What's new

Hayward has agreed to an offer with Hornets

No. Since money is the most important thing to Hayward, he was sulking last season because he thought his horrible play ruined his chances for a huge payday. Fortunately for him, his ****ty play last season did not prevent him from reaching his ultimate goal in life. I don't anticipate any sulking from Hayward next season.

To quote Burn Notice...every one here is acting like a bitchy little girl.

Haywards agent played the Jazz like a fiddle. Get over it.

With that said, Jazz should not match but they will because they can't get anyone worth a high salary to come here.

Sucks because Hayward can leave in 3 years, so why keep developing him.....

Let him go now...

With that said, Jazz should not match but they will because they can't get anyone worth a high salary to come here.

Let him go now...

Rofl

Srs who the **** quotes Burn Notice? That show is 100% crap.

Let him go now...

Assets back in a S&T?
Having Hayward allows Hood to develop against subs before he's thrown into the fire.
Juts because he can leave doesn't mean he will

If the Jazz match, I'll just have to convince myself Gordon can bring it more often like he did that one game against OKC, when he scored 37 points, including the last 17 of the 4th quarter and shot 13-16. That was a fun game to watch!

If he had more games like that no one would be complaining about him getting the max.

I think its funny that Hornet fans are very agitated at the Jazz for taking their sweet time matching while all the free agents they want are disappearing. We need someone to swoop in and get Lance Stevenson now to piss them off even more. I think it would even be funnier if the Jazz signed and got Brickward to agree to a trade to Phoenix or Boston on that max contract deal and got someone else back that is decent. That way the Hornets miss out on everything and we don't get stuck with Brickwards contract and still get something in return.

Most of us spewed some vile after this. But it was before the salary cap was projected to sky rocket.

Not true. There had been articles for months discussing this, and it is even referenced in the thread.

If the Jazz had not signed Hayward, we'd be competing with the Knicks, 76ers and Timberwolves for the league's worst record. We'd be absolutely putrid. I don't think we'd have more than 5 wins all season this far. It was a very good signing.

You know, the more I've thought about this, the more I'm convinced the Jazz need to match. He's been a very good player who has improved each season - except for the past one. And who could blame him for hanging his head? Jazz were awful. And Corbin spent more time resurrecting the career of Richard Jefferson than providing guidance for the young players.

No, Hayward is not worth the max right now. But he's going to rebound from a poor season. I think he'll return to his historic averages of 45%/38%. With better efficiency he should average 19-20 pts/per and still provide close to 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Jazz absolutely need him to run the offense with the first team. Trey is a shoot-first PG and Dante won't be ready to start for several months, much less lead the team.

Hayward is going to come back stronger and more determined and will blossom under Quin's guidance.

Nailed it!

Signed,
Chad Ford

If the Jazz had not signed Hayward, we'd be competing with the Knicks, 76ers and Timberwolves for the league's worst record. We'd be absolutely putrid. I don't think we'd have more than 5 wins all season this far. It was a very good signing.
But we could have then drafted Russell and brought home Millsap, Carroll and Matthews. FIRE LINDSEY!

Just kidding for those who think I may have been serious. I was wrong about wanting the Jazz not to match (for now). I admit it. But let's see what happens in 3 years.

Going back through some of these posts. People were killing me because I thought that we needed to match Hayward and then we somehow got side tracked to how I thought the Novak trade was stupid and everyone thought I was being petty... I'm feeling pretty vindicated at this point. Everything I say in this thread is correct and/or comes to fruition. It may have magical powers or sumthin so...

Jazz Gonna Get Russell... You're welcome!