What's new

Gamethread: Jazz v Lakers. 7pm MST.

So weird.

This the team that just dominated the Blazers and Spurs?
Twas foods gold. The tank is still on whether we like it or not.

Rookie head coach
Epically bad rookie #5 pick
Rookie hood
D-league millsap
D-league ingles
Dunk champion evans
Trey

The jazz are not ready to win yet.
We are not done rebuilding
Next year we fight for playoffs (but probably don't quite get there)
The year after we get in start making noise

Patience

Agreed, but just the fact that I highlighted in your comment is enough to get on my nerves.

I don't find it surprising that there are a TON of laker fans at the Jazz games. Its been pointed out already that there are a ton of south California transplants in utah, enough to fill the ESA many times over. So of course the stadium is going to be packed with them when its their only chance to see their team every year. The laker games are always to capacity because both groups of fans come out to support the teams.

Rookie head coach
Rookie hood
D-league millsap
D-league ingles
Dunk champion evans
Trey

Patience

The games against the Blazers and Spurs weren't fools gold. I think playing at a high level defensively is far more sustainable than committing 20+ turnovers.

Rookie head coach
Rookie hood
D-league millsap
D-league ingles
Dunk champion evans
Trey

Patience

I don't think anyone thought the Jazz were a top team or anything, it's just that it's the ****ing Lakers, you know?

They suck ***.

And their fans are *******.

Props to Gobert for 16/14/3blks and only 1 foul and 1 turnover.

If the Jazz get some spacing, shooting and solid guard play, things will get much better.

Exum should be a superstar by now, no?

For once, don't try to be the smartass. Nobody said sth like this.

But you must realize that he is a starter and for a starter he plays very, very poor.

Everybody mocks Burke but he had a lot of tremendous games. And people consider him as a backup pg here because he destroyed many games. If he is considered like that, then Exum shouldn't even be in a team, he is such bad.

The games against the Blazers and Spurs weren't fools gold. I think playing at a high level defensively is far more sustainable than committing 20+ turnovers.

This. My question is why did Burke start the second half? That is what lost us the game...and missed FG's.

I don't find it surprising that there are a TON of laker fans at the Jazz games. Its been pointed out already that there are a ton of south California transplants in utah, enough to fill the ESA many times over. So of course the stadium is going to be packed with them when its their only chance to see their team every year. The laker games are always to capacity because both groups of fans come out to support the teams.

So the question is why are there so many SoCal transplants here?

I love coach quin, his philosophy and his "motivation" looks and his attitude but in my opinion this lose is on him. IMO he was outcoached by byron Scott. He had no idea or a plan what to do agains zone defence and was also wasting his timeouts.. I mean such a young team can struggle but u still have to have a plan to beat a really bad team.. may be it's bad scouting or preparation but it's still goes down to him. This is a loss where I cannot blame any of our players... I still believe in him but I think (like the majority of our players) he has some rookie issues (shortcomings) I know I'm new on this board and please don't think I hate quin snyder, I actually love him but I think this one is on his back

In the last 617 minutes Exum has played he has been to the free throw line 1 time. People don't realize how crazy that is. He needs to learn a thing or two from Alec.

****...guess we won a few we should not have. Love our progress, but fo real....we need better draft position than 12. 10 or better please.

Yep

Really though...we have not scored 100 points since Kanter was moved. We really need Burks to be that 17-18 point guy next year.

Umm hmmm

Come the **** on. Unfair. He has carried the team on multiple occasions this year.

Agreed, Hayward is the ****ing man

I started the game with a glas of white wine and now I'm drinking vodka and I have no idea how I got to this point!

Nice transition

I don't think anyone thought the Jazz were a top team or anything,

After the Portland and San Antonio games lots of people were crowning the jazz. Talking bout getting over 40 wins, going on huge win streaks, even making the God Damn playoffs and what not.

We still suck this year. We are not ready. Need a good draft pick

I love coach quin, his philosophy and his "motivation" looks and his attitude but in my opinion this lose is on him. IMO he was outcoached by byron Scott. He had no idea or a plan what to do agains zone defence and was also wasting his timeouts.. I mean such a young team can struggle but u still have to have a plan to beat a really bad team.. may be it's bad scouting or preparation but it's still goes down to him. This is a loss where I cannot blame any of our players... I still believe in him but I think (like the majority of our players) he has some rookie issues (shortcomings) I know I'm new on this board and please don't think I hate quin snyder, I actually love him but I think this one is on his back

Gonna respectfully disagree. When the Jazz weren't gunning for the franchise TO record, their offense was playing well enough.

I think the game plan was fine - the execution was just embarrassingly sloppy on the players' side.