What's new

Game Thread - Warriors @ Jazz 7 PM MTN

Yeah, i stand by what I said. There's NO reason for Mitchell to be taking those horrible 3's that are clearly outside his range and with plenty of time left on the shot clock, other than him wanting to keep his scoring average up. He's hurting the team. If he'd be content to only take good shots, maybe his scoring avg would drop to 18/per, but it would benefit the team.

I see what you are saying about Donovan's erratic play and I agree for the most part.

For the "stat chaser" part of things, I agree with @NAOS. That statement is too harsh and unfair to the situation. Donovan is a good guy and a good teammate. He is settling for long shots when he needs to do a little bit more of what @Saint Cy of JFC and move the ball within the offense. Donovan is trying to make plays to help the team win. I don't think for a second that he's trying to fill the stat sheet. He will grow and evolve within his game to make better plays.

Lesson to be learned for Donovan. Next off season he has to skip the world wide media tour and just do what got him here to begin with.

When he said he was going to "lock in" or something with 2 weeks left before the season that got me concerned - like someone cramming for a test .

Still plenty of time to right the ship though. And the effort is there. Maybe even pressing too much .

Yeah, he wasn't injured and rehabbing in a walking boot most of the summer or anything.

There are some special defensive possessions in these highlights.

I love the call on the fadeaway heavily contested corner three from korver. Boler calls it a high arcing rainbow and harpring says that went over the moon!
Loved the three by Kyle that left klankson shaking his head too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm going to have to agree with someone. Donovan and Rubio really needed to sit the fourth. Watching donovan last night was almost like watching Burks every night. Bone headed play after boneheaded play. Donovan REALLY needs to pass more

I'm going to have to agree with someone. Donovan and Rubio really needed to sit the fourth. Watching donovan last night was almost like watching Burks every night. Bone headed play after boneheaded play. Donovan REALLY needs to pass more

Nah bruh... DM was fantastic as a closer last year... he will get it back.

It depends on the day with Ricky... he’s good sometimes and sometimes he’s just awful.

Burks on the jazz was never in the top 3 on the team in shots per minute.

It's a misconception that Burks was a ball hog or chucker.
Yes he made boneheaded turnovers at times but if you check the stats you will find that his turnovers average were never high either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I do like that Snyder is subbing out Ingles for Korver early to give him some run with the starters and letting Joe play with Exum and the bench unit to alieviate thier playmaking woes.

Agree with this.
But I do watch closely Ingles in these lineups and although he is more aggressive which is a good thing - he misses so many passes to Dante. I guess in large part that is Dante's fault for bricking wide open shots.

Nah bruh... DM was fantastic as a closer last year... he will get it back.

It depends on the day with Ricky... he’s good sometimes and sometimes he’s just awful.

Totally agree. I'm not against Donovan at all. It's his second year and he's still learning. I have said this before but during a Mavericks (?) game I actually started counting the amount of plays where he wouldn't pass and the last 9 out of 10 plays of that game it was Donovan dribbling the ball down the court and shooting it. There was LITERALLY not 1 pass to anyone else. I totally believe he'll try to get more assists in his career, I just think the team/coaches want him to shoot

Agree with this.
But I do watch closely Ingles in these lineups and although he is more aggressive which is a good thing - he misses so many passes to Dante. I guess in large part that is Dante's fault for bricking wide open shots.
That's a trend I've noticed for years whether it be Ingles/Mitchell/Rubio/Hill/whoever, it's clearly a systematic trust issue because Exum can't shoot and isn't a reliable driver of the ball that ball handlers don't kick it to him unless they got no other option.