What's new

Harpring's TPE possibilities

Darkwing Duck

I'm looking at the possible players the Jazz could get with Harpring's TPE. I think the max they could get is a 6.6 million dollar salary.

I'm looking at the HoopsHype salary pages.

Boston-
Rasheed Wallace

Yelch.

NJ-
None.

New York-
Turiaf

Meh.

Philadelphia
Kapono (maybe. 6.641.440)
Willie Green
Lou Williams

Yeah right.

Toronto-
Reggie Evans

No.

Chicago-

None

Cleveland-

None really. Daniel Gibson is the best.

Detroit-
Jason Maxiell

Is this the best so far?

Indiana-
Jeff Foster (maybe 6.655.000)

Ah, if it's possible, there's someone that works.

Milwaukee-

None

Atlanta-
Bibby
Pachulia

Not great options here. Doubt Atlanta trades either.

Charlotte-
Diop

Pass.

Miami-

None (duh)

Orlando
Gortat
Pietrus

Best option so far. Team in luxury tax, so that makes this a possibility.

Washington-
Yi.

Not who the Jazz are looking for.

Dallas-

None

Houston-
Ariza

Doubt Houston drops him for a TPE.

Memphis-

None, really. Conley is the only one at all.

NO-
Posey.

Eh. I'd decline

San Antonio-

None

Denver-
J.R. Smith

Not bloody likely.

Minnesota-
Webster
Sessions

Neither is going to happen

Portland-

None

OKC-
Collison
Mo. Pete

Both are expiring so won't happen.

GSW-

None

L.A. Clippers

None

L.A. Lakers
Artest

Won't happen

Phoenix-

None

Sacramento-
Garcia
Udrih (maybe, 6.655.000)

Meh.

Out of the list, only Gortat and Foster are anywhere near ideal.

This list doesn't include players who haven't signed yet and may get traded. So at least we can hope there, right?

That's depressing. What is that list? I know it doesn't reach down to the low levels, but is it complete for all players on all teams close to Harp's salary?

Gortat could have possibly just become more likely...Bulls have signed JJ Redick to an offer sheet. SVG raved about him a week or so, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Magic dump Gortat to be able to match it.

The Bulls have extended an offer sheet to restricted free agent J.J. Redick.

A league source said "it would be painful for the Magic to match."

Yahoo! is reporting that Redick's offer sheet would be worth $19 million over three seasons.

Read more: https://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_..._painful_offer_sheet_to_redick/#ixzz0tFY985nU

They just signed Redick to an offer after getting Korver? Maybe to much of a good thing there Chicago.

Gortat could have possibly just become more likely...Bulls have signed JJ Redick to an offer sheet. SVG raved about him a week or so, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Magic dump Gortat to be able to match it.

Let's hope there isn't a bidding war for him. Lots of teams with space to take him. Jazz don't have much to offer. They already shipped a second rounder to Chicago. Memphis pick really isn't worth taking on 6+ million for another 4 years.

Let's hope there isn't a bidding war for him. Lots of teams with space to take him. Jazz don't have much to offer. They already shipped a second rounder to Chicago. Memphis pick really isn't worth taking on 6+ million for another 4 years.

True, there is. But, you would have to think the Jazz are desperate to make a move after how this off-season has unfolded so far. I guess we'll see...

Bass could also be an option if I understand this TPE stuff correctly, his contract is a bit more friendly (4 mil per 2 or 3 seasons).

I don't think the word Desperate and Jazz belong in the same sentence. I would assume the Jazz are exactly where they thought they'd be. They expected Boozer to leave, they weren't signing KK and Matthews was going to be their #1 priority?

What happened to make you think the Jazz are desperate?

I don't think the word Desperate and Jazz belong in the same sentence. I would assume the Jazz are exactly where they thought they'd be. They expected Boozer to leave, they weren't signing KK and Matthews was going to be their #1 priority?

What happened to make you think the Jazz are desperate?

They have said publicly that they need to make some moves. They know they need to keep Deron happy. He won't like losing Boozer and Korver. I guess desperate may not be the right word, but maybe a greater sense of urgency...

They have said publicly that they need to make some moves. They know they need to keep Deron happy. He won't like losing Boozer and Korver. I guess desperate may not be the right word, but maybe a greater sense of urgency...

I tend to agree with you. It is getting to the point of desperation. I can see a LeBron like decision coming from Deron if we don't make some major moves to get this team better than it is now.