What's new

Greatest Horror Films most ppl don’t know about

One Cut of the Dead. Japanese horror comedy, but do not under any circumstances look up anything about it before hand or the second half of the movie will get completely ruined.

Just finished The Stepfather. Can’t recall if I saw that as a kid or not. Decent. I’d give it a C. Terry O’Quinn (Locke from Lost) does a nice job as the crazy *** stepfather. His new wife couldn’t act much better than a shovel and the daughter does a fair Jennifer Connelly impersonation. I liked seeing the douchy future brother-in-law from A River Runs Through It as the civilian sleuth almost hero. In any case, 90 minutes later and I guess I was entertained. The alternative was to toss and turn for a couple of hours.

On to Slumber Party Massacre now. Just started. An actual line: “I think your **** are getting bigger.” One female friend to another as they shower. Ah, the 80’s. Good ****ing times.

The camera panned down to one chick’s bare *** while she showered and then back up. No reason for it whatsoever. Lol.

Okay, how does this drill work? It’s clearly not electric since it’s not plugged in. Did/do they make drills like that powered by gas? Anyone? I guess it’s battery operated.

Last edited:
This thread makes me long for another Eli Roth (i think thats his name) movie. Hereditary and Midsommer were masterpieces. Cant do it any better.

Unrelated to this thread but I watched The Suicide Squad (the new one) yesterday and its pretty awesome. A million times better than the first one.

I watched The Suicide Squad (the new one) yesterday and its pretty awesome. A million times better than the first one.
Very much agree with this, but I kept wanting to see when Gunn wrote this script because it felt very much like he had the COVID lab-leak in his head. I think the story predated the pandemic but it was close enough that it had me wondering.

Very much agree with this, but I kept wanting to see when Gunn wrote this script because it felt very much like he had the COVID lab-leak in his head. I think the story predated the pandemic but it was close enough that it had me wondering.
I see what you mean. There seem to be some parallels

On to Slumber Party Massacre now.
If Slumber Party Massacre is what you had in mind with "Greatest Horror Films", have you heard of The VelociPastor?

After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas.