What's new

Have you experienced COVID?

What has been you experience with COVID?

• Family member had positive test

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • I had positive test

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Had symptoms of covid then tested positive.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Nothing yet thank goodness.

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
If you've already had it then a standard nose swab won't show it. It needs to be a blood test at that point, check for antigens.

Yes, that's how my sister in law found out she had it - however my brother's blood did not show the presence of any anitgens. They hypothesized that my brother got it and gave it to his wife. And the amount of time elapsed where it would not be detectable in my brother's blood.

This seems plausible being my brother works in NYC at a very high risk job (elevator inspector) whereas his wife works from home full time - even before this started.

If my wife and I contracted it in February, the standard antigen test would certainly show as negative at this point.

One of my old friends, who I was pretty close with back in grade school/high school, dad passed away from it.

A good friend of mine in our ward and his wife had it. She was sick but not seriously ill. He, on the other hand, was hospitalized, admitted to the icu, barely escaped being put on a respirator. He eventually pulled through but still has breathing issues a month later. He is 50, a bit over weight but no other health conditions. We thought we were going to lose him.

Long time family friends of my wife’s family (her late brother is named after him) had it, as well as his wife. They are in their late 60’s or early 70’s. He was already battling cancer. She was in the hospital for like a week. He was on a respirator for awhile, but eventually pulled through. Two of their sons had it. One got so sick he was hospitalized for a brief time, the other said he felt like he had a chest cold.
It’s truly amazing how different it can be with different people, even in the same family.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app