Gamethread: Game 1 of the 1st Round. Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets. 7:30 MST

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Alfalfa, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    You think Utah could beat the Bucks in a 7 game series?? Lemme ask you point blank --- how many Bucks games have you seen this year to draw that conclusion from? c'mon, out with it. expose yourself.

this is perfectly what im talking about Lindsey gets a pass here because too many people exist in a utah jazz only NBA bubble, in a wider scope you can see the mediocrity. The nature of the threat is whats not understood here. IT seems after all these losing years that fans still can't really grasp the true difficulty of whats presented in they playoffs..

2. Sandman822

Sandman822 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    You say this as if DL has gone all in on his roster this year when the reality is that the Jazz have some fantastic cap flexibility, have two young stars in Mitchell and Gobert, and he didn't pull the trigger on a Conley deal because they felt for one reason or another that Conley wasn't enough to put this team over the top.

Seems like the only one who's getting bent out of shape over the team losing to their worst matchup in the NBA in Game 1 of a 1st round series is you. The players who are still on the roster come next season get valuable playoff experience, and DL gets a series against one of the elite teams in the NBA to work out who should stay and what they need to pursue in the offseason. We'd all like the Jazz to win the championship every season but you'd be hard pressed to find enough fans here who legitimately thought the Jazz were competing for a title this year heading into these playoffs to count on one hand.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  3. Sandman822

Sandman822 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Ok you're clearly brain dead because his entire point was that if the Jazz somehow played well enough to beat the Rockets and Warriors then that form could/should be good enough to beat the Bucks. He never said or implied that he thought that they were that good at this very moment lol.

Stoked and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  4. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    the funniest part of it all is that people were fooled into thinking the jazz were good because they finally got media attention and were a chic pick LOL...

The media attention like that should be seen as a deathknell, if there's anyone who doesn;t know what their talking about its the collective sports media in this country...

5. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    Yes, I think a Jazz team that beat the Warriors and Rockets in 7 games series would stand “a chance” against the Bucks. Hypotheticals remember.

You’re making hypothetical strawmans here. And ignoring that I said the Jazz don’t even get that far.

6. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    Do you habitually change your name to run away from the guilt you possess due to all your horrendous prior takes and reputation?

fishonjazz likes this.
  7. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    dont worry i wont be back in the game threads, u can have your blissful ignorance back. ill wait for the series to end to continue further.

8. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Lord Bullshittaton ... I think you ought to change your name to this.

9. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    To the league. Or do consecutive seasons of 20, 30, 40, 50 winsand 2-2 in the playoffs not matter?
    Jesus H...

I can’t lol, lord take the wheel.

Night y’all, even you @Shad you **** taker

10. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    You really don't have to do that.

Come back I mean.

Hekate, Rubashov and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  11. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    so who hypothetically guards Giannis for 7 games? Joe Ingles is gonna lock him down? Thats hypothetically feasible to you and constitutes a win in this argument for you if i concede that there's some .000000000000000000000000000001% chance ingles locks Giannis down for 7 games?

how many times od i have to obliterate ****** semantics with actual basketball on court actionable observances before y'all stop testing me with this nonsense?? oh wait this style of semantics is all you've got vs me because i kick valid points. I get it now. get on your other accounts and try again i suppose.

12. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    Harrison....

Barnes.

13. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    nah this whole thing sucks u can't convince me there's not a bunch of fat cats making millions doing their jobs poorly to blame for this.. This reeks of poor management.

i dont care to say i told u so thats not the point when I showed up here I thought Utah could be contenders,and their ****ing pretenders and they are ****ing doing it the wrong way, its tough to watch. The fans deserve better. Rudy deserves better.

14. prodigy

prodigy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Holy crap we lost by 32. When I stopped watching we were down by 20.

15. Bulletproof

Bulletproof All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Feb 17, 2017
    Holy ****. Are you anywhere close enough that I could just punch you in the face? Because I'd really like that.

16. Jingled

Jingled Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

May 23, 2018
    Sounds like the Jazz aren't going to change their defense game plan going forward even though it didn't work tonight.

17. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Well, at least you're original.

Bulletproof likes this.
  18. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Best news I've read all night!!!!

19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I guess my comedic wits just can't compete with "what kind of stupid *** name is Sean!?"...

JazzyFresh likes this.
  20. Bulletproof

Bulletproof All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Feb 17, 2017
    Yeah, you do have to admit, Sean is the stupidest name that there's ever been.

I mean I sean that. I sean that **** too many times.

Spell your name right! Tell you dumb *** parents they ****ed up. Your name is a joke. Maybe it's not your fault, but you're the one who's going to pay the price. Most people have better parents than you had/have, whatever, better if they're dead, seriously.

Alfalfa likes this.