What's new

GH20.com: G-TIME TAKES ON TEAM USA MINICAMP

Is G-Time a nickname that he appropriated for himself or did it come from somewhere else? It's pretty horrific. I think a lot of players need to understand that nicknames should always come naturally and not all players need them.

Anyway, I think Hayward has learned what many other players in his position learned, strength helps. Good for him. I'm sure it'll translate and let's hope it helps the team bring get some extra wins.

Is G-Time a nickname that he appropriated for himself or did it come from somewhere else? It's pretty horrific. I think a lot of players need to understand that nicknames should always come naturally and not all players need them.

Anyway, I think Hayward has learned what many other players in his position learned, strength helps. Good for him. I'm sure it'll translate and let's hope it helps the team bring get some extra wins.

Yes, he appropriated it himself in his rap song.

It's also what the writers who write the game recaps for his blog often refer to him as.

I believe its was a little bit of both. He likes G-time because Reggie Miller was his favorite Pacer. His teammates call him G-time too. I think if you're team uses it, it's stuck.

This whole forum is starting to read more like a HGTV script than a discussion about a basketball team. I know it's off-season but not that off-season. Hey, I'm retired and there isn't much to watch, so I've noticed!