What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

Wow! I didnt actually believe it until my bro sent me a text saying he can now get a Rudy jersey at 50% off now. Of all the teams we heard interested in Rudy(Chicago, Toronto, Atlanta) Minnesota is the team that comes in with that offer. Rudy can now play with the big dick energy knowing he took one of the biggest offers ever in order to get him, a proper f you to the haters. I hope he grabs another dpoy award next year.

I guess the biggest disappointment for me is having one of the best defensive players ever and not being able to capitalize on it. It really felt like the stars aligned for 20-21 season and we didnt take advantage. Rudy did his part, but we failed him. Minnesota is now a better team and my message for the jazz is to keep going with this rebuild. It's going to be long and hard(thats what she said) but we have to realize if we want to be a contender again we have to move on from guys.

Shaq was dominant but not "THE' man on the team, that was Kobe and Dwade so that's a no. Duncan doesn't get placed at center, doesn't matter what you say. Dirk wasn't a center either. NEXT
What the **** are you talking about? Shaq absolutely was “The Man” on those 3 Lakers championship teams. Maybe you were too young? You don’t win Finals MVP 3 straight times without being the man. Shaq in the 2000 Finals averaged 38 pts, 16 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Just to compare, In that same series Kobe averaged 16 pts, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. And you still want to claim that Kobe, not Shaq, was “The Man?”

Shaq would later lead the Lakers two more times in similar (but not as bad disproportionately) in points and rebounds in the Finals.

Also, eyeballs. Those of us alive who watched these series all knew who “The Man” was. It wasn’t until 2004 that clearly Shaq was fading as Kobe’s star was rising. How else do you explain their breakup? If Shaq was always playing second fiddle to Kobe then Kobe taking over in 2004ish wouldn’t have been a thing since he had always been “The Man.” Since Kobe had always been second fiddle, him taking over as “The Man” created such animosity between them and the team that they traded Shaq to Miami betting that the younger and rising star would provide them with more championship runs than the aging star in decline.

Whatever you’re smokin, pass it over to me.

Last edited:
What the **** are you talking about? Shaq absolutely was “The Man” on those 3 Lakers championship teams. Maybe you were too young? You don’t win Finals MVP 3 straight times without being the man. Shaq in the 2000 Finals averaged 38 pts, 16 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Just to compare, In that same series Kobe averaged 16 pts, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. And you still want to claim that Kobe, not Shaq, was “The Man?”

Shaq would later lead the Lakers two more times in similar (but not as bad disproportionately) in points and rebounds in the Finals.

Also, eyeballs. Those of us alive who watched these series all knew who “The Man” was. It wasn’t until 2004 that clearly Shaq was fading as Kobe’s star was rising.

So child please, don’t comment on things you clearly don’t know about.
Haha all of this. The internet is a wild *** place….

A few days ago I was watching this game. Such a fun time to be a Jazz fan, sweeping the Lakers out of the WCF. We got rest while Jordan and the Bulls went the distance against Reggie Miller and the Pacers. We had HC advantage too. Still can’t believe we choked that Finals series away.

View: https://youtu.be/CyP_GLWG4oA

I remember hoping the Bulls would beat the Pacers, because I wanted revenge for 97 and was convinced we’d win with hc advantage.

You may need therapy then because you should be in love with Ainge. The guy is the savior of this franchise. We went from no future to a bright future in 24 hours.
I accept Ainge's doing good, that's fairly obvious at his moment.... even so I'm not happy watching Rudy elsewhere it makes me kind of sad... ultimately this fandom thing is not necessarily rational isn't it?
At the same time I've never liked DA, I don't know why really but somehow somewhere I just decided in my mind that I do not like him.
May I need therapy? Damn yeah! And I don't think I'd have to pay more to add this little Danny thing of mine to the pile! ;)

A few days ago I was watching this game. Such a fun time to be a Jazz fan, sweeping the Lakers out of the WCF. We got rest while Jordan and the Bulls went the distance against Reggie Miller and the Pacers. We had HC advantage too. Still can’t believe we choked that Finals series away.

