What's new

Go get Derrick Rose

David Stern

https://www.inquisitr.com/3156374/n...ck-rose-to-dallas-mavericks-for-devin-harris/

Obviously that article is just a random trade idea, but the Jazz can definitely offer more than Dallas can. I think its common knowledge that they're going to be trading Rose to someone, and the Jazz are actually in perfect position to pursue a trade for him. His contract is an albatross, but its a one-year deal that could play HUGE dividends as Exum recovers from Injury. He is definitely a player who can help the Jazz learn how to close games. I think a trade of Burke/Johnson/#12/#42 for Rose/2017 1st Rounder would be fair for both sides. Thoughts?

I would take Rose on an expiring deal but I wouldn't give the Bulls much more than Burke, 1 lottery-protected pick, and cap room.

I think Rose would help the team a lot. But he is not worth trading any picks for in my opinion. And Chicago isnt gonna trade him without getting picks in return, so in the end I'd say no

That is like buying the sweet used sports car. It may look nice and handle great on the road but it spends more time at the mechanics then on the road.

Why we giving a pick... Eff that ****.

Rose as a player would be fine but I'd pass on rose the person. Would rather try to get dwill back than Derrick... He's a over rated douche from what I hear.

I get that he's super injury prone, but he is a former league MVP and is coming off of a season where he played 66 games. It allows the Jazz to have cap space next summer as well.

I don't see why we couldn't go after Rose? Mavs offer is Devin Harris and 2 2nd rounders lol? I'd let them have Burks and/or Burkes for him easy

I don't see why we couldn't go after Rose? Mavs offer is Devin Harris and 2 2nd rounders lol? I'd let them have Burks and/or Burkes for him easy

We could offer D-Will a 2 year deal with the second year a team option at $15 M per year and that likely beats out what Dallas would offer. Same with a guy like Jeremy Lin...

We'd give up no draft assets and have a better player and trade asset. I also think you have to factor Rose's attitude... he still thinks he's MVP Derrick Rose.

Why we giving a pick... Eff that ****.

Rose as a player would be fine but I'd pass on rose the person. Would rather try to get dwill back than Derrick... He's a over rated douche from what I hear.

You hear that he is an overrated douche? People call you and say he is a douche that's overrated? Or,,, you walk around and say, "hey how 'bout Derrick Rose?" only to hear back from multiple sources, "naw he's a douche". If you hear it, you believe it? Do you watch basketball? You are telling me that Trey Burke and a draft pick is more valuable than Rose? Because we have this incredible history of drafting the most elite players from each years draft class? A pick should be valuable, but in Jazz land, we will either draft somebody that can't play, or we will draft someone that can ball and then let them go for nothing. We have a track record of either busting on draft day, or being a farm team for another organizations success. If you ask me, I would say hell yes, to a trade involving Burke + 1st round pick for Rose. A frequently injured Rose plays better while 90 % injured than a 100% healthy Trey Burke. And we are arguing draft pick, like Iverson argues practice. WE WASTE EVERY DRAFT PICK OR LET EVERY TALENTED DRAFT PICK WALK ANYWAY. Why the hell does it matter? I would rather waste a draft pick on a gamble in Derrick Rose (former MVP) than the wash, rinse, repeat cycle that they Jazz have wrote the book on.

He's a FORMER MVP slapper brain. He's now a washed up shell of his former self & the game has passed him by. He can't shoot 3s & is a terribly inefficient player who clearly is only concerned about how much money he can squeeze out of his career. I'd rather commit in my own mouth than bring him in.

We could offer D-Will $15 M per year and that likely beats out what Dallas would offer.

$15M would likely beat out anything any sane team would offer. Have you seen DWill play or looked at his stats? Or are you just remembering that one game against the Jazz?

That website is retarded. They also "reported" that the lakers were trading D'Angelo Russel and #2 for Hayward and Favors...

What would a one year rental of Rose get us?

Let's say he stays healthy.

What does he make us... A 7th seed? Maybe a 5th seed?

And after he leaves after we are beaten in the first or second round, what are we left with?

I just don't get what a one year rental gets us. If we had been in the WCF this past year I could understand taking a gamble and going for broke. But we didn't even make the playoffs.

Please explain.