What's new

Gamethread: Game 1 of the 1st Round. Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets. 7:30 MST

If he sits on his hands this summer and doesn’t make significant improvements, I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least one demand a trade and the other leave once their rookie contract is up. I wouldn’t blame them one bit. This summer is yewge for lindsey.

If DL fails, again, to land that their big player I’ll create a fire DL thread myself.

Yes, it takes two to tango and all that. But now is the time when you over pay and offer another pick or something to get the massive deal done.

He’s entire career has lead to this. Don’t wimp out now DL

Swing baby, swing!!!

Lousy game, no sugar coating it.

That said, whatever happens in this series I won't be too upset about. If they get whipped in the series, perhaps it forces the Jazz FO to actually take a risk and make some moves.

You mentioned several things that Lindsey didn't do earlier. Doesn't matter really. We're all pissed right now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lmfao, ok.

You refute and I provide a few links and you ignore them

Mad? You damn right I’m made **** Houston and **** this game.

If you're not getting better in the NBA you're getting worse... and this team seems to have plateaued..

The west is probably gonna be way tougher next year than this year... Have y'all really examined the salary structures of some of our competitors? many teams that finished under Utah in the standings will make signifigant strides this offseason ands some of those teams are also way younger than Utah in core... this is reaching a critical mass...

As far as I can see it, Lindsey has this team going in the wrong direction.

It’s game 1 on the road. Can freak out when we lose at home or get swept, but until then this game is not a referendum on the whole team.

I think this game reminded everyone of last year. We clearly didn’t have have enough fire power last year. And judging by tonight, didn’t have near the firepower again. I think fans are upset because we stayed pretty much the same over the summer (for perhaps reasons largely beyond our control) yet expected different results.

Last edited:
Fire girl is a terrible jazzfanz poster. You think the jazz will lose a game or voice your opinion and you get slandered and name called like a 7 year old since that's probably her mentality point anyways.

You have no room to call anyone a terrible poster. Ever.

All you ever do is **** everywhere and fling it about.

**** you. Report that ya twit.

If you're not getting better in the NBA you're getting worse... and this team seems to have plateaued..

The west is probably gonna be way tougher next year than this year...

This definitely feels like the 2008-2010ish jazz. Where we basically knew what Deron, Boozer, and Memo were gonna give us. Good competitive teams but never good enough to get over the elite teams.

I think this summer is crucial. Otherwise, Gobert and Mitchell are going to be looking to bail. But markets let alone Small markets can’t waste time with their stars. Especially if Rudy wants the recognition he deserves. If he feels playing in a bigger market will provide him with championship contention and finally recognition, he’ll leave ASAP. The guy is the most underrated player in the league because he plays in utah. If he played in Los Angeles, Boston, or New York, he’d be recognized as the best center in the league.

Embiid is an injury prone bitch. towns is overrated. boogie is an ***. and can we really consider Davis a center? Meh.

This summer is time to really commit to Gobert and Mitchell and make the moves necessary to beat the elites. Otherwise, I won’t blame them for leaving.

If you don’t get it then go look at all he has done. I’m scouting, in analytics, in renovating the arena, in deepening the bench, in coaching pick, in providing Utah financial flexibility for the chance to land a big player, bringing back Utah SL, establishing a Utah pipeline with a team owned GL team, getting management to pony up for the Zion training facility...

But nope. **** it all

Lmfao
He isn't the reason the arena was renovated, he's didn't make the practice training center and he didn't get the Stars in Utah. That was Randy Rigby and Steve Starks. Not saying he had nothing to do with it, however it wasn't him that was in charge of it.

You have no room to call anyone a terrible poster. Ever.

All you ever do is **** everywhere and fling it about.

**** you. Report that ya twit.

Plus, Shad is stupid name. Why in the absolute **** would you choose that as your name?

**** face dick head.

When Mitchell had launched 3 3's in the opening quarter I couldnt help but shake the thought;

"they are gonna have Mitchell try and out duel Harden in a 3pt shooting contest? this is gonna be a blowout...."

It's just such a crude offensive gameplan for the NBA.. moreso than the gameplan tho it's really the personnel... the team lacks firepower... they barely got to 90 points...

The Jazz offense is like watching olympic style boxing, which sucks btw, no one watches olympic boxing. and Houston is like a real deal powerpuncher that people come to see and applaud. I know people here would love to claim otherwise, thats what I see, and i've seen a lot of fights...

Donovan Mitchell is not like the Joe Frazier left hook. Utah as a team doesn't have that kind of punching power or frankly anywhere close to it. they are actually quite feather-fisted, Houston didn't seem worried at all..... they are just swinging for points hoping to win on attrition like an olmypic boxer. They dont even have "a punchers chance" their only real hope is relies on chance of injury.

A3G6_1_20140113414588451.jpg

Last edited:
He isn't the reason the arena was renovated, he's didn't make the practice training center and he didn't get the Stars in Utah. That was Randy Rigby and Steve Starks. Not saying he had nothing to do with it, however it wasn't him that was in charge of it.

https://www.ksl.com/article/33992476

How many puzzles pieces you want me to add for you?

This loss sucks because we lost it on the defense end and not on the offensive end. Snyder trying to use Coach Bud's plan to guard Harden ended up turning out to be the Jazz just rolling out the red carpet to the paint for Harden AND they let him get to whatever hand he wanted once he got to the paint, it was ****ing awful.

This is a really good point. I was actually in favor of trying coach Buds plan because the Bucks had so much success with it but it just didn't work for us at all.

When Mitchell had launched 3 3's in the opening quarter I couldnt help but shake the thought;

"they are gonna have Mitchell try and out duel Harden in a 3pt shooting contest? this is gonna be a blowout...."

It's just such a crude offensive gameplan for the NBA.. moreso than the gameplan tho it's really the personnel... the team lacks firepower... they barely got to 90 points...
Do you have dementia? You literally posted that you were encouraged by what you saw in the first. Do you want me to repost it before you delete it?? Please go away you delusional maggot infected **** for brains. Bye Felicia.

Plus, Shad is stupid name. Why in the absolute **** would you choose that as your name?

**** face dick head.

Lmfao, not what I expected but let’s do it. Stupid *** combination of letters. Stupid *** combo, why would you name your kid Shad? Just punch the baby and get it over with