View: https://youtu.be/CyP_GLWG4oA

It's too painful to revisit those 1998 finals games. In a weird way, I think jazz were the better team in the 97 series and should have won that year had a few unlucky bounces not gone the Bulls way (Malone free throws in G1, Malone not boxing out Tony in G5, Kerr sinking that game winner in G6, refs calling goaltending on Anderson's layup in G6, Russell throwing the worst in bounds pass of all time in G6, etc.)

In 98, horny was playing on one knee, stock was clearly not the same after that early season injury and Sloan had his head up his *** giving Keefe minutes over Morris (and Anderson not playing enough). Add to that the unlucky reffing in G6 and MJ's goodbye tour - it was a *********** of a series that we really had no shot winning.

It's too painful to revisit those 1998 finals games. In a weird way, I think jazz were the better team in the 97 series and should have won that year had a few unlucky bounces not gone the Bulls way (Malone free throws in G1, Malone not boxing out Tony in G5, Kerr sinking that game winner in G6, refs calling goaltending on Anderson's layup in G6, Russell throwing the worst in bounds pass of all time in G6, etc.)

In 98, horny was playing on one knee, stock was clearly not the same after that early season injury and Sloan had his head up his *** giving Keefe minutes over Morris (and Anderson not playing enough). Add to that the unlucky reffing in G6 and MJ's goodbye tour - it was a *********** of a series that we really had no shot winning.
My theory is that 95 was the best chance, but of course we blew it in round 1.

I accept Ainge's doing good, that's fairly obvious at his moment.... even so I'm not happy watching Rudy elsewhere it makes me kind of sad... ultimately this fandom thing is not necessarily rational isn't it?
At the same time I've never liked DA, I don't know why really but somehow somewhere I just decided in my mind that I do not like him.
May I need therapy? Damn yeah! And I don't think I'd have to pay more to add this little Danny thing of mine to the pile! ;)
I've never liked Ainge either but that is because I hated the Celtics and he was so damn good at making deals.

I've never liked Ainge either but that is because I hated the Celtics and he was so damn good at making deals.
My first proper exposure to the NBA here in Europe was in 93 when Eurosport showed the finals.. Ainge was with the Suns. Didn’t like him much back then already. Now I do like him.

One added bonus: I dont have to vehemently defend Rudy to the death to dumbass jazz fans who dont see his value. Hell, this trade proves his value. Amazing haul.
Or minny is dumb snd overpaid. Time will tell

Yes, but we are not talking about Giannis here or some sort of certainty. We are talking about selling Mitchell for huge pile of uncertainty(picks).
Ya what we were talking about is you saying that if the jazz thought Spida was a franchise player that could lead us to a title then they would not look at moving him no matter what. Im disagreeing with that statement. There are scenarios where a team would move their franchise player with potential to win a chip. Like a scenario where a team was offered a better franchise player. And of course if the franchise player is requesting a trade then the team should certainly be accepting offers and considering them.

The picks go until 2029. You want to try to predict the state of the league at that point?

Go back to the franchise inception and let me know if it’s a good gamble that the Wolves won’t be awesome for the better part of a decade.
The wolves are going to be in the lottery at least one year we have their pick. Although I think they have the talent to be a contender

Anthony Davis on that Lakers team was playing center.
Thats a good one. He wasn't really anything like gobert though which I think is really what folks are discussing. Whether Gobert could have led us to a title. Also could be argued that lebron was the key piece on that team rather than Davis.

Shaq no. Dwade and Kobe's teams. Hakeem maybe. How many years as that been? 25?
I think those lakers teams were shaqs more than kobes. I was definitely more worried about shaq than kobe when we played them.

While I agree, I think that with most superstars (I only consider the top 10 players or so to be superstars) typically get past the 2nd round after 10 years or so playing for a team.

You’ve lost your mind, fish :)