What's new

Hayward has agreed to an offer with Hornets

How do yall feel in-general about 'the Market' setting prices??

I for one am not a fan, though im a staunch believer that things are worth what people will pay for them.

My biggest issue is, if the market is overpaying everyone, why participate at-all ?

Is there something pressing? (the playoffs? need to fill seats?)

Knowing when to take your chips off the table is probably more important than getting the chips in the first place.
This is how i feel

@mellow
I thought Hayward's agent was Mark Bartlestein.

Yea, your right he is. So the joke doesn't make sense because 1- Bartlestein would never say "dude", and 2- he would never accept anything less than 10%.

Lol at Burks getting that much money.

The most he will be offered by anyone is 10 million, and that is high-balling it.

I would be surprised at anything beyond the MLE after this season, unless he learns to facilitate (a low probability). 3 & D can make hay, facilitators can make hay, but pure scorers without an outside shot don't.

Burks' agent knows this and will try to work an overpriced extension for Burks in the $7-8mm/yr range between now and Oct. 31st, but I doubt the Jazz see much priority in locking him up at all, and roll the dice.

I would be surprised at anything beyond the MLE after this season, unless he learns to facilitate (a low probability). 3 & D can make hay, facilitators can make hay, but pure scorers without an outside shot don't.

Burks' agent knows this and will try to work an overpriced extension for Burks in the $7-8mm/yr range between now and Oct. 31st, but I doubt the Jazz see much priority in locking him up at all, and roll the dice.

I'm glad someone else with sense sees what Burks really is. I really don't understand all the love for him on these boards.

It’s official. Gordon Hayward signed his offer sheet with the Charlotte Hornets, the team announced early Thursday morning, just hours after the NBA’s moratorium had lifted. The Utah Jazz will now have three days (until 9:59 p.m. MT on Sunday) to match the four-year, $63 million offer for the restricted free agent. Salt Lake Tribune -

It’s official. Gordon Hayward signed his offer sheet with the Charlotte Hornets, the team announced early Thursday morning, just hours after the NBA’s moratorium had lifted. The Utah Jazz will now have three days (until 9:59 p.m. MT on Sunday) to match the four-year, $63 million offer for the restricted free agent. Salt Lake Tribune -

Damn. I was hoping the Jazz would counter with $75/5. Small raises the second two seasons, small drops the final two.

How do yall feel in-general about 'the Market' setting prices??

I for one am not a fan, though im a staunch believer that things are worth what people will pay for them.

My biggest issue is, if the market is overpaying everyone, why participate at-all ?

Is there something pressing? (the playoffs? need to fill seats?)

Knowing when to take your chips off the table is probably more important than getting the chips in the first place.
I agree with this 100%.

Good post except for the part i quoted.

Hayward will actually be due for a pay raise and will probably get overpaid again by us or someone else

There will be fewer teams with cap space, and all the rookies from this great 2014 draft class will be on the free agent market. Hayward will be an afterthought in the market. He is not going to get the max again.

I agree with this 100%.

I'd really like to see the NBA's books. I have a feeling the owners are making a killing. With the revenue sharing, I bet the Jazz are making a nice profit (they were listed as 7th most profitable in a bad year). Not to mention the growing value of franchises in general.

I'd really like to see the NBA's books. I have a feeling the owners are making a killing. With the revenue sharing, I bet the Jazz are making a nice profit (they were listed as 7th most profitable in a bad year). Not to mention the growing value of franchises in general.

Oh I am sure that they are. So are the players.

Well, Greg, I expect you missed your daddy's lecture on how a business survives only if it provides a quality product at a competitive price.

Haha. With revenue sharing and the new tv deal, the Jazz will be making bank. A lot more than they ever made under LHM. Not that Greg is doing anything special, but NBA teams are thriving right now. Don't think the Jazz are going to have a hard time surviving.