What's new

Gamestop and The Stock Market

They do all those things. It's how they survive. That and scamming customers on trade in deals and getting them to buy stuff they dont need.

For a while it was a trend for youtubers to go on and tell their Gamestop stories. A lot of former managers go on and talk about how ****ed the company is and how bad the corporation is.
Wasnt it on reddit not long ago where we'd see horror stories about employees being mistreated while working for gamestop. Personally I never wanted to go in that store unless absolutely needed. They really try to upsell you crap.

Wasnt it on reddit not long ago where we'd see horror stories about employees being mistreated while working for gamestop. Personally I never wanted to go in that store unless absolutely needed. They really try to upsell you crap.
Yeah, they force them to upsell or they get fired. It's one of the biggest things the managers complained about corporate doing. The only thing that really keeps retail stores afloat is customer experience and loyalty. Basically good store managers could keep a store profitable off doing things to make it more of a hangout spot/place someone would want to go to, but corporate forces them to do so much upselling that it basically makes that environment impossible to build.

Paper hands
Hey I bough back in on the dip with both AMC and GME. I still think that even when you clearly have these assholes beat they will break the rules and they have the politicians on payroll so good luck prosecuting. They hold the bag and won't let go... this staring contest is fantastic and may help burn down the economy.

After this week I think betting on sports is more legitimate than betting on stocks.

Gonna be some weird **** this week... if Robin Hood goes under what happens? The market was already over inflated... there is some tinder here and now some fuel... hopefully no matches are around.

Gamestop also loves to bundle overpriced bundles with new systems because they know it's a way to get rid of overpriced cases that they sell for $50 which you can get on eBay/Amazon for $5 and bargain-bin games. All to drive up that dime.

They also love to sell opened games as New so check your shrink wrap. As a company, they're a rabbit in the land of wolves.

Wes, I've been in financial services for over 20 years. Billionaire hedge funds get together all the time and collude to short sell companies out of existence. In the battle of lesser evils it's not even close.

Yeah, they are mostly struggling companies; but they're often companies with thousands of working class to middle class jobs behind them and Wall Street gets rich by accelerating their entry into the poor house.

The SEC has vast proof of this, but it's hiding under the proof file of election fraud costing Trump.

Also, short selling doesn't accelerate business losses.

It likely all loses steam real quick but it’s funny for now.
WSB has been great entertainment. What I can't figure out is why these boneheads can't take a win. What's their point at this point? They won the battle. Obliterated it, yet they need to still die on the sword? Their vendetta against who knows what is so strange, especially since at this point some of them are going to win, but only from others of their own who will lose. Theyre no longer taking from the big guy, theyre feeding on each other whether they realize it or not.

How the hell is that legal? I might have to drop Robin hood
It's not real. The reddit wierdos are making up all sorts of garbage like this and people have swallowed the worms. Hey, did you hear Citadel got Robin Hood to suspend buying but allow selling so the hedgies can close out their shorts? It had nothing to do with market mechanisms getting all ****ered by this volatility, and regulations put in place in 2008 to prevent financial chaos. Nope! Conspiracy! Git tha man, man! Diamond ****ing hands hold till we are all broke thatll show them!

Some people need to listen to themselves speak.

Doesn't anybody wonder why Robinhood was the platform that had to essentially circuit break itself instead of, ya know, some of the other houses not loaded up with reddit wierdo customers? This is a very difficult puzzke to sort. Look at me cross eyed a bit longer and tell me when the lightbulb starts glowing.

WSB has been great entertainment. What I can't figure out is why these boneheads can't take a win. What's their point at this point? They won the battle. Obliterated it, yet they need to still die on the sword? Their vendetta against who knows what is so strange, especially since at this point some of them are going to win, but only from others of their own who will lose. Theyre no longer taking from the big guy, theyre feeding on each other whether they realize it or not.
End game is da moon! Exit strategy? No exit strategy... they just like the stock!

Doesn't anybody wonder why Robinhood was the platform that had to essentially circuit break itself instead of, ya know, some of the other houses not loaded up with reddit wierdo customers? This is a very difficult puzzke to sort. Look at me cross eyed a bit longer and tell me when the lightbulb starts glowing.
There is a lot to this... every time I listen to experts there are more layers. It’s totally fair to assume that the brokerage is up to some shady ****. They sell information to the market maker, who is a big customer, that funded the bail out of a hedge fund who got crushed in this deal. Allowing people to close out their position but not buy shares while allowing funds to buy and sell freely is some shady ****... no tin foil hats here... these guys are powerful and rig the god damn game... they’ve done it before... they’ll do it again.

The SEC has vast proof of this, but it's hiding under the proof file of election fraud costing Trump.

Not sure if serious, lol

Also, short selling doesn't accelerate business losses.

First of all, I clearly never said that.

Second of all, I get it, Gamestop has an antiquated business model. They bet on it to break because it's breakable. But "smart money" short selling 140% against available shares??

That's like throwing a drowning man an anchor and then saying it's his fault because he never should have been in the water in the first place.

Not sure if serious, lol

Second of all, I get it, Gamestop has an antiquated business model. They bet on it to break because it's breakable. But "smart money" short selling 140% against available shares??

That's like throwing a drowning man an anchor and then saying it's his fault because he never should have been in the water in the first place.
I’m pretty deep into the story here... the history and the current narrative don’t match. This started years ago as a value play because while the model wasn’t perfect it was far from being blockbuster. It turned when citron started talking their **** but the foundation of value investing was what surprised me... DFV and these guys are not these autists they claim to be... they are smart dudes that are funny as hell... lots of people piled on obvi but the start was actually really well reasoned. It’s the funds that ****ed up and didn’t do their homework... got lazy.

