What's new

Hawks fan as you guys all know: What do you want to know about John Collins

NBASupes

My take is gonna shine in Utah. 20/12 to 25/10
Defense is going to be a mix bag but he will have moments.

I think All-Star is possible but unlikely. No, there was no chance he was going this next year in Atlanta. Even with Quin, the personnel just wasn't in his favor.

Thanks for coming over. Do you think his finger needs to be amputated like many on here are suggesting? And do you think he will regain his 3 point shot?
The Hawks fans who say that are usually the idiot JC stans who are trying to cop pleas when people like me said that contract was horrendous for JC's prototype. They tried to say, well he's a good player but with his prototype, even if you are a good player, he's too easy to expose like Julius Randle. Not worth it. AT ALL. I wanted him traded before we gave him the 2nd contract.

His catch radius is still elite and his shooting percentages in all other areas was basically the same. What hurt his 3pt percentage was lack of touches. He just wasn't getting quality touches anymore. When we lost Kevin, we lost spacing and since it became harder for Trae to get off, he spammed the 1/5 PnR with Clint even more because Clint is a very good screener. JC is a flare/slip-the-screen guy. So JC became Dre Hunter 2.0 and just touched the ball to end possessions and if you know JC, that's not his game. He needs rhythm which he had in previous years but not last year. I actually thought the shot wasn't looking bad, especially at the end of the season. He just wasn't in rhythm. He even mentioned it in a presser which I laughed about because I told Hawk fans his struggles was touches based, not the finger.

The finger was an issue as well as the knee last year against Miami but not this year. He was healthy for the most part. More so than most of our team.

Wasn’t it his ring finger? I’m pretty sure I shoot with more control with my index and middle finger. I think this is the case for most shooters, I don’t see how having a support finger slightly deranged would affect a shot so significantly. Especially after healing.

If anything, it would be to do with his nervous system. That’s just my take, I could be wrong about his shooting and control with his ring finger but I have a hard time believing that.

I already know about him, especially the improvement he made last year as a locker room leader. That's the type of **** we need. We got Murray but we need an OG too.

You guys got a really good player. He single handedly won the other team… I mean us games last year.

Would he buy in and fit our team first culture?
JC's best NBA skill is the fact that he's an elite movement big for a PF. That's his best skill. He can really move. We didn't have the best ball movement for reasons you all know about but he can really move off the ball and is an excellent finisher. I would love to see him in a player movement system like what Utah did last year. I think he will shine. I know the PnR gave him a tremendous PPP on that play with Trae but I honestly don't think it's that effective in the grand scheme and think it can be more of a hindrance than a strength if spammed.

It was something we didn't know he had when we drafted him. He was mainly just a rim-rolling big, tremendous finisher in the post, with tremendous offensive motor, who's a decent rim protector. Great rebounder who has the rare catching ability and catch radius for a Basketball player. He really gave us that as a strength. He also improved his range from college to the pros. Offensively, he's very good.

Wasn’t it his ring finger? I’m pretty sure I shoot with more control with my index and middle finger. I think this is the case for most shooters, I don’t see how having a support finger slightly deranged would affect a shot so significantly. Especially after healing.

If anything, it would be to do with his nervous system. That’s just my take, I could be wrong about his shooting and control with his ring finger but I have a hard time believing that.
It's not a big deal. His finger is fine in terms of his ability to play and produce.

Like I said, idiot JC stans like running with it to save face with people like me who were on their asses when we said it was a terrible contract and he didn't deserve it.

…so he’s good with his hands. That should excite some posters around here

Does he dish as well as he catches?