What's new

Gordon Monson: Complete Tool

I like gunther and hans too.

I hate pk.

Gunther is my favorite BY FAR. It's not even close
Agreed. Gunther is insane. He's got crazy quick intellect, and he is self-deprecating.

Olsen is entertaining because not even he knows what is going to come out of his mouth next.

This is the way a pessimist sees the world. An optimist would say almost the opposite (though I think your inclusion of the word "blind" is odd, as if you believe pessimistic people have their eyes open and optimistic people do not).

The (vast) majority of most people's (I'm including all people, not just privileged/first-world people) hopes and dreams don't materialize, that's self-evident. If you have an alternate life experience, then you are in elite category of luckiness.

These threads bagging on media personalities that cover the Jazz are pathetic. Someone dedicates their careers to extensively cover the Jazz for us and all we can complain about is minor personality flaws, awkward interviews, and poor grammar. If these things bother you enough to fell like you should share your displeasure with others, I can't imagine how you have any friends or a significant other. Can you not appreciate these people for the large amount of Jazz based content they provide us as fans?

I'll say the same thing I do to the idiots that complain about Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd, if you don't like it, don't listen/watch/read it.

The (vast) majority of most people's (I'm including all people, not just privileged/first-world people) hopes and dreams don't materialize, that's self-evident. If you have an alternate life experience, then you are in elite category of luckiness.
Have you ever spent time in a third world country? I have had the good fortune to do so many times, and it is my experience that the vast majority of people in those places are very happy with their lives. In fact, many people living in conditions we would consider impoverished are much happier than those you would term privileged/first-world people. It is a mistake to ascribe our view of success, or even of the world in any respect, to them. It is incorrect to characterize them as not attaining their hopes and dreams just because you look at their situation and it does not match your hopes and dreams. BTW, I realize I have no hope of winning this argument with someone who is getting their information about life in these environments second hand. In order to understand what I'm saying you have to go to Africa or Indonesia or South America, and then you have to leave the safety of the posh resorts and meet the people in their own environment and on their own terms. Based on your comments I believe you would be amazed at what you would find.

These threads bagging on media personalities that cover the Jazz are pathetic. Someone dedicates their careers to extensively cover the Jazz for us and all we can complain about is minor personality flaws, awkward interviews, and poor grammar. If these things bother you enough to fell like you should share your displeasure with others, I can't imagine how you have any friends or a significant other. Can you not appreciate these people for the large amount of Jazz based content they provide us as fans?

I'll say the same thing I do to the idiots that complain about Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd, if you don't like it, don't listen/watch/read it.
I couldn't disagree more. If you choose a career where your face, name and reputation are public, you are also choosing to face critique, whether productive or otherwise. This is true of every performer, whether they be a musician, an athlete, an actor, an author, or anything else. The ones who react to it personally and get their feelings hurt cannot survive. The ones who ignore the crap opinions and use the useful ones in order to improve their craft and further refine it to connect with their particular audience will thrive. This is even true if a portion of the public hates them even more for whatever changes they make, and it is especially true if a portion of the audience tunes in specifically because they hate them.

I couldn't disagree more. If you choose a career where your face, name and reputation are public, you are also choosing to face critique, whether productive or otherwise. This is true of every performer, whether they be a musician, an athlete, an actor, an author, or anything else. The ones who react to it personally and get their feelings hurt cannot survive.

I agree. Also, I don't think I've ever heard or read Locke or Monson react to this personally.

The ones who ignore the crap opinions and use the useful ones

Once again, I agree. The issue is that no useful opinions can be found in this board that I've seen. The opinions of those that have worked a lengthy career in broadcasting or journalism are the useful ones, and those people wouldn't be stupid enough to post those valid opinions here. Remember Jerry's comment about listening to the fans.........you'll end up sitting with them. Same concept applies here. Those complaining about media personalities here are either jealous or have some major emotional-intelligence issues.

I agree. Also, I don't think I've ever heard or read Locke or Monson react to this personally.
Locke does. That dude goes off at times. I enjoy him as a radio host. Not as a play by play guy, though.

Once again, I agree. The issue is that no useful opinions can be found in this board that I've seen. The opinions of those that have worked a lengthy career in broadcasting or journalism are the useful ones, and those people wouldn't be stupid enough to post those valid opinions here. Remember Jerry's comment about listening to the fans.........you'll end up sitting with them. Same concept applies here. Those complaining about media personalities here are either jealous or have some major emotional-intelligence issues.
Describes me to a tee.

Guess they don't teach you to not respond to ad hominems with ad hominems in CPA school.

That said, this is a discussion forum. Anyone connected to the Utah Jazz, including journalists, are fair game for discussion - as much as whether or not we should abolish the rookie dance off, a post which was one of your recent contributions to Jazz Fanz.