but it would be nice to see in the playoffs against the Ws starters.