What's new

Game Thread - Warriors @ Jazz 7 PM MTN

..or he sucks. Possibly a few if us are tired of watching him miss layups every game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
There's a big difference between a missed layup and a blocked shot though, that's my main issue. I'm sick of Exum missing layups too but getting blocked is different.

I'm also sick of Mitchell missing shots at the rim too. For all the hate Exum gets (rightfully) here for it, Mitchell is only shooting 1.2% better at the rim than Exum (47.8% vs 46.6% respectively, league average is 57.8%). Mitchell makes up for it because he's got a good floater game that's about 14% better than league average, but he still is missing too many shots at the rim.

Well he's averaging 42% from the floor. So I guess nearly every single game.

He hasn't shot 40 percent for the last 3 games so far, so your statement right there just fell flat on it's a$$.

There's a big difference between a missed layup and a blocked shot though, that's my main issue. I'm sick of Exum missing layups too but getting blocked is different.

I'm also sick of Mitchell missing shots at the rim too. For all the hate Exum gets (rightfully) here for it, Mitchell is only shooting 1.2% better at the rim than Exum (47.8% vs 46.6% respectively, league average is 57.8%). Mitchell makes up for it because he's got a good floater game that's about 14% better than league average, but he still is missing too many shots at the rim.
Mitchell is putting up 20 plus a night and the only reason the Jazz have an offense. Mitchell is forcing the game cause he hasn't had help out there. Exum isn't good at anything outside of throwing ally oops to the bigs.

He hasn't shot 40 percent for the last 3 games so far, so your statement right there just fell flat on it's a$$.
My statement shows his season stats. So yeah it shows a bit more then 3 road games of the season to back up my statement. Try harder.

My statement shows his season stats. So yeah it shows a bit more then 3 road games of the season to back up my statement. Try harder.

3 of 12, and when he tries to pass the ball he's turned it over 3 times. Horrible. Absolutely disgusting.

But Mitchell have proved he can be effective at the rim, Exum don't.

Mitchell is putting up 20 plus a night and the only reason the Jazz have an offense. Mitchell is forcing the game cause he hasn't had help out there. Exum isn't good at anything outside of throwing ally oops to the bigs.

That's fine and all but we can't give Mitchell a pass for forcing the game and getting blocked while also then **** on Exum for trying the same thing and getting blocked lol. That's a double standard, both players need to be better at the rim. FWIW Exum also draws more fouls per 36 than Mitchell so maybe Mitchell could do better at drawing contact and getting more opportunities to catch a break and get some free points at the line.

I get that it's cool to hate on Exum and there's a large group of people on Jazzfanz that want to see him go but at least be fair with your criticisms.
But Mitchell have proved he can be effective at the rim, Exum don't.
Sure, that's why he has the neon green light for the Jazz. Doesn't excuse the fact that he has been poor though, it only excuses the fact that he is allowed to play through it because there's a body of evidence to suggest that it will improve with time. I'm also not sure I buy that Exum hasn't proven that he can't finish, he shot 55.3% at the rim last season in very limited time. I have bigger issues with Exum's handle/ability to create/shooting.

That's all getting away from the point anyway that Exum missing layups =/= Exum getting blocked.

edit: last thing I'll add is that Mitchell actually shot a very similar % at the rim to Exum last season (55.5%) but obviously on more volume in both occasions.

How does Mitchell escape any criticism?

He’s been awful this season...

Him needing to shoot heaps for the jazz to win argument is getting extremely old.

mitchell really struggling, but he' still out best offensive player.

I don't agree that right now he's our best offensive player. Joe is I believe. Right now Mitchell is not more than a high volume shooter.

the thing that worries me about mitchell isn't his shooting right now, it's his inabilty to draw fouls,

1. look @ KD right now, he's 2-11 BUT HE HAS 9 FTA in the first half alone.

The crap you're spewing is just that: crap. You are blinded like hell with prejiduce.