What's new

George Hill finalizing 1 year deal w/Lakers

I like Rubio much better ,maybe Rubio gets Snyders offense an injection of some fastbreak basketball and Jazz can show off their young guys athleticism hidden in Snyders walk em up the court offense.

For 1 year deal, I would definitely take George Hill. Not sure of the $$$ being offered but if the Jazz could add a player option for year 2 that would be better than the laker deal. Hill could play alongside Rubio or sub him in 4th quarter

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Pretty sure Hill is an unrestricted free agent. There's no right to match.
I think he might mean that he'd match the structure of the deal in an offer for Hill to stay instead of jumping to the Lakers. Less playing time in Utah, but a better team around him and a shot at the playoffs this year. Utah could do it if they don't mind paying taxes from his contract.

I wouldn't try to re-sign Hill now. I suspect Hill would resent signing for less money than he was offered last winter -- doesn't matter it was his own fault, but human nature being what it is, he would still blame the Jazz for getting Rubio and denying him the opportunity to hold us hostage.

I wouldn't try to re-sign Hill now. I suspect Hill would resent signing for less money than he was offered last winter -- doesn't matter it was his own fault, but human nature being what it is, he would still blame the Jazz for getting Rubio and denying him the opportunity to hold us hostage.

Someone who can't admit making a mistake and making moves to reduce the distance that results from it due to inability to eat their pride probably is someone to be wary about.

Last edited:
I think he might mean that he'd match the structure of the deal in an offer for Hill to stay instead of jumping to the Lakers. Less playing time in Utah, but a better team around him and a shot at the playoffs this year. Utah could do it if they don't mind paying taxes from his contract.

We've got a tremendous logjam at the one as it is. Fact is we just don't need him anymore and if you watched the Summer League game, Mitchell looked like a future All Star and will probably demand minutes (with his play) at both the one and the two.

We've got a tremendous logjam at the one as it is. Fact is we just don't need him anymore and if you watched the Summer League game, Mitchell looked like a future All Star and will probably demand minutes (with his play) at both the one and the two.
Logjam? We have two rotation PGs and a reserve. How is that a logjam?

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Good for him. Glad the Jazz aren't paying that much. I think Sacramento might end up being a good fit for him. Lots of young guys who need some guidance and leadership.

Yeah, I don't get the negativity towards Hill on jazzfanz. I'm happy he got a deal done.