Not sure if serious, lol

Not sure I should get into this topic because it's all "news" to me.

I thought hedge funds were legit protection deals to stabilize portfolio values against risk of large price swings.

picking on small cap companies and colluding to push the price up or down with sheer financial pressure isn't. It's like trying to buy all the silver available and holding it until demand for it moves the price up. Precious metal markets are beyond market forces because it's all in the bank somewhere. Dig it up, bury it somewhere else. Make the little people pay premium for "monetary" metal to bury in their yard.

Do some damn government tax incentive to induce folks to buy a lot of stock they'll never see, use, or know anything about. Make them pay higher taxes later when they need it to pay hospital bills.

historically, tulips were one of the weirdest markets ever. You can't eat them, can't wipe your butt with them. But some crazy color addiction drove the price of some tulip bulbs above the per oz price of gold.

GameStop, they say on the news, is in a position to float a platform that can displace Facebook and twitter. The hedge funds deserve no sympathy for being stupid.

Last edited:
Second of all, I get it, Gamestop has an an But "smart money" short selling 140% against available shares??

Makes sense why WSB started the battle against that. All the outrage against Robinhood after the stock is up 20x tho? It's a morphed narrative, self feeding with everyone caught up in the moment. Diamond ****ing hands, we like the stock, to the moon... they don't even know what theyre fighting against at this point, just fighting and trying their damnedest to die on swords. Their own swords. I saw one dude screenshotting a million dollar loss, buying in at outrageous prices. That'll teach em big boys a lesson lol

There is a lot to this... every time I listen to experts there are more layers. It’s totally fair to assume that the brokerage is up to some shady ****. They sell information to the market maker, who is a big customer, that funded the bail out of a hedge fund who got crushed in this deal. Allowing people to close out their position but not buy shares while allowing funds to buy and sell freely is some shady ****... no tin foil hats here... these guys are powerful and rig the god damn game... they’ve done it before... they’ll do it again.
Let's see what congress finds out about that.

What for all the people buying into the WSB diamond ****ing hands, fight the man narrative while DFV and others there quietly make out like bandits. Make no mistake, what these people are doing isn't ethical. It's shady AF too, and they know it. Theyre talking up their own book, using the momentum and press to their advantage. Others are getting suckered in buying a maybe $20 stock for $300. They'll lose, and many are thes main street, retail investors that hypothetically this nonsense is supposed to be about.

Makes sense why WSB started the battle against that. All the outrage against Robinhood after the stock is up 20x tho? It's a morphed narrative, self feeding with everyone caught up in the moment. Diamond ****ing hands, we like the stock, to the moon... they don't even know what theyre fighting against at this point, just fighting and trying their damnedest to die on swords. Their own swords. I saw one dude screenshotting a million dollar loss, buying in at outrageous prices. That'll teach em big boys a lesson lol
I think the narrative has definitely changed... and other funds are in on this **** likely helping destroy competitors. No honor amongst thieves.

I think Robinhood added to the narrative though. Smart people always knew the deal... they weren’t this altruistic group helping people for free... but I don’t think people thought they’d sell out their users that quickly and that openly. I would understand a liquidity problem with the amount of activity they had... but the execution of handling the problem was basically perfect fodder for the “they screwing us narrative”. So they were either incompetent or shady as ****... I tend to believe they are shady. It may have been self preservation but that will be short lived. They pulled on their lines of credit... they got 1 B from an “investor”... at some point the investment groups won’t send good money after bad to save them. Now retail users are leaving the platform in droves... they are in trouble and about to blow up. May go BK... and ultimately it could be the thing people point to as what burst the current bubble.

The end game for the people that jumped into the fight is unclear... if you buy a stock at 30 or 130 and it goes to 450... like you might want to cash in rather than taking it to the moon. But I do think some are willing to hold if they believe it will hose over some of these greedy bastards. It’s got a bunch of momentum but at some point some people will get hurt when the stock moves to a more reasonable value.

Let's see what congress finds out about that.

What for all the people buying into the WSB diamond ****ing hands, fight the man narrative while DFV and others there quietly make out like bandits. Make no mistake, what these people are doing isn't ethical. It's shady AF too, and they know it. Theyre talking up their own book, using the momentum and press to their advantage. Others are getting suckered in buying a maybe $20 stock for $300. They'll lose, and many are thes main street, retail investors that hypothetically this nonsense is supposed to be about.
So the guy that claims to have founded WSB is the guy you see most trying to monetize... he’s apparently a greedy ******* and they kicked him out a while ago. The other guys like DFV will make lifetime changing money but they honestly deserve it and they took a lot of middle class or poor folks with them. Some of the fan flaming may end up looking bad in hindsight. But they didn’t just yolo this stock out of s hat... they have been on this for a while... like years. I heard one of them talk about it in great detail... these guys were so into the company and the financials that they knew much more than the hedge funds that were basically like “it’s the next blockbuster let’s drive it into the ground and sell it for parts”.

I find it really fascinating.

So the guy that claims to have founded WSB is the guy you see most trying to monetize... he’s apparently a greedy ******* and they kicked him out a while ago. The other guys like DFV will make lifetime changing money but they honestly deserve it and they took a lot of middle class or poor folks with them. Some of the fan flaming may end up looking bad in hindsight. But they didn’t just yolo this stock out of s hat... they have been on this for a while... like years. I heard one of them talk about it in great detail... these guys were so into the company and the financials that they knew much more than the hedge funds that were basically like “it’s the next blockbuster let’s drive it into the ground and sell it for parts”.

I find it really fascinating.
It is a really cool story that a supposedly everyday nobody made a $50k bet that could have expired wortless.