What's new

Give KOC some credit

fatchipper

Wanna learn how to rebuild a team within 2 years? Ask KOC. Once again we're in position to turn this team around within 2 years. Basically 4 lottery players within a 2 year period and two of those are top 5 picks. I'm not sure we do much this season (if there is a season), but I could easily see us in the playoffs in two years.

For giving money away to Memo, AK, and Raja?

I like what we got for Dwill. And I like that he didn't resign Loozer. But he's made some real bonehead decisions too.

I'll hold my breathe until we actually do something with these two picks. The potential is there. Hopefully we don't end up with the Darko of this draft...

For giving money away to Memo, AK, and Raja?

I like what we got for Dwill. And I like that he didn't resign Loozer. But he's made some real bonehead decisions too.

I'll hold my breathe until we actually do something with these two picks. The potential is there. Hopefully we don't end up with the Darko of this draft...

ehhh...I don't blame KOC at all for the AK contract, and frankly no fan should.

As KOC would say: Well, again all I'll can say on that is what we did tonight is acquire an asset. And we feel very happy about that.

We have a lot of legit assets: Favors, #3 pick, #12 pick, GS pick, Hayward, Jefferson, Millsap, Harris, Miles' expiring (assuming we pick up his option), Okur's expiring, hell even Watson who could be a legit backup on some contending team that needs a legit backup point and all are at a fair price, relatively speaking. Well, maybe not Okur.

I am all for the Jazz making some kind of move. Either in this draft to get Irving or move picks and/or players to get a proven player. Make me believe KOC!

Would you do #3 pick and GS pick to move up to #1?

Only if I (KOC and Jazz Staff) knew for a sure thing that Irving is going to be a top 5 PG for years to come. Even then, IDK. We can possibly get Kanter or Williams (who both have realistic chances of being top 10 at their position) and the GS pick which will be somewhere between 8-14 in a stacked draft.

Would you do #3 pick and GS pick to move up to #1?

i would never do that. Its ridiculous. We can get kanter and eventually trade someplayers and 12 th pick to get Knight. So we wont need irving that much. And next year will be full of good players. So even in 8th, 9th pick we can get a good contributor. Even without watching the season, there r very good 3 players who didnt enter draft this year but they will next year. And i heard about austin rivers and some other talented kids. Next year will be a really strong draft year

I said it in another thread, but I'll say it again. Here's my 2011 dream draft:

-Kanter at #3
-Package Milsap and the #12 to get yourself back into the top 5 or 6
-After moving back up, hope like hell Brandon Knight is still there, but if not take Kemba Walker
-Keep ahold of the GS pick for 2012

I said it in another thread, but I'll say it again. Here's my 2011 dream draft:

-Kanter at #3
-Package Milsap and the #12 to get yourself back into the top 5 or 6
-After moving back up, hope like hell Brandon Knight is still there, but if not take Kemba Walker
-Keep ahold of the GS pick for 2012

I like Knight, but I would rather that we package Sap around a pick for next years draft rather than moving up from 12 in this draft.