What's new

Hardy Makes Me More Frustrated W/ Snyder

I was once given advice to never wait once you knew an employee needed to be let go. I have found it more true over years of experience. I have been forced to let some of my best talent go multiple times and it always scared the hell out of me. The results in each of those were Similar to the Jazz. What appeared to be lesser talent rose to the occasion and the company climbed to new heights.

It really makes me question what might have been if Snyder were let go after the infamous clippers series. The unwillingness to make adjustments was enough for me back then.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app

I was once given advice to never wait once you knew an employee needed to be let go. I have found it more true over years of experience. I have been forced to let some of my best talent go multiple times and it always scared the hell out of me. The results in each of those were Similar to the Jazz. What appeared to be lesser talent rose to the occasion and the company climbed to new heights.

It really makes me question what might have been if Snyder were let go after the infamous clippers series. The unwillingness to make adjustments was enough for me back then.

I think the problem, until the last year or 2, was mostly laid at the feet of DL and his asset-wasting "team building" that gave us nothing we needed. Once we had it settle for a bit then we could see that Snyder just didn't have a clue. For the longest time we rode the "underdog" wave of Snyder the genius getting so much out of a limited squad with such young players. Once the focus shifted and he had to get that same team to produce as hardened vets his short-comings became all too visible. He hid behind DLs incompetence for years before his own incompetence came to light. Kind of like what you are saying here about getting rid of the guy that needs to go then someone rising to the occasion, but in this case it was getting rid of the guy that needed to go and then uncovering the crappy performance that was hiding behind that guy. I have seen that happen in business settings too, especially when the guy that needs to go is in the top leadership spot. Other incompetence hides behind his and isn't exposed until he is gone.

Snyder was an elite coach, but never showed he could get his team over the hump in the playoffs. Hardy has done a good job coaching a team with no expectations to a surprising 6 game start of the season. I don't think it's fair to really compare them at this point.

Fans are typically way over reactive to very limited information and want to make changes with every piece of data that confirms their biases. Snyder had gotten to the point where he was so stubborn he wasn't going to make changes even though there was ample evidence to support a change was needed. Obviously a good coach will give something enough time to play out before making changes, but as soon as it has played out do what it takes to correct it.

Blowing up the team essentially gives Snyder a pass. I've hated Snyder from day one and have said so. It would have been interesting to see what Hardy would have done with the Gobert/Mitchell squad. That said, I'm happy with the teams offseason moves.

I loved QS at first. You could tell he was patiently teaching a system and it did work. He just had a terrible flaw in refusing to adjust. Its like the system was so successful he was lulled to sleep and never had any other tricks, so once it was defeated he lived in denial for over a season when he probably could afford to do it for 2 playoff games before he tried something else.

I loved QS at first. You could tell he was patiently teaching a system and it did work. He just had a terrible flaw in refusing to adjust. Its like the system was so successful he was lulled to sleep and never had any other tricks, so once it was defeated he lived in denial for over a season when he probably could afford to do it for 2 playoff games before he tried something else.

Quin took what was given to him and created a perfect system for it. The talent on the roster did not lend itself to adjustments being made. He's like Coach Bud. Coach Bud got roasted for not making adjustments in Atlanta, but his roster was not talented enough to achieve outside of the system. I think the same is the case for Utah. I do think in the off-season Quin could have emphasized things more/less (like Clarkson being more of a playmaker, not a pure gunner).