What's new

Game Thread? Jazz @ Warriors. 2nd Round. 1st Game. (8:30 MT 5/2/17)

Well not to burst your bubble, but I'm as good as gone,
Stop getting our hopes up.

I don't care to have I told u so convo's.

It's all you ****ing do you ****ing retarded *******. Even if you're wrong you pretend you were right so you can have these convos. This is the dumbest thing you've ever written and that is a HUGE accomplishment. You are so pathetic. Please go infest the TWolves or Sixers with your ********.

Quin was out coached

We can't beat the warriors playing warrior ball

Our backups outplayed our overrated starting five except for Rudy

Unless we play Exum at backup pg we are done size effects the warriors and we put in Mack

Hayward is mentally weak he will be next year on Boston and out team will be fine

Sent from my SM-N920P using JazzFanz mobile app

KD is the biggest sell out in NBA history. Its like Karl Malone going to the Sonics after losing to them in game 7 of the 1996 WCF.

More like going to The Bulls after the 97 season.

As mentioned earlier, this is the way The NBA is trending - like it or not, it attracts new fans. We'll probably have at least one "super team" in the EC and/or WC for years to come.

It seems to me that the Warriors are the exact wrong team to play uptempo against and the exact right team to force them to play 24 seconds of half court defense. The best way to mitigate an unstoppable offense of the opponent is minimizing how many possessions they get, right? Also running after a grueling 7-game series with a hobbled center and a rested opponent seems like an odd strategy.

But what do I know.

The Jazz played hard and I thought played well besides the turnovers. The Warriors are just impossibly good.

More like going to The Bulls after the 97 season.

As mentioned earlier, this is the way The NBA is trending - like it or not, it attracts new fans. We'll probably have at least one "super team" in the EC and/or WC for years to come.
It's always been that, the mechanics of it are just different now. Anybody remember the Celtics and Lakers?

Quin was out coached

We can't beat the warriors playing warrior ball

Our backups outplayed our overrated starting five except for Rudy

Unless we play Exum at backup pg we are done size effects the warriors and we put in Mack

Hayward is mentally weak he will be next year on Boston and out team will be fine

Please go away.

You dont think Quin was out coached?

You think we can beat the Warriors by bricking threes?

Hood and Mack didnt by actually attacking the rim out play the starters?

Exum is not a better matchup for the Warriors than Mack?

Did Hayward look like a top player that game?

Isnt the road to the finals easier in Boston with a scorer like Thomas?

You dont think Quin was out coached?

You think we can beat the Warriors by bricking threes?

Hood and Mack didnt by actually attacking the rim out play the starters?

Exum is not a better matchup for the Warriors than Mack?

Did Hayward look like a top player that game?

Isnt the road to the finals easier in Boston with a scorer like Thomas?

Oh my.. where to start.

For one, Hayward is a top player and one bad shooting night doesn't mean ****. He just came off a 7-game series where he was putting up superstar type numbers and playing like one as well. He was an all-star in the loaded west.

Secondly, IT isn't going to get close to the Finals. ECF maybe, but nobody is going to beat LeBron. He's lucky as **** that Rondo got injured or else they might have been swept. Replace IT with Hayward on this team and we don't win 50 games.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry, Jazz fans, but you are about to be slaughtered.

You think what Sitting Bull did to Custer was brutal? Wait till you see tonight.

Oracle Arena, May 2, 2017:
custers-last-fight-detail-unknown.jpg

I was right.

Next will be worse.

Oh my.. where to start.

For one, Hayward is a top player and one bad shooting night doesn't mean ****. He just came off a 7-game series where he was putting up superstar type numbers and playing like one as well. He was an all-star in the loaded west.

Secondly, IT isn't going to get close to the Finals. ECF maybe, but nobody is going to beat LeBron. He's lucky as **** that Rondo got injured or else they might have been swept. Replace IT with Hayward on this team and we don't win 50 games.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
How can you say the Thomas wouldn't make us a better team. He is a better scorer on a team that lacks scoring. You dont know who would replace Hayward.

Hayward played well agaisnt Mbah a Moute who Locke talked up as some premier defender. Well, good for him that just gets us to the second round now he needs to step up his game to a higher level. When the lights get brighter the true stars shine.

Laimbeer is underrated. He was definitely a great player.

"Laimbeer was one of the top outside-shooting centers of his era, draining over 200 three pointers for his career, and excelled at running the pick and pop with guards Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars. Then-head coach Chuck Daly utilized Laimbeer's inside-outside skills to great effect. On the defensive end, Laimbeer was one of the best rebounders in the game. On the offensive end, Daly would often have Laimbeer fade to the perimeter rather than roll to the basket, which had the additional effect of keeping the opposing team's best rebounder far from the backboard. Laimbeer was selected to the NBA All-Star Game on four occasions (1983, 1984, 1985 and 1987) and finished among the league leaders in rebounding and free throw percentage several times, winning the rebound title in the 1985-86 season. Laimbeer started on the Pistons' 1989 and 1990 NBA championship teams.

Bill Laimbeer and his Detroit teammates are the only players to have a playoff winning record against NBA legends Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan.

Altogether, Laimbeer spent 14 seasons in the NBA, 12 of them with Detroit. Laimbeer became the 19th player in league history to amass more than 10,000 points and 10,000 rebounds. Laimbeer was most effective off the defensive glass: from 1982 to 1990 no player in the league totaled more defensive rebounds. He was also remarkably durable, never playing fewer than 79 games in his 14 seasons, and playing all 82 games on seven occasions. His streak of 685 consecutive games played (which ended due to suspension in the 1988-89 season) is the fifth longest in league history. Laimbeer retired early in the 1993-94 season at age 36, and his jersey number (40) was retired by the Pistons in February, 1995. He remains the franchise's all-time leader in career rebounds."

can you actually give your own original thoughts other than cutting and pasting / googling ?? Laimbeer had great value but had zero post up game. He was nowhere near a no.1 franchise type player. Thomas was the only true sublime talent on that team and it was Chuck Daly who molded all those parts around him into the the bad boys. NOT a "super team"

can you actually give your own original thoughts other than cutting and pasting / googling ?? Laimbeer had great value but had zero post up game. He was nowhere near a no.1 franchise type player. Thomas was the only true sublime talent on that team and it was Chuck Daly who molded all those parts around him into the the bad boys. NOT a "super team"

Joe Dumars was pretty Ok, Mark Aguirre wasn't a slouch either (should probably be in the hall) and that young whipper snapper Dennis Rodman had some chops as well.

A little late to add my thoughts from the game, but that's ok:
- I still think we can win a game, but my hope for winning the series went from almost zero to zero.
- I won't be as upset after this series if Green wins DPOY over Gobert. He has an incredible way of being involved in every play defensively, without being out of position on his assignment.
- I believe in Quin and Hayward adjusting throughout the series and making the series more competitive.
- I wish that we had a more experienced Bolomboy on the team who could come in and change the game with his energy.

Joe Dumars was one of the best guards in the NBA during that era. He was a 6-time NBA All-Star, Was on the All-NBA team 3 times, NBA-All-Defensive Team 5 times, Finals MVP. If you think Isiah Thomas was the only true star on the team, that tells me you never actually watched the Bad Boys. Dumars was one of the few players ever, to consistently give Michael Jordan fits defensively.

Last edited: