What's new

Guys we should take a look at over the summer

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
I hope we don't already have a thread this should have been posted in .. if so, please move it, mods.

Couple of PG's I think we should look at to be 2nd/3rd string guys .. Ish Smith and Devan Downey. I was always surprised neither did more. I'm still not sure whether I just over-valued them coming out of college or they just never got into the right situation.

Who else (especially PG's) you got that is not currently on a team and could be had for the minimum?

Who is Devan Downey? I liked Ish Smith when he played for the Rockets? However, I am more worried about our starting PG than our 3rd string. I liked Charles Jenkins and Isiah Thomas coming out of college. Both our on 2nd round rookie contracts so maybe the Jazz should look at them when they come available.

Who is Devan Downey? I liked Ish Smith when he played for the Rockets? However, I am more worried about our starting PG than our 3rd string. I liked Charles Jenkins and Isiah Thomas coming out of college. Both our on 2nd round rookie contracts so maybe the Jazz should look at them when they come available.

Devan Downey played for South Carolina and led the SEC in scoring. He torched UK the year we had Wall and Cousins and led USCjr to the only regular season loss that year. Fast as hell, great shot, clutch .. but a midget at only 5'9, I think.

I really liked Isaiah Thomas as well ..

Not a complete idea so keep that in mind but here goes.

Do not resign Miles or Howard. Trade out Harris, Watson, Bell and Big Al.

Go after Steve Nash, Brandon Rush and James Harden. Draft Marshall.

Resign Tinsley, Carroll and Evans.

That gives us: Favors, Millsap, Kanter, Evans, Hayward, Rush, Tinsley, Nash, Marshall, Harden, Burks

Getting a 3rd string C/PF and another SF are needed. Thoughts?

Not a complete idea so keep that in mind but here goes.

Do not resign Miles or Howard. Trade out Harris, Watson, Bell and Big Al.

Go after Steve Nash, Brandon Rush and James Harden. Draft Marshall.

Resign Tinsley, Carroll and Evans.

That gives us: Favors, Millsap, Kanter, Evans, Hayward, Rush, Tinsley, Nash, Marshall, Harden, Burks

Getting a 3rd string C/PF and another SF are needed. Thoughts?

I like the way you think. I would try to do the same but I would draft Lillard. The only problem with the way you and I think is that its dreaming and not reality. When you trade players you usually pick up players of equal value. So when we trade harris, Watson, Bell and Big Al we end up with other players that cost us the same, leaving no room for Nash or Harden. You'd have to trade big Al and Harris to a team way under the cap or amnesty one of them to be able to afford Nash or Harden. Moreover, we don't have a draft pick at all in this draft as of right now.

Assuming a team way under the cap picked up Al and Harris, it would take a max offer to pry Harden away from OKC and at least 10 if not 12 million to get Nash from Phoenix. Reality sucks.

Can I insert James fredette into the conversation. He could come in play 10 min shoot 2 3 pt shots hit 33% of them and the next 3 yrs Greg miller makes a killing.

Can I insert James fredette into the conversation. He could come in play 10 min shoot 2 3 pt shots hit 33% of them and the next 3 yrs Greg miller makes a killing.

I think everyone wants to avoid that scenario at all cost. I can only imagine the crowd chanting "Jimmer" as he sits on the bench every game.