What's new

GT: Jazz @ Rockets. Thursday 6 pm MT.

Well our offense is reliant on Hayward, and Kahwi Leonard absolutely shuts him down most matches, so yeah, I think we matchup better with the Warriors.
If they can handle Lebron in a series, I think they can handle Hayward.

They will also get healthy Barnes back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If they can handle Lebron in a series, I think they can handle Hayward.

They will also get healthy Barnes back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The argument in question isn't that the Jazz can win the series, dude. It's who would the Jazz get the least embarrassed by between the two teams.

And that's probably the Warriors.

I just feel like there is something exploitable about the Warriors lack of size given our big lineup. I'm not saying we would expose them, but we have a chance. The Spurs counter everything we do by doing it better and having bigger/longer defenders.

It was wonderful to see Gobert back. Damn I've missed him. Hopefully Favors is back in a game or two, and we can start to get this postseason push going.

The sample size is way too small to be certain. Both games against SA the Jazz played like ****, while one game against GS we were in top form. But at the end of the day, even if those 2 games were good indication of how we match up, it isn't much of a silver lining, let alone a "blessing in disguise".
The sample size is bigger than 2 games since we have played both teams in past seasons with similar rosters.
And no one is saying anything is certain.
People just think the jazz match up better with one team than the other due to the result from playing those teams. It's not a big deal really. No one is thinking "I hope we get to play the warriors in round one cause we will kick their ***!" It's more of a pick your poison thing and some folks choose the poison of the warriors over the poison of the spurs

I just feel like there is something exploitable about the Warriors lack of size given our big lineup. I'm not saying we would expose them, but we have a chance. The Spurs counter everything we do by doing it better and having bigger/longer defenders.

I've always thought the Jazz COULD have posed a potential mismatch with the Warriors with Exum. Without Exum, not so sure.

Well these two Rockets games tell me that the Jazz are better than the Rockets. Injured and crippled as we are they still needed luck and home court to eek out wins.

A fully healthy Jazz team competes with the Mavs and Clippers IMO.

Well these two Rockets games tell me that the Jazz are better than the Rockets. Injured and crippled as we are they still needed luck and home court to eek out wins.

A fully healthy Jazz team competes with the Mavs and Clippers IMO.

that is also not a completely healthy Rocket team, they are missing Dmo, Dwight Howard and Ty Lawson

that is also not a completely healthy Rocket team, they are missing Dmo, Dwight Howard and Ty Lawson

Ty Lawson being out is a good thing for Houston. Dude has the 3rd worst RPM in the league amongst PG's. To say he's been a disaster on the Rockets would be an understatement.

Also worth mentioning that Dwight Howard played 41 minutes in the first game at Utah.

Howard played the first game. And losing Ty Lawson is a + not a -

Gobert, Favors, Burks, Exum and a little Hood > DMO and a some Howard

Nobody else thought that on Hood's injury if it was the other way around it would've been a foul?

I mean the Jazz got called for what 4 or 5 fouls in one game on 3pt shots and none had nearly as much contact as Hood's injury. The very reason they made an emphases on that call (3 pt shot) is for the exact reason of what happened and resulted from that play, so players don't land on the defender and get hurt. So not sure if it is a sad irony that as many fouls against the Jazz this year have been called on the 3pt shot and majority was not as bad as that AND that the player that gets more fouls drawn with the least amount of contact is the player that caused the injury.

Yes if you can't tell I'm a bit pissed. I'm fine if it is decided that you can play defense, I'd be more for it really BUT currently that is not how it's been called against the Jazz all season nor is it how Harden is officiated, so you know what..... never mind wont say it don't want to get fract.

X-Rays on the ankle of jazz shooting guard Rodney Hood are negative, the Salt Lake Tribune has learned. He is expected to be day-to-day

woah thank god

Sent from the JazzFanz app

X-Rays on the ankle of jazz shooting guard Rodney Hood are negative, the Salt Lake Tribune has learned. He is expected to be day-to-day

woah thank god

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I was informed that this was Dhanvantari's handywork.

with these many injuries I think of our training staff, our practice schedule.

Is there something we are doing or not doing that is contributing to this mess ?

Maybe Snyder is pushing them over the top at times. But you need to push it to gain success. Injuries happen. Sure there are always reasons, but if the fate is gonna strike you down, there is no escape from it. Worst nightmare of any athlete. But it happens. I trust the staff. They are hard working people.