What's new

Guess There's No Neto

Sexual Favors

@TJonesTrib
Raul Neto - a point guard out of Brazil - will NOT play with the Jazz in next month's summer league, sources inform The Salt Lake Tribune

There is a sliver of hope, since this reporter is often wrong. But, it doesn't look good.

I think he could still be on the Jazz this season even if he doesn't play in Summer League. I am hoping they bring him over this year.

Tough to run 3 point guards with a combined 1 year of experience in the NBA, but not impossible...

True. But what's the alternative? JLIII doesn't help on court, and Garrett is just as inexperienced.

This only makes sense if the Jazz are not on planning or able to keep Trey. The Jazz don't want to start Neto's NBA clock yet not knowing if Trey will stay or go. IF Trey leaves or wants too much or the Jazz can't afford him then they let him walk or trade him and then bring over Neto to backup Exum.

However, I think it is nonsense to have guys like Lucas on the team either way. I would rather keep Garrett.

This only makes sense if the Jazz are not on planning or able to keep Trey. The Jazz don't want to start Neto's NBA clock yet not knowing if Trey will stay or go. IF Trey leaves or wants too much or the Jazz can't afford him then they let him walk or trade him and then bring over Neto to backup Exum.

However, I think it is nonsense to have guys like Lucas on the team either way. I would rather keep Garrett.

I don't think Trey has to go to bring Neto over, and I doubt the Jazz see it that way. I think it has to do with being too young, and putting too much pressure on a rookie coach. Discussions are still ongoing. The debate about when to start his NBA clock is real though.

And, why do you want Garrett? He had a 17.6% assist rate coupled with a 21.7 TOV% . He also only shot 38% on his 2 pters, couldn't defend, and only went to the line 0.6 times per 36. That is atrocious even for a 3rd string PG on a bad team.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/garredi02.html

I don't think Trey has to go to bring Neto over, and I doubt the Jazz see it that way. I think it has to do with being too young, and putting too much pressure on a rookie coach. Discussions are still ongoing. The debate about when to start his NBA clock is real though.

And, why do you want Garrett? He had a 17.6% assist rate coupled with a 21.7 TOV% . He also only shot 38% on his 2 pters, couldn't defend, and only went to the line 0.6 times per 36. That is atrocious even for a 3rd string PG on a bad team.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/garredi02.html

Its not so much that we want Garrett... Its that we really want Anyone But JL3

I'd posted this last night but this is a great place to repost it:

Jody Genessy: Raul Neto will play on the Jazz's Summer League squad, but the addition of Dante Exum all but guarantees he'll play in Spain next year

What exactly has Tony been often wrong about? His reporting of the Utes was always accurate.

Two things that come to mind in last month:

1. Blew up Walt Perin's comment that FO sees Favors as 5. Read too much into it and wrote in one of his articles, and went on 1280 saying that this was subtext for the Jazz wanting to get rid of Kanter. Said we would draft Vonleh to replace Kanter.
2. Was trying to say both Vonleh and Randle were at the top of our big board, and Gordon wasn't.

I'd posted this last night but this is a great place to repost it:

Jody Genessy: Raul Neto will play on the Jazz's Summer League squad, but the addition of Dante Exum all but guarantees he'll play in Spain next year

Saw this as well, but it is just Jody's opinion. Last Rigby and Dennis interview I heard had both of them saying they were high on Neto and considering what to do. I could see Exum replacing Garrett as the big guard in rotation, this increasing Neto's chances, as much as I can see it hurting his chances. Think it's still 50/50.

Saw this as well, but it is just Jody's opinion. Last Rigby and Dennis interview I heard had both of them saying they were high on Neto and considering what to do. I could see Exum replacing Garrett as the big guard in rotation, this increasing Neto's chances, as much as I can see it hurting his chances. Think it's still 50/50.

Of course but this is an appropriate place for that. His opinion in a thread full of them lol.