What's new

Gamethread: Game 1 of the 1st Round. Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets. 7:30 MST

Years ago i'd have taken the job but at this point Utah actually couldnt pay me enough to be GM I'd cost no less thna 10 mil per season, u gotta pay me like Phil Jackson. I have far more important matters to attend to than ****ing games for bratty fans anyways. SOunds like a terrible bore and distraction.

That job is for as marlon brando puts it in apocalypse now "an errand boy sent by grocery clerks" and i have superseded that nonsense long ago. If you think D Lindz is anymore than that you are a damn fool tho for real. Guy is mediocre at best. His vision sucks, this **** never was gonna work on a big stage. Fools gold.
LOL. The delusions of grandeur are showing again.

People who are upset at Dennis Lindsey really ought to be upset at the fact that they happen to be fans of a team that plays in Salt Lake City, Utah. That more than anything is why this team doesn't have any championship banners. It's ****** and it's unfair, but it's hardly Dennis ****ing Lindsey's fault.

So what's your take Nostradamus? Jazz in 5? Look at this game and the other games we've played Houston this year. Look at the trades and signings we've had during Lindsay's tenure as GM. That is called evidence. We just got blown out by 32 points and didn't look competitive all game long. It's not pessimism, it's seeing what is right in front of you. No one said you couldn't continue to hope for the best. I'd love for the Jazz to make me eat crow on this one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
This guy gets it.

Fire girl is a terrible jazzfanz poster. You think the jazz will lose a game or voice your opinion and you get slandered and name called like a 7 year old since that's probably her mentality point anyways.

I thought you were against name calling, and yet you name call...

I'm confused.

**** head.

Houston has better depth, Gordon locked down Mitchel and was very physical with him, and Ingles was sub par. Korver was invisible. Jazz need better quality bench players and depth at PG, and we need another scorer. Exum would be nice gurding Harden right now.

In the playoffs the game is more physical and athletic. Joe Ingles normally isn't as effective. FWIW, Exum looks good in the playoffs because he plays better at faster pace and blows by defenders. But this side-to-side stuff with hand-offs and screens isn't going to do much against the Rockets' switching defense.

I thought Gobert did the best he could have considering Harden got to run at him with a head of steam 90% of the time because the perimeter defenders rolled out the red carpet to the paint and Harden is elite at getting into a defenders body to create space at the rim for a layup. Favors was excellent too, and Ricky did ok as well.

Rest of the team flat out didn't show up today, and Snyder completely ****ed up with the defensive scheme which is the biggest disappointment to me because the one key advantage I thought the Jazz had going into the series was Snyder being able to outcoach Pringles and Snyder botched it tonight. Thought the offense was about as good as we're going to get without Mitchell going off, Jazz just missed shots as they've done all year against the best teams in the league when Mitchell gets taken out of the game because the reality is that they're just not a great offensive team without Mitchell being able to put tons of pressure on the defense individually. But really disappointed that the Jazz' defense was as bad as it was today and that's mainly on Snyder, followed by the perimeter defenders who sat on Harden's shoulder before completely losing him and allowing him to go either way once he got to the paint while they were still trailing on the 3pt line.

So what's your take Nostradamus? Jazz in 5? Look at this game and the other games we've played Houston this year. Look at the trades and signings we've had during Lindsay's tenure as GM. That is called evidence. We just got blown out by 32 points and didn't look competitive all game long. It's not pessimism, it's seeing what is right in front of you. No one said you couldn't continue to hope for the best. I'd love for the Jazz to make me eat crow on this one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jazz in 4.

Houston would be a lot worse without Faried and Rivers. The NBA rules are ********.
Or, max out your cap chasing stars and use the rules to your advantage. If the Jazz had three stars and some of their top role players, they’d be able to lure guys like the rockets do. Get to real contender status, and there’s a lot you can do on the edge of the rules.

So as a Jazz fan i am angry and frustrated. I would like to blame lindsey, and say he didn't try hard enough, or isnt smart enough. I have to say it because the alternative is that he is very smart and tries really hard but players don't want to stay or come here. The second option is not an option. so Lindsey must be terrible.

So as a Jazz fan i am angry and frustrated. I would like to blame lindsey, and say he didn't try hard enough. I have to say it because the alternative is that he tries really hard but players don't want to stay or come here. The second option is not an option. Lindsey must be terrible.
I've said it for a while now, let's give him this off-season and next years trade deadline and see what he pulls off. If nothing good happens the Mitchell Gobert era will most likely be a giant waste sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it for a while now, let's give him this off-season and next years trade deadline and see what he pulls off. If nothing good happens the Mitchell Gobert era will be a giant waste sadly.

If he sits on his hands this summer and doesn’t make significant improvements, I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least one demand a trade and the other leave once their rookie contract is up. I wouldn’t blame them one bit. This summer is yewge for lindsey.

Lindsey is the GM. He's not the president. I think you're a bit confused about what he does.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think you are bitching just to bitch after a bad loss.
Shot. I still want a kidney at half court, I’m obviously a massive homer, but let’s stay truthful about what has happened.