What's new

Hayward hurt again

Word.

And I know this is pure fantasy, but it would be incredible if he was finally both healthy and motivated and shocked the world by coming back and leading the garbage time unit on a championship team.
He's not going to be playing, but I'd be happy if the Jazz use him in the broadcast.

Doesn't he actually live in Utah?

He does. That's the point. He didn't go back to NY/NJ where he also played for half a decade, and he didn't go back to his hometown of Dallas. When Kobe died and when it was the 1-year anniversary, Deron only posted Jazz pictures on his Instagram. It's actually not easy to tell from his IG that he played for any other team.

Why Utah? Why come back here where he left under acrimonious circumstances? Why apologise to Coach before he died?

He does. That's the point. He didn't go back to NY/NJ where he also played for half a decade, and he didn't go back to his hometown of Dallas. When Kobe died and when it was the 1-year anniversary, Deron only posted Jazz pictures on his Instagram. It's actually not easy to tell from his IG that he played for any other team.

Why Utah? Why come back here where he left under acrimonious circumstances? Why apologise to Coach before he died?
I think the simple answer is he had his best years and his best times here, and team-hopping for years helped him understand what he had (including a legend for a coach, whether or not the game had begun to pass him by or not).

I think the simple answer is he had his best years and his best times here, and team-hopping for years helped him understand what he had (including a legend for a coach, whether or not the game had begun to pass him by or not).

It was a rhetorical question. ;)

I used to hold a grudge against Deron for the way it all went down, but the last 3-4 years have shown that he's a bigger man than I am. I really think the team should offer him some kind of a role in the organization, perhaps an ambassador like Memo. With 150+ million in career earnings, I would hope Deron's not hard up for money. Or if he wants to give Trent, Miye and Shaq some pointers, that's fine too.

Because his kids grew up here, his wife loved it here. Dwill is just a sports bro. All he wants to do is golf and be outside. Utah is his 2nd home from Dallas. It makes sense for him to make amends with the fan base so he can feel more comfortable and not be a "bad guy" within the state to some.