What's new

Hardy is the coach of the year, regardless of what the official outcome is

JazzFever

I propose a new nickname for him: (Hard) Cash

You literally should never bet against him.

Great article discussing the culture he has built:

I propose a new nickname for him: (Hard) Cash

You literally should never bet against him.

Great article discussing the culture he has built:

I’m a jazzfan and even I know this is dumb, yes he did a great job but no one wants to see a coach with a losing record win, and if the jazz were winning a lot this year and some underachiever won winning 36 games I’d be pissed. I get it. The award should go to a coach and team that is going somewhere. I mean Sloan should’ve won the year John and Karl left when they went 42-40 with AK47 as the top player and Harpring sustaining a season ending injury.

I do wonder what our record and seed would have been if hardy didnt have the rug pulled out from under him. I bet we could have finished 5th. Maybe even 4th.

Hardy is phenomenal

he didn't bring him along slow. he forced him to watch vets and do film study while they were trying to win. That is coach of the year stuff? no it's chalk behavior of a rookie head coach not wanting to stir the pot with the roster putting rookies who are ready ahead of vets who are proven.
Slow in terms of playing time. He resisted fan pressure to rush the shiny new object into playing time. Your narrative about not wanting to stir the pot is, umm, ****ing stupid.

Slow in terms of playing time. He resisted fan pressure to rush the shiny new object into playing time. Your narrative about not wanting to stir the pot is, umm, ****ing stupid.
I am just ****ing with you smh
Hardy is actually the reason I started following the Jazz this season

This will be interesting to see how things play out over the next couple of years. Guys played extremely well when finally given the opportunity but most of the time it was management forcing Hardy's hand as well as injuries to actually get guys like Ochai, THT and Simone into the rotation. Then you have management finding another gem in Kris Dunn who was awesome the second he stepped on the court for us. We also saw him force feed an absolutely horrible Rudy Gay minutes for most of the season instead of giving Simone those minutes. Once Simone was finally was given those minutes he started show quite a bit of potential. Having said all that I think Hardy has clearly shown that he is able to get guys to play extremely hard for him which isn't the case for a lot of coaches and his offensive system is very flexible depending on the talent that he has available. He also did a great job with Lauri and building off the confidence that he gained from dominating last summer. Lauri always had the talent of a star player but never had the confidence and green light to take it to that level. Now he knows he belongs and Hardy is a big reason for that. He also did a tremendous job with Kessler. Walker got better and better as the year went on and was put in a great position as a rim runner and roll man to have an impact offensively. I do think it is very important that we take Hardy's opinion seriously when it comes to draft picks though because if guys aren't Hardy guys then I'm not sure he will make an effort to get them in the rotation.