What's new

Happy Thanksgiving 2020!

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I'll start by saying that the origins of Thanksgiving are not forefront in my mind. This is a holiday I've grown up with that I love. I love what this holiday IS today. This is the least comercial major holiday in the U.S.. This is a day for being thoughtful, appreciative and humble. We all need that at least one day a year.

For me, as a person who grew up in a household that revolved around cooking, this was the superbowl of holidays. Yeah sure, Solstice (Christmas analog) morning my mom would make Almond Puff Pastry, and it was amazing. On Spring Equinox (Easter analog) my mom would make Dutch Babies.

It was so incredibly good in my house pretty much all the time as far as good food was concerned. My Dad cooked a lot of the summer specialties, BBQ, Dolmathes, Pork Souvlaki, Spaghetti, Smashed Brick Sandwich. Everything he made was better than any other version of that thing I've ever had. Not exaggerating, just facts.

But my father's favorite holiday, by a lot, was Thanksgiving. My mother and father, both ridiculously good cooks, pulled out all the stops and spent all day making traditional American Thanksgiving food.

My family ate together at the dinner table at least 5 nights a week, eating home made food most of the time. This was something my parents must have committed to before I was born. It was clearly very important to them. It was something that was consistent through my entire life living with them. I spent a lot of my time hanging out with them in the Kitchen as I was growing up. It was the happiest place in our house, the happiest memories from my childhood.

Anyway, this is a holiday that means a lot to me. It's a day that I now use to appreciate two of the most amazing people I've ever known. My Mom and Papa. I will miss them this Thanksgiving, but I will remember them and be thankful for everything they taught me.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope all of us can enjoy a better 2021, but I hope all of us remember 2020.

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. Sucks that im not spending it with my family this year due to covid but thats ok, i still have so much to be thankful for and I get paid while im home with my awesome wife and perfect daughter (and dog and cat).

Will still be having great food and watching football and having fun.
My family is planning on doing a big make up dinner sometime in 2021 after we hopefully get a better handle on covid.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app