What's new

General Mattis To Resign

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ter-lays-bare-divide-with-trump-idUSKCN1OJ2XN

The timing on this suggests Syrian troop withdrawal was the final straw of many policy and worldview differences between Trump and Mattis. Dark days ahead I'm afraid.
Sounds like the Syria is not only very unpopular but caught MANY off guard and I imagine they take the lack of consultation as a major insult.

In other news, Merry Christmas Putin! Trump is giving you a MASSIVE gift on behalf of the American people and our allies.

At this rate will a single original high profile staff member make it till 2020 or Trumps impeachment, which ever comes first?

Conway and Chao are the only two originals still there that come to mind.

At this rate will a single original high profile staff member make it till 2020 or Trumps impeachment, which ever comes first?

Conway and Chao are the only two originals still there that come to mind.
Ivanka

When Ivanka leaves you know it's over.

Sounds like the Syria is not only very unpopular but caught MANY off guard and I imagine they take the lack of consultation as a major insult.

In other news, Merry Christmas Putin! Trump is giving you a MASSIVE gift on behalf of the American people and our allies.

And Putin quoted as saying "Donald is right". Not President Trump. Donald.

I support the withdrawal of US troops from Syria. It looks like not everything that Trump does is wrong.

I support the withdrawal of US troops from Syria. It looks like not everything that Trump does is wrong.
I worry more about the timing and the way in which the withdrawal will take place. The fact that his secretary of defense is willing to quit over it makes me think it's not going to be particularly well thought out.

I worry more about the timing and the way in which the withdrawal will take place. The fact that his secretary of defense is willing to quit over it makes me think it's not going to be particularly well thought out.

We can discuss details as we learn from them but the withdrawal in itself is already a step in the right direction.

But even then, do you agree with the way it was done? Apparently with out consulting the appropriate advisors and military staff. And those consulted against their advice.

I’m not opposed to withdrawing from Syria. But there are ways not to do it. And a sudden “F you” to my advisors and allies (some of who are fighting with us) is at the top of the list of how not to do it.

But even then, do you agree with the way it was done? Apparently with out consulting the appropriate advisors and military staff. And those consulted against their advice.

I’m not opposed to withdrawing from Syria. But there are ways not to do it. And a sudden “F you” to my advisors and allies (some of who are fighting with us) is at the top of the list of how not to do it.

Were all of his advisors opposed to the idea? Who are our so called allies that you’re talking about? Does any foreign action that the US takes need to always be in agreement with our so called allies?

Were all of his advisors opposed to the idea? Who are our so called allies that you’re talking about? Does any foreign action that the US takes need to always be in agreement with our so called allies?

At this time?

Best reports are a little north of a half dozen. Including Germany, the UK and Australia.

Now do allies always need to be consulted on every action we take? No.

But when those actions impact their soldiers in harms way, especially since it was done at our lobbying and lead, then absolutely. That’s how you keep allies.

Someone already mentioned the Kurds, who are really getting ****ed over here (again).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0502c2-03d5-11e9-958c-0a601226ff6b_story.html

I think it’s worth questioning why Trump’s recent foreign policy decisions are to the apparent benefit of dictators like Turkey and Russia, and against the wishes of not only our allies in the region, but his own national security advisors.

Someone already mentioned the Kurds, who are really getting ****ed over here (again).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0502c2-03d5-11e9-958c-0a601226ff6b_story.html

I think it’s worth questioning why Trump’s recent foreign policy decisions are to the apparent benefit of dictators like Turkey and Russia, and against the wishes of not only our allies in the region, but his own national security advisors.

To the benefit of not escalating tensions between the top two military superpowers in the world the way I see it.

Also, if Syrian I would not want my country to end up like post Gaddafi Libya due to another flawed regime change, and I would not want foreign troops on my soil, be it American, Russian or Martian.

Reactions: Tak

Just curious. Why does Russia have to be our enemy?

This is all the evidence I need to see that this is probably not the right call.

Eh, to me this is low on the list. Russia liking an action is not my barometer. Nor should it be.

Maybe because he knows if he consults with the military industrial complex he know what the answer will be. The American peace loving caring people do not want endless wars. This is precisely why Trump was elected. He is the only man who will stand up against the corrupt and put and end to it once and for all. The biggest reason why he was elected was because of the brass balls this man has and his willingness to do what is necessary. If anyone else was elected it would have been more endless wars.

It gets so old watching you morons get duped for entife lifetime by lying politicians. We finally got one who is a man of his word and now you want to cry about it.

The Kurds may not have the time for details, with Turkey poised to move against them in Syria. Hell of a way to treat an ally on the field of battle. A bit dishonorable I think. They get labeled as terrorist, but I don't think anybody fought ISIS harder, and they protected the Yazidis in Iraq when ISIS was bent on ethnic cleansing.

https://www.voanews.com/amp/allies-...tweet-kurds-fear-turkish-attack-/4707932.html

Isnt it about time America bows out of babysitting the middle east and let them take care of their own problems? Its exactly what they want anyways. Anything you do is criticized and unappreciated anyways. Its not the job of the American people to solve everyone's problems. Especially since we are going broke doing it, and we havent solved anything and have only made things worse.