What's new

Gordon Monson: Complete Tool

Flc

We had one for Locke and Jody, two sports journalists that work hard and provide a huge amount of content, so we might as well turn our focus to Gordon Monson. He's a lazy ******* that writes columns for the SL Tribune that he seems to think are far more clever than they actually are, much like his former fellow Tribune journalist Bill Oram. He's like the Maureen Dowd of Jazz Nation, except he's just as irritating while being five percent of the writer she is.

Here's his latest idiotic column:

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/58498666-87/story.csp

Keep gettin' dem checks, Gordon. I'd rather read a Hotnickkkk post than your drivel.

I like him on the radio more than I expected. I never really liked his columns, so was disappointed that they paired him up with Spence Checketts. But I like the Big Show with those two, especially the "Gordon's List" weekly thing.

He's the most honest of the local personalities even if that means he takes the antagonist role in a debate too often (maybe that's because pessimism is closer to realism than blind optimism is).

Last edited:
What do you not like about it? Seems fine enough.
Seemed ok to me. Maybe he tried to get a little too clever in the opening with his reference to Young Frankenstein. But hey, it's October. He pointed out the positives tonight.

Hater gonna hate hate hate hate

But Monson's just gonna shake shake shake shake

He's one of the few journalist that called out Ty last year. He's one of the few journalist who questioned KOC's weird decisions. He's one of the few journalist who asked Randy Rigby about Ty's situation last year during an interview. No, he's not a stat geek like Locke, but he doesn't follow the company line and he's been in this market since Brigham found it.

I may lurk on this site... But Gordon Monson must lurk in some very dark places. This is not a critique of his journalism or his show. I have had some discreet encounters with Mr. Monson that he is probably not aware of. Two times... mark it. Two times I have been crop dusted by Gordon Monson in the airport. Once I was cornered on a bus taking me to the parking lot. The other, I was standing in line. I was physically disabled by the horrific smell he unleashed unto the world. I am convinced he must be a Luciferian Illuminati because the demon he birthed onto this plane almost choked me to death. In fact, I burned the clothes I was wearing and hired an exorcist to rid me of the beast. He may be a gentleman on the radio, but the filth he spews from his bowells is what you must fear.

We had one for Locke and Jody, two sports journalists that work hard and provide a huge amount of content, so we might as well turn our focus to Gordon Monson. He's a lazy ******* that writes columns for the SL Tribune that he seems to think are far more clever than they actually are, much like his former fellow Tribune journalist Bill Oram. He's like the Maureen Dowd of Jazz Nation, except he's just as irritating while being five percent of the writer she is.

Here's his latest idiotic column:

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/58498666-87/story.csp

Keep gettin' dem checks, Gordon. I'd rather read a Hotnickkkk post than your drivel.

OK, I read the column. I don't get what your beef is. It wasn't pulitzer prize material, but it wasn't that bad, and he did legitimately discuss the things the Jazz are trying to do differently this year, with examples. I was confused by his one sentence: "Here’s what wasn’t with the Jazz:"

Does he mean this wasn't in the game? His following comments suggest this is not what he meant.

So, he means this is what wasn't last year. Kind of inartfully said.

I'm still baffled why you've got your panties in a bunch over this column.

I may lurk on this site... But Gordon Monson must lurk in some very dark places. This is not a critique of his journalism or his show. I have had some discreet encounters with Mr. Monson that he is probably not aware of. Two times... mark it. Two times I have been crop dusted by Gordon Monson in the airport. Once I was cornered on a bus taking me to the parking lot. The other, I was standing in line. I was physically disabled by the horrific smell he unleashed unto the world. I am convinced he must be a Luciferian Illuminati because the demon he birthed onto this plane almost choked me to death. In fact, I burned the clothes I was wearing and hired an exorcist to rid me of the beast. He may be a gentleman on the radio, but the filth he spews from his bowells is what you must fear.
Lol
Post moar

I like him on the radio more than I expected. I never really liked his columns, so was disappointed that they paired him up with Spence Checketts. But I like the Big Show with those two, especially the "Gordon's List" weekly thing.

Monson is not that great, but there are far worse out there. I really like Checketts though. The local sports personality that I dislike the most by far is Tony Parks. It is not even close.

Not all that bad an article, I found this quote by Lindsey quite cool:

"An open shot not taken is like a guy not getting back on defense," Dennis Lindsey recently said.

Monson is not that great, but there are far worse out there. I really like Checketts though. The local sports personality that I dislike the most by far is Tony Parks. It is not even close.

I also don't especially like Tony Parks. He's impressive with his impressions, but other than that doesn't usually have much interesting to say.

I like Monson. I think he is one of the better local sports radio personalities we have in this market

My favorites are

Kyle Gunther. His ramblings are pretty funny.
Hans Olson. Sometimes a little dumb. But a good dude.
Monson
That sorta new guy...I think his name is Montey or he works with Montey. Not sure. Anyways he's been pretty good so far.

The rest kinda suck. Not funny or smart. PK and Locke especially. Hearing them talk is like nails down a chalkboard.

I like Monson. I think he is one of the better local sports radio personalities we have in this market

My favorites are

Kyle Gunther. His ramblings are pretty funny.
Hans Olson. Sometimes a little dumb. But a good dude.
Monson
That sorta new guy...I think his name is Montey or he works with Montey. Not sure. Anyways he's been pretty good so far.

The rest kinda suck. Not funny or smart. PK and Locke especially. Hearing them talk is like nails down a chalkboard.
I like gunther and hans too.

I hate pk.

Gunther is my favorite BY FAR. It's not even close

I'm exactly the opposite. I liked his columns and writing style at first, but then he got his radio gig and I found him to be such an arrogant snob, and also somewhat unknowledgable (even though that isn't a word). I hate the way he tries to talk sophisticated sometimes (he gets this annoying tone in his voice) and I especially hate it when he gives love advice. I also dislike it when he gets on his high horse about not being a fan. In addition, I think his writing style has gotten very tired. The bottom line is that nowadays he really rubs me the wrong way and I usually avoid listening to his program, though I do enjoy Spence Checketts.

He's the most honest of the local personalities even if that means he takes the antagonist role in a debate too often (maybe that's because pessimism is closer to realism than blind optimism is).
This is the way a pessimist sees the world. An optimist would say almost the opposite (though I think your inclusion of the word "blind" is odd, as if you believe pessimistic people have their eyes open and optimistic people do not).