What's new

Harold Ramis (1944-2014)

RIP. One of my favorite movie guys of all time. Made some of the most memorable stuff ever.

I would say that Harold Ramis is top 3-5 all time for people who have made me laugh. My high school/college days were non-stop "Animal House", "Caddyshack", "Stripes", "Vacation", "Ghostbusters", etc.

Son-of-bitch....****

Thanks for the laughs.

Yeah Groundhog day is probably one of if not the most perfect movie (tying into the Perfect Movie thread) ever made. Everything just fit, it worked so well, the writing was top-notch, great performances (except Andie McDowell....never could stand her, terrible actress, if you can call her that), and the timing is spot-on perfect. It really grows on you.

From wiki:

The critical opinion and popularity of Groundhog Day has significantly improved since its initial release, with the film currently holding a 97% "Certified Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes.[17] Roger Ebert revisited it in his "Great Movies" series.[18] After giving it a three-star rating in his original review,[19] Ebert acknowledged in his "Great Movies" essay that, like many viewers, he had initially underestimated the film's many virtues and only came to truly appreciate it through repeated viewings.