What's new

Gun Control

Hey look, I come from a country where owning any kind of guns is forbidden, a country that's going down the drain with a horrible immigration policy and a more and more corrupt gov't by the day. That's why I got my *** out of there, leaving family and friends behind. I came to what I thought was the 'land of the free', only to witness the 'wussification' of America with those kind of views.

But there isn't always.
Ever hunted pheasants, ducks, grouse, dove, chuckers, etc?
When hunting birds you are often shooting at your target while in flight.

Also you can shoot at a duck with a shotgun while it's on the water and have the bullets ricochet off the water. (I have first hand experience with this. I got hit with some bbs from a shotgun shell after the bbs hit the water and ricochet)

When hunting it's quite hard to always have the ideal background when you fire your weapon.

As for self defense..... in the heat of the moment when someone is trying to kill you, most people are just trying to stay alive and focusing on the target rather than the background. (You might be the rare exception)

Accidents do happen

Haha, probably not. I've never been in a gun fight and I hope I never am. I'm currently lacking the equipment to hold up my end if I did have occasion to be in one. I'd probably **** my pants and empty my magazine without realizing it if I was ever in an actual gun fight.

Haha, probably not. I've never been in a gun fight and I hope I never am. I'm currently lacking the equipment to hold up my end if I did have occasion to be in one. I'd probably **** my pants and empty my magazine without realizing it if I was ever in an actual gun fight.

Lol
Me too. The idea is sound, but the execution would be difficult

Too many people seem to be far too trigger-happy and far too irresponsible in the care and use of the guns they own. But hopefully natural selection will take care of that problem.

So yeah, the problem will eventually solve itself!

In the meantime, let's all speak with as much hyperbole as we can muster.
(see what I did there?)

speaking of natural selection helping to resolve some of these problems, I think that Las Vegas road rage incident is a prime example...

kudos to Tammy what's-her-name for going home to get her son and his gun and going out to look for that other driver

I imagine the final outcome was well-beyond her wildest expectations

speaking of natural selection helping to resolve some of these problems, I think that Las Vegas road rage incident is a prime example...

kudos to Tammy what's-her-name for going home to get her son and his gun and going out to look for that other driver

I imagine the final outcome was well-beyond her wildest expectations

Yeah, tons of poor judgment to go around on that one. Sad result but no real innocent parties there.

They said the son's gun was registered but I'm not sure if he had a concealed carry permit or what Nevada's laws are regarding having a loaded gun in a vehicle. Either way, even if he was within the law to have a loaded gun on his person in a vehicle I think these sorts of "armed pursuits" should be addressed legally and it should be made clear to armed America that you cannot arm yourself and then go looking for trouble then claim self defense when you find it (ala, Zimmerman).