What's new

Hayward --> Bench

No really. I like him but he doesnt fit within a line up with Al. I think he would have even better numbers off the bench, and give our bench a boost.

Ty is a smart coach. He'll figure it out.

yer funny

Of all of the Jazz starters I think Hayward is the one who would take being moved to the bench the best. The problem is that he's not the one that needs to go, it's Marvin. Marvin is an offensive minded player who is behind Al, Millsap, and Mo in the offense. He would be better served in the second unit being a primary scorer while Kanter and Favors play defense and get hustle buckets. Even better, he could back up both the 3 and the 4 which gives him plenty of time on the floor.

Wrong direction for Ty IMO.

I do not know what happened since the Memphis game, but Hayward has been on a rapid decline since then.

Since the season is Over, I want MORE youth in the starting lineup,

...after only 8 games??? And they say I'm the negative one on this board!

Of all of the Jazz starters I think Hayward is the one who would take being moved to the bench the best. The problem is that he's not the one that needs to go, it's Marvin. Marvin is an offensive minded player who is behind Al, Millsap, and Mo in the offense. He would be better served in the second unit being a primary scorer while Kanter and Favors play defense and get hustle buckets. Even better, he could back up both the 3 and the 4 which gives him plenty of time on the floor.

I agree with moving Marvin to the bench, but not bringing Favors off of it.
I've wanted the Al, Favors, Millsap, Hayward, and Mo starting lineup all year, and it shows that it works well against most teams.
It's yet to be seen if Millsap can guard elite SF's like Lebron, but I'd love to see him give it a try.

Favors is demanding more and more time as he goes along, I'm not concerned when he starts, because eventually he will when he's ready. Not sure I can say the same for Kanter. He's lost a lot of the time on the floor, not reliable enough for a starter.

Reactions: MVP
Favors is demanding more and more time as he goes along, I'm not concerned when he starts, because eventually he will when he's ready. Not sure I can say the same for Kanter. He's lost a lot of the time on the floor, not reliable enough for a starter.

iawtp ^^^ this

Lol! AK......

LeBaron must be a new player I'm not familiar with. Also you forgot Durant, Gay, Pierce, Granger (now hurt), Deng, and sometimes Iguodala.

Thanks for filling that out for me, I totally forgot about The Durantula.... I love that nickname. Yes, and Gay, Pierce, Deng, Iggy, Faried, Kidd-Gilchrist, Batuman, Dunlefty, Budinger, Leonard, Young, Brewer, Brewer, Marion, Singler, Ariza, George, Pondexter, Turner, Webster, Prince, Delfino, Parsons, Peace, Novak, Barnes, Miller, Vesely, Green, Outlaw, R. Jefferson, and every other SF in the league. According to Hollinger the Jazz don't have a SF on the roster to rate in his stats.

By the way, C.J. Miles is at the very, very, very bottom of all SF rankings with a per of -3.61.

Saying Hayward is that bad is just absurd.
Hayward has a 13.5 per.

Sap, Favors, and Marv are listed as PF.

Jeff and Kanter are Centers.

Mo, Foye, and Tinsley are PG.

Burks does not qualify, Free Alec Burks! He's officially listed at PG, and has a -5.46 per. ouch.

They need to get with it and classify Burks at the 2, Foye at the 2, Marv at the 3... and call that good. C'mon Hollinger.