What's new

Game Thread - Warriors @ Jazz 7 PM MTN

My statement shows his season stats. So yeah it shows a bit more then 3 road games of the season to back up my statement. Try harder.
Our record in games where DM shoots 47% or more: 9-1
Our record in games where DM shoots between 42% and 47%: 0-0
Our record in games where DM shoots 42% or less: 4-13

10 Games where he has shot 47% or better. 17 games where he has shot 42% or less, 16 of those were 40% or less, 7 33% or less.

Our record in games where DM has 1 assist or less: 1-6
Our record in games where DM has 4 assists or more: 8-3

DM needs to shoot more selectively and pass more.

I don't agree that right now he's our best offensive player. Joe is I believe. Right now Mitchell is not more than a high volume shooter.

joe is our best offensive weapon?

joe can't create **** for his own shot. Cmon guys you obviously have no clue wtf is basketball. Ask ingles to carry the load like mitchell and you'll see ingles is a role player for a reason.

Really sick of Mitchell's hero ball. It's not working and it's costing us games.
It's the play Snyder called. Iso Mitchell is a common play that works quite well to end quarters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mitchell really struggling, but he' still out best offensive player.

Not sure I can agree with that. He has tunnel vision and takes him teammates out of the game offensively. Just like with houdini, the act gets old quickly.

How can Mitchell's shooting not concern you? Even last year he wasn't that great to be quite honest. He wowed us with oubursts in clutch moments absolutely. But he still only shot 43/34.

the thing that worries me about mitchell isn't his shooting right now, it's his inabilty to draw fouls,

1. look @ KD right now, he's 2-11 BUT HE HAS 9 FTA in the first half alone.
the thing that worries me about mitchell isn't his shooting right now, it's his inabilty to draw fouls,

How does Mitchell escape any criticism?

He’s been awful this season...

Him needing to shoot heaps for the jazz to win argument is getting extremely old.

He needs to learn how to play team ball, period. Kobe whispering in his ear too much I guess.

Get out of here yamers, Joe is 2nd or 1st best playmaker on the team, maybe first actually, and is more efficient than Donovan. Like i said, a high volume shooter, averaging 18 shots for 20 points. You're blindsided by your bias.

#1 thing that worries me with Mitchell is that if his shot isn't falling he isn't really able to create consistently for others either which means the Jazz are kinda forced to have to play one of either Rubio or Exum+Ingles, which is disappointing because if he was able to playmake like DWade could for stretches (not the whole game, stretches) then you could play the no-PG lineups that would unlock the Jazz' offense the most more often even if Mitchell was struggling with his shot. Mitchell/Korver/Ingles/Crowder/Favors would be really nice offensively for example but Mitchell can't run the point and often just runs a PnR and settles in those lineups instead, and if he isn't shooting well then it's a net negative lineup for the most part.

#2 concern is his ability to get to the FT line. Another thing Wade was very good at in his prime and even as soon as he got into the league (after his rooke season Wade didn't average less than 9 FTs a game per 36 until LeBron came, Mitchell is at 4.6 FTs per 36 this season), but Mitchell tries to contort and finesse more and he often gets blocked or takes tough layups trying to do that.

I have a 3rd concern Sandman822, although some have dismissed it as not that important. But his height. He is getting blocked so often right now on his drives.

Umm. If and when Mitchell gets ticky tac fouls called then you have a point. I have seen numerous times he gets bumped or loses the ball with no call that I guarantee Curry and KD get.

Our record in games where DM shoots 47% or more: 9-1
Our record in games where DM shoots between 42% and 47%: 0-0
Our record in games where DM shoots 42% or less: 4-13

10 Games where he has shot 47% or better. 17 games where he has shot 42% or less, 16 of those were 40% or less, 7 33% or less.

Our record in games where DM has 1 assist or less: 1-6
Our record in games where DM has 4 assists or more: 8-3

DM needs to shoot more selectively and pass more.
Pass to who? Favors, haha right. Joe, sure but I doubt he's going to score more then he already is. Rudy, hes only good 5 feet from the basket. Ricky, yeah he's about as reliable as Exum. Mitchell should probably shoot even more shots with this starting lineup.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a 3rd concern Sandman822, although some have dismissed it as not that important. But his height. He is getting blocked so often right now on his drives.
Russell Westbrook is the same height and iirc Mitchell has a longer wingspan, and they're both athletic as hell so that's not concerning to me. Westbrook really forces the issue on the defense and gets to the line a lot because of it when he drives to the rim but Mitchell doesn't do that.

I'd put his defense above his height in terms of concerns but I'm not really worried about him on that end as at least he tries hard and doesn't get lost all that often compared to Exum who's calling card is meant to be defense but he gets just as lost off the ball as Mitchell does in less minutes.