What's new

Has any progress been made from last year to this year at this point?

Has any progress been made?

• Yay

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • Wheres the bar slores??

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
NONE
i used to care about this "new and improved" al jefferson led basketball.

but now i'm hoping for it to crash and burn.
and a phoenix will rise from the ashes

I do think we have a coaching problem. It's one thing for Corbin to give guys minutes and see what he's got to work with, but we should be well past that by now.

We are over 100 games past what should have been a legit rebuilding moment. We've largely wasted our time in those 100 games.

I voted no, but last night on the radio Jazz President Randy Rigby said that progress had been made, and when Gordon Monson said really? Randy said, Yes, really.

So I am probably wrong.

I voted no, but last night on the radio Jazz President Randy Rigby said that progress had been made, and when Gordon Monson said really? Randy said, Yes, really.

So I am probably wrong.
If the arbiter of basketball says so, than it must be so.

So I am probably wrong.

Did he provide any examples of the progress made? I believe that there are examples of individual improvements but overall as a team I see no improvement. I believe that we are in the same place we were last year. We keep hearing about how young the Jazz team is and that the team will get better but we don't play the youngsters so the excuse does not hold water.

So I am probably wrong.
Jazz did make progress...Ty was given an extension. So we'll have no ?'s re: who is the coach for the next 5 years (unfortunately).

Rigby is part of the problem. When the same people are around nothing will change. These guys must be blind if they think anything has changed. If anything the team seems stuck in the mud and not moving forward at all.

Some of our key young guys have improved some (i.e. Favors, Kanter), and you could argue that we've added some needed pieces who can shoot, which we desperately needed. But all of those guys would do better in an actual half-court offense system, which we don't have.

So while the roster has improved (given a good system), and some of our players have improved individually because of off-season work & conditioning, the team hasn't improved at all. What does that tell you? Poor coaching. If we had an effective system, individual and roster improvement would help the whole team. Instead, we are wasting the pieces we have and they are not going to want to stay long.

Jazz did make progress...Ty was given an extension. So we'll have no ?'s re: who the coach is for the next 5 years (unfortunately).
Oh yeah, I forgot...when Randy heard the ? he thought he was being asked about progress being made on long-term extensions for Big Al and Paul. Those are just about done. Our "big three" will be Al, Paul and Mo. They'll all be locked up for the next 7 years. Of course, that will mean that like OKC, the Jazz will have to let one of their young stars walk (can't pay everyone), so say goodbye to Derrick. But no problem, Jazz can backfill with rookies and cheap vets.

i trhink the players have gotten better, but the offense that utah runs is so predictable.. thats when they run an offense that is... lol.. just a predictable team to beat. out coach hasnt improved.